It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Debris of Space object found in Siberian Tunguska Site

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Not buying it.... nope, nada.....

No Scully and Mulder?
No SmokingMan?
No comments from Art Bell on this?

Let's all hope that Siberia was a more hospitable area than it is now....
Anyone have a photo of this 110lb rock? Maybe a picture of the "device"?

seekerof

[edit on 12-8-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Links in Yahoo news sorted via date - news.search.yahoo.com...

Links in Google news sorted via date - news.google.com...

Reported in Moscow, Austrailia, Turkey, China, South Africa, US (drugereport, washington times), Iran, India, etc.

The expedition was sent out last month - en.rian.ru...

More indepth article - www.physorg.com...
-----------------------

Space.com has even reported on it,
www.space.com...

"Whatever anyone believes, Plait points out that proof is what's important.

"I am not saying they didn't find an alien ship. I am saying that it's a) unlikely in the extreme, and b) they are predisposed to make such claims, which means we need to be very skeptical, even more so than usual in such cases. If they provide sufficient evidence, then scientists are obligated to investigate, of course. But given everything I've read, their evidence to even consider a non-natural cause is pretty weak."

Plait has even thought about what evidence might be necessary. A chunk of debris would help, but not just any sort of material.

"It would need a weird ratio of isotopes, for examples, or clear evidence of long duration space travel," he said. "Even then they must be careful; manmade space debris rains down on Earth all the time."

Plait, a naturally skeptical person, is willing to wait and see.

"Let's see what these guys bring back," he said. "In the end, it's not what they can claim but what they can support with factual evidence that counts. The burden of proof is clearly -- and heavily-- on them."

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
has anyone else heard that at the impact site, right in the center of the "impact zone" there are trees, and other stuff growing, but outside this tiny circle nothing else is able to grow? I find it weird that at this site the only place in the impact radius that allowed plant growth was in the middle.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
MSNBC has an article on this:

msnbc.msn.com...

In it, James Oberg discusses the various legends that have developed in relation to the Tunguska event over the years. He also points out that there may very well be real spaceships there... because the Soviet Union use to drop spent rocket stages over the area in the 60s. Might this debris be from the old russian boosters?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The original story was in Pravda, from which the following quote is derived:

"Members of the scientific expedition of the Siberian state foundation Tunguska Space Phenomenon say they have managed to uncover blocks of an extraterrestrial technical device. The space body, which was later called the Tunguska meteorite, fell down on Earth on June 30th 1908, 65 kilometers off the Vanavara settlement, the Evenkiya republic."

Read the entire article. The claim appears dubious, and not from merely considering the source.

One scientist said today, the new ET claim is, "a rather stupid hoax."

Pass the salt shaker, please, I need a few grains to take with this one.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Then pass the salt around, especially after noting the Iranian version...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think having an open mind seasoned with some skepticism is important.

Going too far either way leads to disasterous consequences.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't be too skeptical or accepting until the details are in. Anything is possible. If the Russians indeed found something we will know soon enough. Then testing will go a long way to prove if it is terrestrial or extraterrestrial.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It was nothing more than a weather balloon! They used to fill them with hydrogen.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So has there been any new new of this so called "device"?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Anything new on this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join