It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cylon Raider or algae? Swedish booze hunters may have made the UFO find of the century

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Cylon Raider or algae? Swedish booze hunters may have made the UFO find of the century

www.news.com.au

A SWEDISH team searching for booze on the bottom of the ocean may have found a UFO instead.
"At 87m down, between Sweden and Finland, they saw a large circle, about 60 feet in diameter," he told local media last week.

"You see a lot of weird stuff in this job but during my 18 years as a professional I have never seen anything like this.

"The shape is completely round … a circle."

Mr Lindberg said the team has also noted what they say could possibly be tracks running some 300m up to where the
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7/20/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Title.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hmm, that’s pretty cool.
What else could be a perfect circle that big?.. I suppose a lot if your considering it could have come from any time period.. maybe it was a massive circular statue that some nation built and was delivering via sea to another nation and the ship sunk?

I am curious.. 87m isn’t deep.. recreational divers can go to 30-40m after a couple of lessons... 90m? surely that isn’t too expensive to send a submersible drone or something?

.... very interesting, I hope someone goes to investigate

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d896f5de0c78.jpg[/atsimg]

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-7-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I must be in a time loop.
or this has been posted?
the goverment will have taken it away by now.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I thought "U.F.O." stands for "unidentified flying object"...

Why are they calling it a UFO?
edit on 20-7-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
I must be in a time loop.
or this has been posted?
the goverment will have taken it away by now.

no THIS one hasn't BUT it looks to be the same object that that guy is trying to raise money to do a dive on in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

interesting thing is THAT is supposed to be in the Baltic and not the ocean, but the object looks EXACTLY the same.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think this has been posted somewhere else.....though I can't seem to find the thread.
I'm curious to know if they have found out what it is by now....

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I vote for the remants of an impact crater.

It doesn't really look like a vessel.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

i think better qualifying the terminology (i.e USO) for mainstream media gives to much credibility to the depth of the topic in which they hope to ridicule --- i believe this method has unintentionally trickled down to most media outlets even if they arent part of the beast --- so "call em all ufo's and call em all crazy"

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Doesn't look perfectly circular either.

My first guess would be some sort of circular barge or other floating construction that has sunk - the Russians made circular warships in the late 1800's that were up to 30m in diameter - eg en.wikipedia.org... - although this is obviosuly not them as their fate is known.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I believe this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... is about the same object...

just sayin...

seeker

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Something exactly like this was posted recently here, not sure if its the same location but the pic is similar.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It really looks like a rock formation to me. It definitely doesn't look like it's made of any kind of metal and it doesn't appear to be one solid object.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Ugh... thats annoying as heck.... Find something worth while, and then refuse to look into it....

So annoying.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Ugh... thats annoying as heck.... Find something worth while, and then refuse to look into it....

You do realize that is costs a LOT of money to make a dive that deep with a robot? I am sure they would welcome your investment

Its already posted here
Update on UFO in the Baltic
www.abovetopsecret.com...
with a video from the finder asking for money for the dive
edit on 20-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

?
but 90m isnt deep.
I can dive 40m on my own free will with 1 cylinder... Im sure my mate who's done tech diving can go 60m.

why wouldnt it cost SO much to go 90m?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by generik
interesting thing is THAT is supposed to be in the Baltic and not the ocean, but the object looks EXACTLY the same.

It is the same... the Australian article also says Baltic Sea... and the discoverers said nothing about UFO, just a strange circle on the ground

But its most likely the crash site of this...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
why wouldnt it cost SO much to go 90m?

These guys are treasure hunters... selling one bottle of champagne from wrecks at 20,000 Euro. They already have the robot on board... they just want someone else to fund the dive

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well since everyone is so lazy...
to visit the original thread...

here is the video

He doesn't say its a UFO

The Ocean Explorer team conducted between 11/6-19/6 2011 together with Franskabolaget.com a search expedition to find more of the sunken treasures of the Sea of Bothnia (northern Baltic Sea). The treasures consits of alcoholic beverages such as Champagne, Wine and Cognac laying in the holds of small Swedish mechant ships sunken by the germans during the first world war. The most famous wreck so far is with out doubt the small ketch "Jönköping" which was sunken on the 3 November 1916 by the German Uboat U 22 with 3000 bottles of Heidsieck & Co MONOPOLE Gôut Américain champagne from 1907, and 67 barrels of Bisquite & Duboché Cognac, each barrel containing 600 litres in her holds. Some of the champagne bottles has been sold for as much as EUR 20 000 per bottle.

This years first search/salvage expedition was granted with for the season terrible weather which did the search nearly impossible and is a reason why the Ocean Explorer team will continue the search for the "fluid gold" later during this summer. However, on the 19 June a very strange anomaly was found during a sonar survey of the sea floor. Peter Lindberg, the initiator of the expeditions, says that he has never seen anything like it even if he has spent hundreds of hours watching sonar images of the sea floor, "it's up to the rest of the world to decide what it is" he says. "It is not in our sphere of interest to go for this object since the cost for each hour out on the sea are tremendous" he says, "Since it might be nothing we can not afford spending funds just to have a look at it, even if it might be a "new" Stonehenge standing on the bottom.

www.oceanexplorer.se...
edit on 20-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's the missing roof of stone henge. Even if these guys had already investigated further and found anything of value in terms of information or artifacts changes are they won't say anything untill their pay is secure. We'll see.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
"That's no moon, it's a space station..."

(Just running with the Star Wars meme.... don't shoot
)

M.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join