It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyS
reply to post by ThinkingCap

The Police don't need a warrant if/when responding to a disturbance call, as far as I know...

Yes/No?

Was the disturbance call directed specifically to this guy's property?

That's what I'm trying to find out here.

link   

Originally posted by smokeythabear
Yea let's fight fire with fire until we all kill each other. Madness will not stop madness. Some of you people are ridiculous.

I agree..... But at the same time I can understand both sides here.

That said, allow me to just play devils advocate.

If you had a gun on you and I was about to hit say, your mom, with a stun gun.....What would you do? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't just let him...

I know the stun gun was pointed at dogs, but you know....Most people consider dogs a family member.

So, what say you.

Again, just playing devils advocate. Be nice!

edit on 15-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
POLICE DO NOT NEED A WARRANT WHEN RESPONDING TO AN EMERGENCY CALL

That is true in Canada too! And you don't shoot humans over a dog,even if the dog is well loved, especially if you have just sent them to attack the police officer. This case is not a human rights, fascist case, but a case of tragedy, violence, abuse and dysfunction, from what I see so far.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
[
If you had a gun on you and I was about to hit say, your mom, with a stun gun.....What would you do? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't just let him...

Would you shoot him in the face with a shotgun though?

Or try to intervene in another way?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

its sad, but you can't go around killing people's dogs.

remember the london riots? cops said the guy shot at them, but it turns out he DIDN'T! same type of thing, oh yes, the dogs "attacked".

if there are bite marks found in the autopsy, i will change my opinion, but dogs barking at an intruder doesn't count as attack. if no harm was done, the man had every right to defend his property.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokeythabear
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Alright then, let me clarify, Human life. I love animals, but do you honestly believe it was worth shooting the officer in the face with a shotgun?

Actually yes I do. It was only matter of time till we got to this point. Violence begets violence and the police are the most violent organized crime family in all of human history. There are no shortage of cases where someone acts against a police dog. In these cases, attacking a police dog is the same as attacking a Police Officer and can be met with lethal force. So why would the same not apply in reverse? To me this just highlights the problem we have in this country with the Police. If they would stop reacting with violence to situations where violence was not needed, then this Officer would not have gotten shot.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

[

See? This is why I never play devils advocate.I suck at this game!

haha, no, I would not shoot a person over a stun gun pointed at my dog....Honestly,I don't think I could do if it was just a plain old gun either....

I'm going to go pout.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

What other choice do you have at that point? If the police are going to kill your dog without a second thought, and most likely kill you even if you were a marine and served your country proudly, there is really nothing you can do but employ the second amendment.

Who said the police officer was going to kill his dogs?

Did the home owner claim the police officer was going to kill him?

I may be wrong but I see no mention of anyone being a " Marine and serving their country proudly"

link   
More details available..before you comment, read....
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Was the disturbance call directed specifically to this guy's property?

Yes.

After Police got a warrant as well...

According to a search warrant obtained by state police, accused killer George Hitcho Jr. had a handgun, a bullet-proof vest, several live marijuana plants, loose marijuana, a spiked club and a knotted tree branch, three rifles, and a 12-gauge shotgun.

No wonder he didn't want police in his house. You've got to click this link to see his pic as well, looks like a stonned Jesus lol..
www.lehighvalleylive.com...

According to the search warrant William Clancy, of 126 Washington St. in Freemansburg, called 911 at 5 p.m. after a confrontation with Hitcho about how fast Hitcho was driving. The rear of Hitcho's property is accessed by an alley that runs beside Clancy's home. When Lasso arrived, police said, Clancy directed him to Hitcho's home, about 100 yards up the alley.

Lasso made his way up the alley at 5:06 p.m. and called for backup. Freemansburg police chief George Bruneio arrived at 5:15 p.m., according to court papers, and found Lasso fighting with two dogs in Hitcho's backyard.

