It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the wealthy ATS members out there. SHTF vehicles?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hello I am a new member to these forums but I have been a long time forum lurker. I just recently lost my job where I was building hot rods (shop slowed down too much and had to let me go), I'm rather crafty when it comes to metal fabrication and weaponry. I figure i can integrate my two strengths and possibly make some money doing so. To the wealthy members out there.. if you would like a high quality, bulletproof, armed with guns, SHTF vehicle that can go nearly anywhere, I'm your go to guy! granted the components are rather spendy so its not a low budget build. But If you have the money, I have the skills! let me know!

Also maybe other members can have fun tickling their brains with things they would want on an ideal SHTF vehicle!
edit on 30-6-2011 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I would reccomend an Audi. I once crashed at 80 mph whilst driving under the influence of a seizure, and the car survived with mere cuts and bruises. I however was hospitalised for 14 months.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
SHTF Vehicle needs to be a 4x4 truck. you can put whatever the heck you want in the truck bed. Being eather extra supplys or mounted Guns

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

oh it would be a truck alright, with 2 1/2 ton axles on a 1/4 inch thick fully boxed frame, bulletproof windows, retractable guns that would pop out of the body, enough storage for all your survival goods and family. sky is the limit!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The ideal vehicle for that scenario is a boat. I have one i'm going to but it's just a big sailboat. I'd like something that is similar to the craft in Waterworld yet with defensive capabilities.

Remember that this is going to be on water in swells so any defensive gadgets need to be reliable and accurate on a moving object.

What can you come up with.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Top Gear this week did a piece on the Hummer H3 follow up vehicle - built in S.Africa - The Maurader.

Looks pretty mean - and a snip at £300k

blogit.realwire.com...

If cash isnt an option then I think I know which dealership id be checking in with. Apparently (according to the show) you need a background check before they will sell you one .........

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

1 of these please:

Oh baby.

More info:
The Beast
edit on 30-6-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
keep an eye on the fighting in Libya.

the toyota trucks are an inspiration, hard to know what weapon they'll mount next.

you could go over as a tourist soldier and check out the trucks, they might give you a job.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

armored sailboat with fire retardant sails of course, can have defensive guns in caliber of preference, guns can be either manual or thermal tracking =)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Great Minds obviously spot good vehicles

Thanks for posting the link - I couldn't find that

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
reply to post by kro32

armored sailboat with fire retardant sails of course, can have defensive guns in caliber of preference, guns can be either manual or thermal tracking =)

Thermal alown will cost you $5,000-$10,000 ease.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

oh it would be a truck alright, with 2 1/2 ton axles on a 1/4 inch thick fully boxed frame, bulletproof windows, retractable guns that would pop out of the body, enough storage for all your survival goods and family. sky is the limit!

I hope you plan to pull a mobile gas station with you.

SHTF vehicles will only last for awhile sadly..

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

doo wa diddy.......

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I know when SHTF I’m ripping my alternator out of my Camaro, locking it in the gradge and braking the counter balances on the door so no one can lift it. It would take 3 guys to lift that sucker

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Haha, you're welcome.

Second line to say, people are getting tight with the stars nowadays

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Thats why I said components are spendy

as far as the marauder. I think i could out engineer that vehicle even, as cool as it may be. My dream is to be able to engineer and create a full vehicle where money is not an object.

as to the statement about the fuel consumption, while yes, fuel does run out, you would be impressed what kind of range you can get from a vehicle with semi truck fuel tanks. Plus if you have the money for a vehicle of this caliber, chances are you have a underground bunker. I can even create a escape hatch on the bottom of the car so all you have to do is drive on top of your bunkers air lock blast door, and climb down, safe from any harm.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

I hope you plan to pull a mobile gas station with you.

SHTF vehicles will only last for awhile sadly..

Ya but this thread is for rich people ;p they can buy all the gas they want when the fans turn brown. So what cellphone are the rich going to use? j/k

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

For the not to wealthy, a 4x4 diesel can be converted quite easily to run on bio fuel. Do you think that people will be looting the deep fat fryers of restaurants? Highly unlikely…well, until now that I’ve said it. I'm sure others have thought of it as well.

Pre 1972 vehicles have been shown to survive an EMP due to the lack of computerized components. Also, you must realize that once someone sees you driving when no one else is will make you a target.

Just remember that commonality is what you are looking for. If you have something exotic, it’ll be a real bitch to repair.

Older F150's
Chevy C10's
Dodge's
Internationals Scouts
CJ's

Many common parts. You have to be able to keep running with what ya have.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Unless you're whole point is to confront the enemy and destroy I would think a stealth vehicle would be more appropriate. The Marauder type, while also expensive, is extremely heavy, gets very poor mileage, and has a top speed of 120kph, not quite 70 mph, so it ain't fast. I know it sounds really macho to stick a machine gun on the back of a pickup. Thee are called "technicals" and they're just great until they meet up with an M1A1 Abrams tank, in which case they are toast.

I would think that if survival were the goal, then something along the lines of a very suburban non-descript vehicle, kind of a soccer Mom on steroids that did not look at all formidbale, but still offered superior protection and storage in the name of survival, would be the ticket. The idea would be to sneak past and not call attention to itself. I'm not sure where to start designing something like that, but let's see if we can't come up with some particulars.

Edit to add: Diesel and big fuel tanks, of course. I store 200 gallons of diesel at all times. Of course, that means I would be pretty stationary. I just read where you can replace the standard 34 gallon tank in a Chevy Duramax with a 55 gallon one for about $1K. It fits so you can't see it. It's those kinds of mods I think would be worthwhile.
edit on 6/30/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

they will just yell really loud.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join