It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(New title:) How are people manipulated by psychopaths?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by GisfridMaillor

Okay, I have changed the title, so that it encompasses the subject I want to discuss. I am not advocating "I'm a victim!" mentality.

I am hoping to discuss how persons can become unwitting conspirators under the influence of persons who are very skilled at persuasion and have lots of charisma....

Hope you can contribute further!
WT
How about Charles Mansons 'family', they became(arguably) unwitting conspirators.

And it is very hard to view them as victims.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Not sure to whom you are talking. I believe exactly the same thing...the people who do these things are beyond help. Because they don't want help.

Thanks for your input!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I'm no mental health professional, but I went through the mental health system. In my opinion, women gravitate to that sort of guy because they have their own sets of problems which they are not addressing correctly. With me, I was not educated about those pathologies so I was operating on ignorance. But I was also ignorant about me. I had disorders which i would not acknowledge, therefore went undiagnosed. I did not have a strong happy father, he was weak. When I met these men, they swaggered around 'knowing' they were IT, and they were take charge over me. So I let em. It was major train wrecks destined to happen! And not pass in the night!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Huggiesunrise
I have to agree society rewards the behaviour and that in most cases we see that while even the most extensive psychos... will do and say long enough to suck in a person to suit thier needs temporarily..

That mostly the ruse does crack. Depending on the resolve of the individual.. Thats why I think our own empathy and in some cases 6th sence is necessary to root out something thats.. "not quite right" about them.

And yet.. some have different motivations as well. The few ive had the misfortune of running into seem to merely wish to survive. Any.. downright.. monstrous sociopaths.. ive yet to encounter.. thankfully.

While thier apparent emotionless is a symptom.. I have to disagree with the observation.. and honestly say that.. they are more emotionally repressive. depending on their particular interests and... excitements.. which are not easily hidden. sociopaths blossom when dealing with subjects that make them feel "alive" so its led me to beleave this is a true issue with society.

The effemeril spiritual context lacks spiritual merit in love. Without love a society suffers.. Plainly.

I think your a little off the mark.Sociopaths are the ultimate actors. The easiest way to tell if a person is a sociopath/psychopath is if they are only sorry because they got caught.
Psychopaths from my own observation of the few I ran across are more like mindless(but clever) animal's. They can't comprehend others existing as individual beings with their own emotion's, thoughts and what not.

Sociopaths are a bit different, and we have to remember that it is more of a spectrum type disorder(like the autism spectrum). Most sociopaths just don't have a conscience and rely on social customs(nurture) to figure out right and wrong. While some sociopaths get off on hurting others(malevolent tricksters). The main difference between sociopaths and psychopaths is awareness. Psychopaths aren't really all that aware and tend to think everyone is like them. Sociopaths know that others aren't like them so learn how to hide it and blend in.

It is a theory I have that there is 5 different basic behavioral spectrum codes* with people being capable of having different combinations of them at different levels of awareness.

+Sociopaths and Psychopaths are control freaks that are drawn to job's like Police Officers, Judge/Lawyers/Legal profession and politics.

During the cold war in Soviet controlled countries all knowledge of sociopaths was suppressed and didn't become available until the iron curtain fell.

*(Psychopath, Sociopath, Adaptive[normal's, can go either towards sociopathy or empathy] Empath and Aspie/autism**)

**(problem with this is that in some cases trauma or depression can cause autism like traits to manifest, maybe natural occurrence is like a messed up combo of the other 4 traits..)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Yeah I think this knowledge and talk about these pathologies is recent. If I had the knowledge in my thirties that I have now, I would have made very many different decisions. Ignorance is not bliss!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Precisely! How did the Charles Manson 'family' buy into his thinking? That's the question...people who are conscientious and mean no harm to others can be manipulated into thinking the cause is "acceptable"...but how?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Hitler had a whole country doing it.

He might be the ultimate.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Huggiesunrise

That mostly the ruse does crack. Depending on the resolve of the individual.. Thats why I think our own empathy and in some cases 6th sence is necessary to root out something thats.. "not quite right" about them.

especially: "Depending on the resolve of the individual"

Yes, eventually the ruse can crack IF the individual who is being manipulated listens to that 6th sense, that feeling that "I should not be here....what am I doing? ...."

