It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the wealthy ATS members out there. SHTF vehicles?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
have thought this through a few times.think in all honesty shtf vehicles will be one use only.think speed and cargo are most important.amongst a few other mad things i have a 1050 horse dodge ram srt10.its horrifically quick for what it is,have a 650 horse 911 turbo and up to about 120 i think its jsut as quick.but what impresses me most is the fact its nearly unbreakable,i have seen 177 on gps/satnav but chickened it when the barn door sized mirrors started to fold in.however when clearing a deceased relatives house.my mrs and i got what is more than a ton of stuff under the trucktop and she cruised at 150 like that.if i had a few hours "paranoid warning" before the masses i reckon i could get family and a lot of stuff well into the hills.would be nice to have 4wd and more ground clearance but hey at least its already owned.
anyone have any ideas what vehicles they own would achieve in a shtf.pros and cons.would be interesting to see what you all think

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Holden Sandman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fits all your supplies and can handle the Australian outback and as a bonus Roo shootin'!
edit on 1-7-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

It seems to me that you are advertising for work and wanting to connect with the wealthy on ATS. You want them to contact you via the U2U feature. That is why you started this thread...right?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Not saying I'm wealthy but why would I worry about a vehicle? A vehicle choice is up to the security people. If I was to choose it would be a classic that had no electronics or a mil-spec that was hardened.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Local motors rally fighter, diesel 4x4 street legal dune buggy, Obama just visited their factory too for possible military vehicles.

60k to build and you can customize almost every option

edit on 1-7-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
M274 Mule nuff said

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
well if the SHTF ...assuming there was no EMP blast. i would have to stick with my 06 HUMMER H3. Sure its not armor plated or have guns mounted on it but it can handle almost any terrain you throw at it. They have proven themselves off road many times. They are armor plated under the body which is an added bonus. With room for 5 and storage in the back for whatever.....guns, food, gas...things like that, it stacks up pretty well with other SHTF vehicles. But like i said before...this is assuming there is no EMP blast, cuz if there was it would just be a heavy piece of usless crap.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the Unimog

Tough as nails and will go anywhere. Can be tough to get your hands on one from what I hear though.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Ideal SHTF ride......
STARZ of course silly
How else is there to travel for the LIGHTER density folx. 3D automobils exposed to EMP = un no

edit on 7/1/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I've been thinking converted shipping containers into subteranean farms and living quarters sounds more marketable
we could stack them like legos or bury them in different orientations welded together with doors n skylights cut out.
We could get those huge ones from the ports for about 5 to 6 hundred bucks

I just started hotrodding a 66 chevelle for a customer . Seems like a fun industry. Doesn't appear to be a sustainable one though.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The best SHTF vehicle is 20 to 30 years old with regular maintenance followed. It should be a common model, so parts should be plentiful. Do your research beforehand as some vehicles have weak spots or poor design issues which can be troublesome in the future. Know about these before buying and look for sellers who have corrected the issue.

You don't need to be wealthy to have a decent "bug out vehicle".

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well I'm not exactly wealthy..But I'll take my chances with my little old lady.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b7714dc908c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
My never say die, 95 chevy 1500 shortbed. She is faster than most cars and will go through just about anything quickly.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Out of my 3 cars ,

05 accord
04 astra
98 grand cherokee

I would have to say my cherokee, easy worked at, strong 4.0 motors never break and mine just had new gaskets all round and a rebuild by myself so I know the engine inside out. 0-60 8 sec dead, 190bhp permanent 4x4 drive. Ground clearance is a bit of an issue at the minute althrough its amazing off road it could do with being a little higher.

For anyone thats intrested my Baby and the parts jeep.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
As soon as that Maurader popped up on Top Gear I was like WANT!

Don't think I'll be buying one anytime soon on not much more than minimum wage.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by yakuzakid

Know what you mean - but it was an awesome beast - then again I'm partial to my 4x4's as well.

Just couldnt see Land Rover building anything that nice (unless you count the concept they did for that awful Judge Dredd movie)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

doo wa diddy.......

That's the EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle.

And I didn't even have to look that up. It's one of those things us Gen-X'rs just know.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Not sure where I have seen that before. Hmm now I have to find a pic of that Damnation Alley machine - The Landmaster

Ah here we go -

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

this is what you want

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

A jeep for me. Love them to death, and for the couple days I can get gas for it if the S really does HTF it will be useful.

After that, I suppose its going to be a horse.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join