It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cylon Raider or algae? Swedish booze hunters may have made the UFO find of the century

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Ugh... thats annoying as heck.... Find something worth while, and then refuse to look into it....

You do realize that is costs a LOT of money to make a dive that deep with a robot? I am sure they would welcome your investment

You do realize that 87 meters is not that deep and plenty of divers can go to this depth with normal diving gear ?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
You do realize that 87 meters is not that deep and plenty of divers can go to this depth with normal diving gear ?

No I didn't actually... 87 meters is 285 feet. The usual nitrox mixes for sport diving contain 32% and 36% oxygen, which have maximum operating depths of 34 metres (112 ft) and 29 metres (95 ft) respectively. Deepest I ever went was 110 feet on a wreck in Lake Superior and that was cold and dark...

But I didn't say it ... the pro diver asking for money did

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I can go 40m on 1 regular tank... i have done it many times.
My friend can go 60m on dual nitrox tanks. this is recreational... im pretty sure if i had a few thousand dollars and a few weeks i could get to 90m.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The drain plug. What else would be round?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Sweden, right? Perhaps, the alleged UFO in the photo is nothing more than old rocks with drag marks left over from the Ice Age(s).
edit on 2011-7-21 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I've looked into donating to "treasure hunts" by boat. Usually, the "treasure hunter" will accept cash donations in return for a payout if valuable booty is found.

This time, he can ask for money knowing he'll have nothing to pay out in the end. The UFO story is almost certain to attract the die hard believers...

Once a good portion of the trip is paid for, he can search elsewhere, on UFOlogists dime.

Seems scammy, but if he backs it up w/cameras on location he might be legit. Time will tell at this point.

UFO hoaxery doesn't seem to be in this guys M.O. and definitely would be an odd career move...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
My friend can go 60m on dual nitrox tanks. this is recreational... im pretty sure if i had a few thousand dollars and a few weeks i could get to 90m.

Well maybe we could get ATS to fund an expedition
You would need a buddy, some cameras, rent a boat... but heck it would be an ATS scoop Think of the advertizing benefits

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

but 90m isnt deep.

285 feet, roughly 8 bars (atmospheres), is pretty darn deep for scuba diving.
Professional divers on tri-mix, using a dive bell for decompression, run in the 200 to 300 foot range. Remember that the Andrea Doria is now laying at 240 feet, and is considered to be the “Mount Everest of Diving”.

Then lets not forget about the temperatures in the Baltic Sea, which provide an entirely new set of problems at depth.

I can dive 40m on my own free will with 1 cylinder...

120 feet is a deep dive, at the bottom of PADI’s dive chart, and your tank, which will last you a couple of hours at 30-40 feet, will only last you about 10 minutes at 120 feet. To go 165 feet deeper you would need staged deco bottles, a dive bell, or a rebreather (if one will even safely work at those temperatures), and you’d have to be running on tri-mix. Either way, that is a very dangerous dive.

why wouldnt it cost SO much to go 90m?

For these guys time itself is money, it costs a great deal to be running a ship like that on a salvage mission. To stop, stage for that type of dive, and end up bringing back nothing worth any monetary value or that they cannot bring back at all, is a major waste of their investors money. So what they did was make it public so someone with an interest in it can mount their own expedition, at their own expense, to find out what it is.

My bet is that its something that fell off a ship, possibly during WWII.

…BTW… I’ve been to 120 on the bottom of a florida sinkhole.

edit on 7/21/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I hear ya..
Ive always wanted to visit that part of the world this time of year!
get the ball rolling 'son.. let me know when and where you need me.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

You would need a buddy, some cameras, rent a boat... but heck it would be an ATS scoop Think of the advertizing benefits

Well, if that happens ,count me in!
happen to live in the neighbourhood

i could arrange things locally (getting a boat, accomodation etc..)
edit on 7/21/2011 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

We'll I've got the video camera for it...
With our luck we’d get down there and find out someone has been illegally dumping containers of toxic or nuclear waste.

Did they give the coord’s for this anywhere?
How far out is it?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Did they give the coord’s for this anywhere?
How far out is it?

ummm its in international waters somewhere between Sweden and Finland in the Baltic Sea..

Just like you... to spoil the party

I am sure they won't tell anyone till they go see for themselves

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Okay Plan B

ATS contacts the crew and becomes a partner in the expedition.... then we can send Agit8dChop along with your camera and still get the goods

See? Always a solution. And maybe they could interview those Swedish Bikini Babes as a side trip

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Okay Plan B

ATS contacts the crew and becomes a partner in the expedition.... then we can send Agit8dChop along with your camera and still get the goods

See? Always a solution. And maybe they could interview those Swedish Bikini Babes as a side trip

or plan c
i can try to locate places on sea charts that have depth of 87 meters

heck its a start right

www.oceanexplorer.se...

now if we could get some info where their boat was roughly at the time shown by sonar pics ,hmm

edit on 7/21/2011 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

Then you need to rent a commercial ship with a towed sonar array.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Not sure what is up with these... live footage of the expedition

Baltic sea film UFO ? 11 juni 19 juni 2011 part 1 off 2

Baltic sea film UFO ? 11 juni 19 juni 2011 part 2 off 2

Strange anomaly was found during a sonar UFO or stonehenge standing on the bottom ?

Peter Lindberg, says that he has never seen anything like it even if he has spent hundreds of hours watching sonar images of the sea floor, "it's up to the rest of the world to decide what it is" he says. "It is not in our sphere of interest to go for this object since the cost for each hour out on the sea are tremendous" he says, "Since it might be nothing we can not afford spending funds just to have a look at it, even if it might be a "new" Stonehenge standing on the bottom.

So I figured if they were not interested they could give us the coordinates, right?

edit on 21-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
well it definitely is NOT a Cylon Raider...

This is a raider.......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/233da30536f7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Interesting find,i hope somebody can solve what this is.i'm sure over the next few weeks we'll hear of different people saying they can get to it with a little money..then the whole thing just goes quiet for months & months untill it's shown as a rock surface or something from a new set of sharper sonar pictures.

Always interested in new finds

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

No I didn't actually... 87 meters is 285 feet. The usual nitrox mixes for sport diving contain 32% and 36% oxygen, which have maximum operating depths of 34 metres (112 ft) and 29 metres (95 ft) respectively. Deepest I ever went was 110 feet on a wreck in Lake Superior and that was cold and dark...

But I didn't say it ... the pro diver asking for money did

Who said anything about using nitrox to dive that deep
. Nitrox is used purely for convenience of the diver (mainly to avoid fatigue after surfacing and lowering the chances of deco sickness) and is not being used (at least normal nitrox ) in deeper dives .This depth can be achieved using a normal oxygen mixture and is nothing spectacular . With an additional tank or two (which is also nothing spectacular) a dive to 87 meters is a cake walk. Of course for people that are trained and know what they are doing under water. The only issue is with deco on the way out , but like wrote before , if You know what You are doing this is nothing special.

Of course it is cold and dark below a certain point , for that You have flashlights and a dry suit, which allows You to stay nice and comfy on depths well below 87 meters.

I would say that a properly trained diver , can do this dive without any problems with the gear that he has in his closet .
edit on 21/7/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sorta looks like strong sad from home star runner

I think it's a rock.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join