Lasso pointed his Taser at the dogs and Bruneio told him to shoot them, police said, but Hitcho then shot Lasso in the head. Police said Bruneio saw Hitcho, holding a shotgun, in the side door area of the home. Bruneio apprehended Hitcho, according to court papers, then returned to aid Lasso and found him lying with blood and glass around his body.

Hitcho told Bruneio that Lasso was trying to break into his home, according to court papers.

I hope they give this asshat the death penalty.
edit on 8/15/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

link   

[

Have you ever tried to "intervene" with a Police Officer who was given orders? Give it a try some time and let me know how that works out for you. If this man had "intervened" in some other way, we would be discussing a dead home owner and 2 dead dogs and if the level of violence was warranted.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Lol, I know what u mean though

I love my dog too, and I would intervene if someone tried to taze her, cop or not....but it doesnt mean whoever is attacking her deserves a shotgun blast to the face. But I guess the general consensus around here seems to be that EVERY cop is bad......this is why ATS is becoming a sad place.

Dont feel bad

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I don't understand why they didn't kill the guy with the shot gun that murdered the officer. Arresting a nut and putting him on trial just gives him a forum to spout his illogical beliefs and does nothing to keep the order of society.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Depends on wether your mom was trying to attack me and had the capability to cause me serious harm I suppose.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I posted this in the new thread, didn't see this one.

It is a tragedy, I just cut Freemansburg cemetery today. Flag at half mast at the police station. God Bless their family. No one knows what can happen in a domestic dispute. The Local DA,Morganelli is seeking death penalty.
I just wish it would be used more for homicides in general.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

[

Have you ever tried to "intervene" with a Police Officer who was given orders? Give it a try some time and let me know how that works out for you. If this man had "intervened" in some other way, we would be discussing a dead home owner and 2 dead dogs and if the level of violence was warranted.

He was armed with a taser for god sake.......TASER TASER TASER TASER

UNDERSTAND?

Either you cant read or you're not willing to listen to the facts, and if you're a cop hater, you will just assume the facts have been manipulated right?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yeah, and don't get me wrong. I am not one of those people who hates all cops. In fact,I think 99.99% are awesome as can be. Have friends who are/were cops and all.

All I can say is,I just hope I am never in a situation where I have to figure out what I would do.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
I don't understand why they didn't kill the guy with the shot gun that murdered the officer. Arresting a nut and putting him on trial just gives him a forum to spout his illogical beliefs and does nothing to keep the order of society.

It is called due process and if the police would have followed it the guy would not be dead. Do you really think letting police shoot who they deem a nut job is how to keep an orderly society? if so I am either going to go out of my way to avoid your kind or shoot first depending on what will insure my survival in your society
seed

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
POLICE DO NOT NEED A WARRANT WHEN RESPONDING TO AN EMERGENCY CALL

And they certainly don't need to trek into your backyard and fire tazer guns at your dog to respond to a 911 call either.

And people should probably stop with the naive "it's just a tazorOMGAWD!" crap. Tazers can kill dogs and people, too, dummies; it's just slower and more painful. And the old guy probably couldn't even tell it was a tazer, who's to say he didn't just see a cop aiming something at his dogs and blast?
edit on 15-8-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Depends on wether your mom was trying to attack me and had the capability to cause me serious harm I suppose.

No what I meant was ( And again, just playing devils advocate)

What if I had a stun gun pointed at your mom and you had a gun on you? Would you shoot me to save your mom?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yeah, and don't get me wrong. I am not one of those people who hates all cops. In fact,I think 99.99% are awesome as can be. Have friends who are/were cops and all.

All I can say is,I just hope I am never in a situation where I have to figure out what I would do.

Yeah same here

I know not all cops are good....some get power trips, but im sick of the baseless assumptions here...its ridiculous. He was following orders, armed with a non lethal weapon, and he was shot in the face, by someone who is a convicted drug dealer. Yet people always side with the criminal....sad really

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join