It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death Of Kelly Thomas...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by CigSmokinMan
to all world wide figures of authority, the world is waking up. we are watching. there is no way these police, or anybody for that matter, can justify a 6 to 1 beat down. we as taxpayers are paying for them now, and technically paid for them to beat this man to death. what do we get in return? tickets, fines, jail time. i post this question to the forum, who in your life has given you more grief, cops or criminals?

I am reposting this elsewhere...with attribution...I hope you don't mind...

If so, contact me as soon as possible....

I have worked closely with law enforcement for the last 30 years. I'm sad to say that within the last fifteen to ten years have been the worst. And each year, more atrocities happen. In 30 years of observation, the Sacramento Sheriff Department is the worst powder keg in Amerika. Their black SS style uniforms complement their anti-social mentality.
IMHO, it all starts with their training in the prisons. There, they are brainwashed to treat the prisoners like sub-humans (Gitmo terrorists are treated better), one and all. This brutality carries over to their street assignments.

How would I change this, by changing the hateful training they receive while on jail duty. It's so simple, but the borderline upper echelons do not have the personality fortitude to correct the problem.
Yes, I'm afraid it will get worse.
Be careful memshock, your dealing with people that have borderline and or anti-social personality disorders, that carry badges!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
1. How long ago were the Rodny King Riots? I'm glad to see that this is being done much more peacefully.

2. While we cannot afford to pay cops what the job is worth (i.e., the value of risking being shot at every day), when we don't pay them what the job is worth, they are going to find compensations, either monitarily or other. For other, you've got 2 extremes: meglomania and the honor of serving your country. The military and religious leaders, politicians, civic leaders of all sorts compete for that arena, as well. The do-gooder will want to do things like the DARE program, take off-hour crowd monitoring positons at the local supermarket, issue tickets to cops who break the law, etc. The meglomaniac will pull you to the side of the road and harrass you for an illegal search of your home extension (the car) just because they want to harass someone. All sort of nuts in the barrel.

3. The only statistics I'm familiar with for corruption on a workforce is that 20% will always steal, and 20% will never steal with everyone else falling somewhere along the rest of the graph. (Always cited in the service industry.) I suspect that police corruption of various types would be someting similar: 20% are doing something wrong on the job on a regular basis, while only 20% of the 20% are pure maddening evil: i.e. 4%

4. I like this link:
pegasus.cc.ucf.edu...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

Originally posted by CigSmokinMan
Who in your life has given you more grief, cops or criminals?

Cops. Hands down. Off the top of my head I would say the ratio is about 8:1. Times I can remember have been shaken down by cops in the form of tickets, vs losing property to theft. That is not even counting the taxes to support them - which I consider robbery also.

from dictionary.com
ex·tor·tion
   /ɪkˈstɔrʃən/ Show Spelled[ik-stawr-shuhn] Show IPA
noun
an act or instance of extorting.
Law . the crime of obtaining money or some other thing of value by the abuse of one's office or authority.
oppressive or illegal exaction, as of excessive price or interest: the extortions of usurers.
anything extorted.

care to take a guess at how much money is made in any given county in the usa in any given month off of misdemeanors alone, let alone tickets and other smaller "crimes?" the numbers would blow your mind. extortion has been one of the oldest tricks of the mob, and your local police force just (well has been) picked up .

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
We are Kelly Thomas!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

edit on Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:46:21 -0500 by MemoryShock because: To Fix Link.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
That hurt, watching that video and hearing a grown man screaming for his Dad, that physically hurt.
Cannot for the life of me understand why anyone in this day and age would want to join the force now.
Fair play to everyone who was there.
Keep up the momentum and update us.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yes, a big 140 lb. man with a mental disability. It makes me sick! There is a huge lack of self-control within society and it runs rampant in the the police department. These are people that are supposed to be the peace-keepers and have no more self-control than a five year old. Police officers get training in self-defense-why not self-control?

In the movie "Road House" Patrick Swayze says it's not personal and one bouncer asks "What if he calls my mother a whore?" Swayze replied "Well is she"?

I know police officers are human too, but they have a responsibility at all times to maintain control and not allow their emotions to interfere in the line of duty. I see it on television when officers are in a high-speed chase. By the time they catch the runner, they barely have any self-control they are so irate. Slam the perpetrator to the ground by their hair, put their knee in their back as hard as they can. Those that lose control have no business being a peace-keeper and I wonder what their home life is like.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The reason there are so many violent and abusive police is because that line of work tends to attract the sadistic as well as those trying to make a difference. Police work attracts a lots of power hungry, control freaks that like to hold a gun at someones head and push them around or who look for an excuse to shoot them. A lot of cops hate the poor and the disadvantaged/minorities and know they are weak and vulnerable. Some cops are racists and bigots. A lot are liars and will do anything to cover up their own illegal behavior.
Never trust a police officer if they stop you or pull you over, anywhere in the U.S. Have a cell phone or something that is recording and call your lawyer, quickly. Cops have been known to shoot people for reaching for their wallet or for having a spoon in their hands.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Many ordinary citizens are racists and bigots too. Not all cops are. There are police officers with a modicum of self-control out there, because I have met them. In the small town I live in, there are four police officers that live here. One likes to stop every single person that goes 3 miles over the speed limit! It's what he does well, lol. There are some good ones out there and I don't think we should stereotype, because of some bad apples.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Onboard2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
Another victim of an injust system, and another police force pushed to the limit.

