It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sasquatch, Man, Ape or Something Else?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

Did the Bigfoot you saw look anything like the images I posted?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

You think they may be part neanderthals? It makes sense but I dont believe they are the missing link in evolution, maybe more "mutation" There is another theory that perhaps they are some sort of aniceint humanoid breed of species. I'm leaning towards the latter but who knows?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by leo123

Did the Bigfoot you saw look anything like the images I posted?

Did i *SEE* anything like the images posted?

As you might imagine it was a fleeting moment, but yes, and it was easily 7'++ tall.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Comment on my own post above

yellow is my path once I decided it was time to run as fast as I could.

It was not a conscious decision.
A feeling in the pit of my stomach, then my body like self-animated.
I spun around really fast and just started running.
My survival mechanism overriding the curious part of my mind that wanted to examine this thing.
I suspect that it had released a sub-audio sound that my body picked up while my mind did not hear.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Comment on my own post above

yellow is my path once I decided it was time to run as fast as I could.

It was not a conscious decision.
A feeling in the pit of my stomach, then my body like self-animated.
I spun around really fast and just started running.
My survival mechanism overriding the curious part of my mind that wanted to examine this thing.
I suspect that it had released a sub-audio sound that my body picked up while my mind did not hear.

I still dont know how I would react if I ran in to a 7 foot tall Sasquatch but I'll take some advice and not give it any eye contact and try to back away slowly. I live in the woods yet never spotted one yet.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I still dont know how I would react if I ran in to a 7 foot tall Sasquatch but I'll take some advice and not give it any eye contact and try to back away slowly. I live in the woods yet never spotted one yet.
I have to think today, so many years later, it was the granddaddy and more that 7 and closer to 9 feet tall.
I have another screen capture from google earth I should post. What it shows is where the spot in the first capture is situated in.

The spot from the first capture is bottom center. Back then, one could come up from the river which you barely see at the extreme top (actually one of the side tributaries and not the main river), and cross the short distance between the two watersheds, to go to the other river, without being spotted, a perfect bigfoot highway.
The rivers are the Santa Margarita from Temecula, and the southern one is the San Luis Rey, coming from the Pala Indian Reservation.

edit on 13-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Wow, nice image! Yes I can see how it would be a good way for the 9 foot dude to go back and forth between the rivers without being spotted. 9 feet would blow my mind! Dont you just love google earth? I'm sure you wished you had a camera handy at the time. When ever I see a moose I'm never fast enough to capture the image.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I was just standing there in this spot and I imagined I was invisible and could just observe things and maybe see a possum or something. When I was younger I set a trap to catch whatever would be walking around. When I actually caught something I realized what a horrible idea that was.
Anyway, I heard something coming but I realized it was not four legged.
I figured whoever it was, he would just keep going, like an illegal alien, since this was walking distance from Mexico. It got dead even with me, straight across the creek. It stopped for just a second, then headed straight for me. It happened rather quickly and I really didn't react. I was thinking about how incredibly heavy it had to be. During the day, I would go down there with my friends on dirt bikes so was very familiar with what would have been normal as far as someone walking along there.
It was dark and there was not much light at all and this thing blocked out all light in that general direction. I was looking at like center torso, looking level. I was mostly looking straight up because I saw big patches of the dully luminescent sky as it pulled the canopy aside. I think it was doing a demonstration of its capabilities. It seems to have had the desired affect.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That would be very cool to see. What is your overall opinion of what Sasquatch may be? Combination man/ape, humanoid, other? There must be some reason they can not be found easily.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The reason I do tell of my experience is to counteract those people I hear on the radio who think they are just an apparition and are a psychic phenomenon, with no real substance to them.
I had that proved false, a long time ago, as in forty years ago. I have to think that fate or whatever, told that bigfoot to tell me something which I could in turn tell others of my species. They are real and they have lives and exist in their own little world and want to be left alone.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Thanks for your opinion. What do you think about the way people call them out by hitting bats on trees or other small things others have claimed to have worked? I was also told to watch for bent over trees that touched the ground as a reference to where they may be located. Have you heard that before?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

I am an Independent "skunk ape" field researcher from Florida, and find the work frustrating. It is getting difficult to use even some basic scientific methods in my work. For example, I am unable to repeat anything I have found or experience observation of any kind.

I have found footprints of different sizes. I have gone back for months into the same area and never found anymore prints. I can't tell you how frustrating this is to me. I have recorded howls at night that don't match anything I am familiar with. (It could be a sick animal, for example). Again, I cannot get another recording of said animal.

Forget about a sighting, I have some videos that show motion but only in wide angle with extreme loss of resolution when blown up. Sightings are reported in Florida all the time and I go to these areas with not much luck.

Frustration is no reason to give up on anything in life. But when I see the BFRO making money "hoaxing" on the Finding Bigfoot show when they seem to find something every time they go out....I cringe. That is not possible folks.