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GisfridMaillor

Apparently you've never been gang stalked by The Anonymous A$$HOLE

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I was sucked in by a psychopath. it happens insidiously - you don't realize what is going on until it is too late, way too late. Before I met him in person for the first time, he told me i would feel totally at ease with him within five minutes of meeting him, and I did. He was fun to be around, knew all the right things to day. It wasn't until a few years into the relationship that I realized what was going on, how I was being controlled, and I felt I had no way out except to kill myself. Looking back, i can see all the little signs that should have been red flags. The relationship eventually progressed to the point where I knew he would eventually kill me unless I could get away. To make a long story short, he is now in jail for several years, and I dread the day he gets out because he has told me he will find me and I totally believe he will.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Hitler had a whole country doing it.

He might be the ultimate.

And HOW did he do that??
What is it about certain people that others follow them, like lemmings, to do evil?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It is because they are masters at verbal manipulation. They can make anything sound reasonable and after a while being with a psychopath, they make you feel like your thoughts and feelings are wrong and as time goes on, what they say sounds more and more reasonable - until you find you have gotten into a huge mess, and then you can see no way out except to go along with what he says. You become trapped in the relationship and trapped also by his threats.

Precisely! How did the Charles Manson 'family' buy into his thinking? That's the question...people who are conscientious and mean no harm to others can be manipulated into thinking the cause is "acceptable"...but how?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnieMaine

Wow. I'm sorry that you have suffered that, and I do understand.

That is what I'm getting at....that people who are good and caring can be sucked into the funny, handsome, charismatic, charmiing, attentive individual who knows how to make them feel good and loved and appreciated....but is in fact manipulating them... and a relatively healthy person can eventually find out it was all a charade, once they realize that their 'self' is not being respected.

IMO, they can spot potential followers from 10 miles away in the dark....and it is really, really hard for some people who are compassionate and also like positive feedback to spot them before it's too late.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Kinda like how politicians operate.
edit on 29-6-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by shushu

Well, your post disappeared....but yeah...it DOES sound like politicans!!
That's the point!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

One of the things that really helped me and really opened my eyes to the manipulation was a book called "the verbally abusive relationship" I could read some of the sample conversations in this book and they would be practically word for word what I had been dealing with.

I learned when i was asked a question, it would not matter what i answered, he would find fault with that answer. I really do not think i will ever trust anyone ever again.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Delete.
edit on 29-6-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by shushu

Well, your post disappeared....but yeah...it DOES sound like politicans!!
That's the point!

I deleted it after realizing someone behind the scenes was manipulating it. Hopefully it will remain untampered with.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There is a parallel Universe which has been breached. On one is the Human element, the other the Demon element.

Physically we can only live in one of these realms, but emotionally, through the Soul, we can reside in the other, as this is the means by which Demons can take possession. All it takes is a little white lie and from there a doorway opens.

Soon, very soon, these Demons who now possess the Masses will be punished for their man-ipulations and will be cast back through the Leviathan, to where they belong. They will take with them their attachments, those who have succumb to the lies. Those who deny this will seal themselves forever, and so too will perish into the everlasting fire as the attachments they are, fated by their own doing.

Actors are the worst of them. Musicians/Artists who have embraced the Caballistic ritual of inclusion are fooled by them. Politicians have a heart that desires them. Everyone who desires the material can be open to them if they are not honest with themselves. Children can play with them but are able to survive without attaching if they can overcome the barrier of truth and fantasy, yet they are not without risk of consumption by those adults who are possessed by them.

Only the meek shall inherit this Earth. Only the innocent will survive what is to come. Those who are with Demon (which may be all who participate in Society/Satan) can reject the attachment and save their Souls.

Turn off the music. Turn off the TV. Lay down the drugs and alcohol because the time is short. Stop blaming GOD and accept our faults and our actions for our own. It is not too late to save our Immortal Soul, but it is too late not to because the time is so short now. The Truth be told.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

To CrankyOldMan:

I think you have it right. There is some essential thing missing in a psychopath - empathy, the ability to give love and receive it - that makes them not quite human.

They really are "monsters" with a human face. And they will consume you, if allowed to do so.

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join