It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't I Stop Thinking About Her?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think it was that I wasn't quite interested in her when she was into me, then when I fell for her, she was over me. Something in that nature but a little more complicated. I was always interested in her but the reason I was hesitant was because I just turned 21, she had a young baby, and she told me she was very interested in building a serious, long lasting relationship. It's just something I couldn't jump into regardless of how much I was into her. I had to think about it and when I was finally ready to commit, she moved on. I just really wished she would of understand my position and hung on just a little longer. I understand why she didn't though so it is what it is.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

I'm glad the one you held in your heart for so long came back. Sounds like that is a very rare thing besides the fact that it took so long.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chad_Thomas89
reply to post by Gazrok

I think it was that I wasn't quite interested in her when she was into me, then when I fell for her, she was over me. Something in that nature but a little more complicated. I was always interested in her but the reason I was hesitant was because I just turned 21, she had a young baby, and she told me she was very interested in building a serious, long lasting relationship. It's just something I couldn't jump into regardless of how much I was into her. I had to think about it and when I was finally ready to commit, she moved on. I just really wished she would of understand my position and hung on just a little longer. I understand why she didn't though so it is what it is.

Those are wise words, way to many people build families these days only to end up as single parents, its not that being a single parent is bad or wrong, but in comparison to having a family with the idea of both parents being there, then obviously you made a wise choice. Hang in there, everything always works out.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The relationship we had, if you want to call it a relationship, never really got going and/or worked out. I hurt her at one point and then she hurt me. Not in the cheating sense but the same effect. I don't talk to her anymore and we both moved on but she just keeps popping in my head frequently. I try all sorts of things to prevent it like playing games, reading books, hanging out with my friends, going to parties and talking to other girls but no matter what I do, there's always something there to remind me of her (not trying to quote that 80's song)....

The weird thing is she really shouldn't have this effect on me because the relationship we had never got serious. I knew her mainly from work and it sort of progressed from there. I doubt I had the same effect on her as she has on me and that's what stings more than anything I think.

Anyways, yeah, I know it's something I have to try to get over and will eventually and I just have to find someone else but I needed to rant a little I guess because it's so frustrating.

Women are like dog doo, hear me through, don't interrupt, its just the older they get the easier they are to pick up.

edit on 7-7-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The relationship we had, if you want to call it a relationship, never really got going and/or worked out. I hurt her at one point and then she hurt me. Not in the cheating sense but the same effect. I don't talk to her anymore and we both moved on but she just keeps popping in my head frequently. I try all sorts of things to prevent it like playing games, reading books, hanging out with my friends, going to parties and talking to other girls but no matter what I do, there's always something there to remind me of her (not trying to quote that 80's song)....

The weird thing is she really shouldn't have this effect on me because the relationship we had never got serious. I knew her mainly from work and it sort of progressed from there. I doubt I had the same effect on her as she has on me and that's what stings more than anything I think.

Anyways, yeah, I know it's something I have to try to get over and will eventually and I just have to find someone else but I needed to rant a little I guess because it's so frustrating.

It's true, time heals all wounds, however, you can't regret it. Don't be sad it ended, be happy it started, learn from your mistake, and move on. They say things in life happen for a reason....don't question that reason, just look at the smaller things in life, stop and smell the flowers, watch the sunrise/sunset, sit outside and gaze at stars.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by abaraikenshi

Thanks and I too think everything happens for a reason. I surly don't regret it and I do all that stuff on a regular basis....maybe except smelling flowers : ).

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chad_Thomas89

You'll be aright bro, my ex gf broke up with me like 6 months ago, I won't lie I do think about her but in the end, they just become a memory, if there is any advice I can give you, there will ALWAYS be another someone, even people who go through divorces and have children with ex wives still manage to move on, as the posts before me have been, time heals all wounds, be grateful that you breathe, wish the significant other a good health, and don't look back! =D

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by abaraikenshi

Yeah never regret it, you have just opened up the door for the next female that will enter your life.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Yeah, I have no ill will towards her. It is what it is and I'm glad that I'm still young. I know I have many other opportunities and experiences to come.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join