If Bigfoot exist, it is extremely rare and has an ability to elude man which is unknown to any other animal. Perhaps trail cams would, in the long run, yield more evidence. That is the direction many researchers have now taken, and where I am headed.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tampa Tim

I must agree with you about this. I have considered strapping a game cam on my dogs head with night vision at times. I suspect these giants avoid dogs too though. Have you heard of the broken stick theory of weaved sticks shaped like a square in an effort to locate them? Made by them?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

These are not things to be messed with or "found".
That story is one, and I have a couple others but, seriously, actually trying to have an encounter is a really bad idea. The fact is, they , or just one, could turn you quickly into a bunch of small pieces.
Even a black bear is dangerous and can do a lot of damage. I would have little hidden shelters in the mountains to spend the night in while traveling around in the closest thing to wildness I could find in the State of California. and I had a bear completely wreck one of them. I had a rude awakening by a bigfoot at a different one where I had spent several days using it as my base. I got chased out of one entire (different) area and felt lucky indeed to be alive to tell about it. I live in Florida now where they are more friendly and I am not afraid of them. Not that I have seen them. The mosquitoes are bad and at night you have to stay under some sort of netting so you are not going about so much and basically in one spot, but I hear them as if they want to see who I am. I had learned from my CA experiences to not go in the woods without taking my dogs, so that makes a difference.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I personally don't believe that sasquatch lives anywhere else but in the NW U.S. up to Vancouver and British Columbia to the Yukon and Alaska and perhaps siberia right across the way. There is WAY too many people living in the East Coast for me to believe any acounts from Ohio or Pennsylvania. However I do believe in the remote possibility of the "Skunk Ape" in the swampy south but think that it's a different kind of primate or even primates that we do know exist that have been let out into nature as it has been documented that chimps and orangutangs have been spotted in Florida. I believe that sasquatches migrate depending on the season (except I've always wondered if or how they would have moved north or south of I90 whenever I took the pass through the Cascades). When Teddy Roosevelt camped in the Cascades he even documented an experience with one at night in the early 1900's. There were quite a few encounters by Mt.St. Helens which led to the deaths of various skiers and hikers which led an area by it to be called "Ape Canyon". Now since the eruption of St. Helen I have always wondered if any of the population survived because I believe they use the caves as cover or hidden homes but there still has been recent encounters. As I've stated before I'm going to go to Ape Canyon and check things out. I've also been to Vancouver before but only in Victoria (Codeine pills without prescriptions oh yeah!) I would like to check out the central northern part of the island because it is sparsely populated and would be where they most likely reside. One theory I have is that they're modern day Neanderthal-like creatures that avoid us because they know Homo Sapiens have used genocide on them in the past, After all how do we know that Neanderthals weren't completely covered in hair? Another theory I have is that they are a small relic of the past, one of the dead ends of homonid species. Or they could be much smarter than we think they are and maybe have extensive underground dens and they're own culture and are as afraid of us just like if there were reletively few of us and entire populations of them, I think that would scare the hell out of me knowing monsters are all over the place and they should definitely be avoided because of thier violent tendencies. So we're either looking at a dying small population or an extremely well hidden discreet population only coming above the ground when they have to.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
A former girlfriend from Michigan had a bigfoot run along side her while riding her dirt bike in the woods. She was very pretty and had been a professional model when she was young, for petite women's clothes catalogues. She had long very blond and slightly wavy hair and was not wearing a helmet.
I am describing her because I think it is important to the bigfoot's behavior. I imagine it was so fascinated with her that he had to get a good luck. The terrain was very rough and it took a long time to where she could eventually outrun him. I just think it is silly to say there could not be bigfoot in certain places.
I have a post on this thread where I show aerial maps and this place Temecula, was the highest concentration of people north of Mexico City, before the Spanish moved them off to make huge cattle ranches. The bigfoot were able to fill the vacuum and thrive without the human competition.
edit on 15-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by TLomon

You think they may be part neanderthals? It makes sense but I dont believe they are the missing link in evolution, maybe more "mutation" There is another theory that perhaps they are some sort of aniceint humanoid breed of species. I'm leaning towards the latter but who knows?

Neanderthals have nothing to do with a missing link. They are a parallel branch of human evolution. Homo sapians and neanderthals are believed to have shared a common ancestor about 1 million years ago, but since then, evolved in different directions. As humans today are on direction of evolution, neanderthals evolved into what we today call bigfoot. It's a theory with no real evidence... yet, but as we decode more and more of genomes available, it will be interesting to see what will be found if/when a sample of bigfoot dna is obtained.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

How about Gigantopithecus?

I tend to go more that way and that Neanderthals are too human.
This reminds me a lot of my own situation as described in my earlier post on this thread.
edit on 17-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Best evidence to date! I also want that life size cutout he had.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Bigfoot is "something else". As in, it doesn't exist. If there was really a bigfoot, it would be easier to prove than ufos or aliens.

Maybe they're all part of the same thing, which is basically a kind of mental projection created by human imagination and some other forces we're not aware of at the moment, that is superimposed on reality for a short time, then vanishes. Not that it isn't "real," because nobody can clearly define an objective reality. There may not even be an objective reality. They're real enough to interact with things, leave footprints, get their photos taken, etc. But they're not what we usually think of as part of good, old-fashioned reality, so they're naturally hard to pin down.

True, the evidence isn't great for any of it. But what are the odds of it all being completely bogus or wrong? Probably not 100%. So it's worth investigating, if for nothing else to learn more about how people see reality.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join