It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a scientific explanation for these two Near Death Experiences?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This lady was getting her brain operated and the life line went FLAT and the doctors said that there was no way that her senses were working at that time (since they were doing surgery). How on Earth did she know what the doctors were saying and could see the type of tool they were using to operate on her?

This lady has been blind her entire life and during her near death experience she could see. She doesn't even dream with vision so how on Earth is this possible:

I was agnostic for a bit leaning toward atheist but now I don't know. Is there any scientific explanation for this?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Dimethyltryptamine.
2nd line.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

that theory has been raised before, but in the case of zero brainwaves, it wouldn't work. not only is the '___' experience so different from what they describe, but the similarities between all NDE's leads me to believe that they are real.

'___' couldn't produce coherent sight for the blind woman, and couldn't have caused the woman with zero brainwaves to remember what the doctors were saying and what they did.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
i cannot cite a 'scientific' explaination for the blind woman actually 'seeing' on her minds internal screen...

all i might venture to guess is that there was some 'connection' with another multiverse and for that moment her alternate self in the other multiverse and her of this time-space universe had a sort of Vulcan-Mind-Meld thing going on....

the sighted gal in the other-verse became blind for as long as this blind woman was sighted...a shared crossover experience

of course this is just my fanciful speculation...
i reckon some things will always be mysterious, thats Nature

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

What Bob Sholtz said. Did you even watch the video? '___' can not do those type of things which is why I'm asking for a scientific explanation.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body" - c.s. lewis

body dies. dmt thrusts soul into the higher energies. then the body is unnecessary. this lady experienced something very special.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

nothing happens without a cause. there is an explanation for everything. people may not like to hear that they are a soul that has a body, but they are.

there are so many cases of NDE's where the person comes back knowing things that they didn't know before. i remember one case where a chinese woman discribed what heaven looked like, and it matched the biblical description, but she had never been taught that.

there is an explanation, but it isn't what an atheist scientist wants to believe.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If you look into quantum physics it verifies and proves the existence of what we perceive to be a "soul". Our consciousness doesn't die with the body, it is its own form of energy...our bodies are nothing but biological manifestations in this physical plane...

The consciousness (or the "spirit") just uses our brains and bodies as a medium for our it to experience our realm! its more complicated...but I believe that, in a nut shell, is what is going on.

When the consciousness doesn't have access to the brain (because its in a critical condition) it detaches itself.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad-H

Quantum physics says nothing of the sort. Please stop misrepresenting science to support new age bunkum.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 22-7-2011 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by arpgme

....a chinese woman discribed what heaven looked like, and it matched the biblical description, but she had never been taught that.

there is an explanation, but it isn't what an atheist scientist wants to believe.

There's also people who see Gods from many other religions...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
All throughout time people have been witness to supernatural events, which defy modern scientific explanation.

I have heard it said by some that there is no evidence for a spiritual realm, but this is absurd – there are multiple reports, thousands, which speak the opposite.

'___' is a chemical that allows the brain to hallucinate, sometimes causing a person to see things that would be deemed supernatural – but it is still a hallucination and should not, in my opinion, be considered viable proof or evidence for an afterlife….

However, when the brain is dead and has nothing to process – '___' is not, like another user stated, a good explanation for supernatural experience. Even the neurosurgeons do not have a rational explanation for the first woman’s experiences. So does that stand to reason that another explanation may be in order?

The questions that a rational person should ask their self:

How did the woman hear the other doctors – even with ear plugs that were emitting clicking noises – while brain dead and no blood circulating within the brain?

How did she see the saw that was being used by the doctor – even with taped eyes – while again, brain dead?

The only rational explanation is that she was indeed out of her body, and experiencing a realm that we do not experience while in this form.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

my point was that she came back knowing things that she previously didn't. things outside what she could know if it were just halucination. extra information.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I know. I'm agreeing with you. I was talking about the person who was claiming '___' even though the brain was being operated on...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

ahhh. i honestly haven't read any nde's that weren't about the god of the bible. the vast majority, even if they don't have figures like "jesus" in them, still support (or atleast don't conflict) christian views. its interesting.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Most of them says that God is love and that there is no hell or sin, and the few that do go to hell - notice who they are. They are someone with regret or fear (suicide/atheist).

Also, the God of the bible says that you don't go to heaven or hell when you die, you go to the grave until resurrection through Jesus Christ.
edit on 22-7-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Actually the idea has been around for a long time regarding the soul and quantum physics. It puts it all into perspective.
P.S. I'm not religious in any way, but I still believe that there is some sort of spiritual energy in all of us.
Some links...

How quantum physics prove the existence of the soul

Can Science Explain the Soul?

Sir Roger Penrose - Existence of the Soul

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad-H

No, the woo-hoo websites suggest such a thing, the science does not.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I need to go to bed so i'm just posting to make sure i can find this for future purposes. Sorry i havn't added to this topic but i sure will when i get more time to sink my brain into this =P

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Umm who are you to say what effects '___' will and will not produce? I've heard various anecdotes where a person's sight (mind's eye only) was restored/created for the duration of the '___' experience.
'___''s interaction with our nervous system and consciousness in general is not understood and for that reason I fail to see how a lack of brainwaves could disprove my theory.

It's implicit in the subjective effects of '___' that a physical vessel with an electric current is not an inherent necessity for the experience.
I'm aware that '___' is a physical compound and it seems illogical that its effects would be apparent in a metaphysical environment, however the experience itself would suggest that it is the '___' that FACILITATES this metaphysical state, and given how little science has to say about the effects of '___' in general...

edit on 25-7-2011 by posthuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2011 by posthuman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join