Real solutions do not materialize when we see an issue as most are viewing this one; ie a black and white issue.

It isn't the cops versus the people, it's the pressure of the job versus the innocent.

I for one would never want to be a police officer, it is stressful and demanding and thankless.

That's the same type of excuses used to defend wife beaters. 'He just had a stressful day at work. He's really a nice guy'.

People don't have any rights anymore. It gets proven more and more everyday.

People who thrive on beating others like wife beaters and these cops have no empathy or remorse. They are void of a conscience.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2
Yes, a big 140 lb. man with a mental disability. It makes me sick! There is a huge lack of self-control within society and it runs rampant in the the police department. These are people that are supposed to be the peace-keepers and have no more self-control than a five year old. Police officers get training in self-defense-why not self-control?

I don't see the analogy between this and a five-year old.

And many people who beat others like this do it because they really want to and they know they can get away with it. It's not necessarily a lack of self-control. If you are beating your fist into someone because that it what you want to do then you are controlling yourself in the behavior by which you desire to conduct yourself.

Hitler (and his men) systematically rounded up and killed unknown numbers of people, but he controlled himself very nicely while doing it.

Probably nothing will be done to these men who killed this poor man. And they didn't get like this suddenly. People like that have often got away with such behavior for a long time before being caught.

That poor father is going through so much right now. As a loving parent you want to protect your children from everything. He's probably plagued with the feeling of utter helplessness over what happened. I hope he has a support system for this time. He really needs it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
People who thrive on beating others like wife beaters and these cops have no empathy or remorse. They are void of a conscience.
Not true at all. They have selective moality codes is all. This is why pedophiles are not allowed in the general prison population, but are put in solitarty confinement for their own safety. The drunken wife beaters who are doing time for murder or robbing liquor stores that have no issue with making another inmate their "wifey" will kill a pedophile the first chance he gets because some of his understanding of right and wrong still works.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

Originally posted by Onboard2

I don't see the analogy between this and a five-year old.

And many people who beat others like this do it because they really want to and they know they can get away with it. It's not necessarily a lack of self-control. If you are beating your fist into someone because that it what you want to do then you are controlling yourself in the behavior by which you desire to conduct yourself.

Hitler (and his men) systematically rounded up and killed unknown numbers of people, but he controlled himself very nicely while doing it.

Probably nothing will be done to these men who killed this poor man. And they didn't get like this suddenly. People like that have often got away with such behavior for a long time before being caught.

That poor father is going through so much right now. As a loving parent you want to protect your children from everything. He's probably plagued with the feeling of utter helplessness over what happened. I hope he has a support system for this time. He really needs it.

I think it IS all about self-control and don't see the analogy between Hitler and Police officers. Police officers aren't rounding people up and mass exterminating them. I used the biological age of 5, because that's when most people with control issues stop growing emotionally.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Onboard2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Video of the actual incident was posted today:

And here is an image of what they did to him. ****WARNING**** VERY GRAPHIC!!!

It will be a long time, if ever, that I forget his screams for his father.

:shk:

edit on 23-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

That video has actually been around for awhile including one that was released from a bus that gets witness accounts after the ambulance had left...

We are trying to get them to release the city surveillance footage which was on a very close by...as well as any cruiser cam footage so that it can be shown without a doubt that they used obscenely excessive force on an unarmed man.

I too will never forget this and am involved in the protests and council meetings (would you believe that Fullerton canceled the next one, slated for Sept 6th?)

Terrible indeed...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I had not even heard of the incident before today.

Such a terrible thing.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
John and Ken of the radio staion KFI AM 640 have been very vocal about this and suddenly went on vacation (they still are).

Speculations on who told them to get out of town and let this hot potato cool down?

They were a main driving force in support of the rallys. MemShock has attendance been down this last weekend?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Attendance was up...granted it varies in the early morning to the afternoon but there was a several hundred people march down CommonWealth Blvd that culminated at the bus stop...without permit but peaceful. I was disappointed that there were a few aggressors that showed up due to answer.org's appearance but a few Anonymous were around...I should post those pics soon...

I knew about the radio guys...am very curious as to why they are on vacation. Siccing my very passionate friend (passionate for research and links) on that one...thanks for the heads up...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Never mind.

I just listened to a podcast on 7/20 and One of them did mention that he was going to africa in the next month so I was wrong this WAS a planned vacation.

For everyone not in So Cal you can download the podcasts by going to this link
www.kfiam640.com... they have a sentence on what the main part of the hour is about.

edit on 24-8-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join