It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fix For "Flash Mob" Robberies. (or) What is going on with black teens???

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

You sound like you may not be American.

History is very relevant to this issue. Any American knows that.

Our particular history is an aggravating factor and, despite the fact that no one living is a slave owner, blacks hold that history against whites.

Yes, history IS relevant.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kaiode1

1. I haven't read the entire thread;

2. I have maintained objectivity via presentation of fact;

3. I will continue to do so despite being labelled otherwise.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

You're obviously not judging objectively, because if you were then you wouldn't be labeling people as "anti-white." You would've taken into account the racism that's been on display throughout the thread, and you also would have said something to those people displaying it, instead of calling the people who get offended "anti-white." There's no objectivity to be seen.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kaiode1

Pot. Kettle. Black?

Mr. Pro-Black.

As I stated, I've not read the entire thread. What I HAVE read of it is anti-white.

I've not labelled myself. I have been objective, presenting only facts.

Regarding taking a number, which the deliberately obtuse will misinterpret, all parties with complaints about various forms of slavery should take their place in a very long line.

Yes, serfs count. They were chained to the land they worked for their respective masters. Most never attempted to escape their fate. Additionally, for centuries, they were required to serve in a military capacity if called upon to do so.

THAT is TRUE slavery.
edit on 6/30/2011 by 2012srb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

what the hell are you even talking about? I'm talking about uncalled for racist remarks, and you go off talking about slavery?! When did I ever complain about slavery?
edit on 30-6-2011 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kaiode1

You're the one who complained about history.

I am providing facts which support my part in this discussion.

Correction, it was another poster.

I stand behind what I've posted in the context of the conversation.

This thread isn't about racist remarks or slavery, so we are both off-topic, in a sense.
edit on 6/30/2011 by 2012srb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm getting sick and tired of people claiming "unemployment" as the reason blacks are more likely to commit crimes.

Stealing watches, sneakers, electronics, etc. is NOT the result of unemployment. The only times you could blame unemployment is for the people stealing sandwiches... and even then it probably isn't the case. I'm currently unemployed, and I haven't walked into a store and stolen a TV...

Just what we need too, another "waa waa the blacks can't find jobs even WITH affirmative action! Let's give employers MORE incentive to discriminate against more qualified white, and hand jobs to minorities!!!"

It's sickening. Quit begging for handouts, because sooner or later the only handout you'll get it a closed fist across your face.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
here's 99% of the problem....ALL the problems

www.nationalblackfootsoldiernetwork.com
edit on 6/30/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

edit on 6/30/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

But where they reported in the NEWS that's the big thing there.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The whole Flashmobbing thing is being ignored by the MSM but is being covered by local stations...after the 1st two it was over for them...dont dare show the little lib thugs in a bad light

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Whats ironic here is this is EXACTLY the same behavior you are seeing from the banksters and Wall street criminals. They get together in a group, target something to steal, then rob en mass. Except their flash mobbing is on a global scale. It isn't lost on the common man. I think these people see the hypocrisy of going to prison for stealing a pack of cigarettes and getting little or no punishment for stealing literally billions. They figure if some thug in a thousand dollar suit can rob a bank from behind a desk, why cant they walk into a store and just take what they want? I don't agree with it, but I understand the rationale. If the people on the top of the pyramid have no morals, why should anyone not expect a reaction from the "peasants"? If a civilization leads by corruption, at some point the corruption will permiate the entire society. Its already happening. Buy a car lately? You almost cant buy anything anymore without someone robbing you. Theft has become institutionalized.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
I'm getting sick and tired of people claiming "unemployment" as the reason blacks are more likely to commit crimes.

Stealing watches, sneakers, electronics, etc. is NOT the result of unemployment. The only times you could blame unemployment is for the people stealing sandwiches... and even then it probably isn't the case. I'm currently unemployed, and I haven't walked into a store and stolen a TV...

Just what we need too, another "waa waa the blacks can't find jobs even WITH affirmative action! Let's give employers MORE incentive to discriminate against more qualified white, and hand jobs to minorities!!!"

It's sickening. Quit begging for handouts, because sooner or later the only handout you'll get it a closed fist across your face.

I've never met anyone begging for handout, so stop repeating that rhetoric. It's a myth like the "welfare queen".

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
Whats ironic here is this is EXACTLY the same behavior you are seeing from the banksters and Wall street criminals. They get together in a group, target something to steal, then rob en mass. Except their flash mobbing is on a global scale. It isn't lost on the common man. I think these people see the hypocrisy of going to prison for stealing a pack of cigarettes and getting little or no punishment for stealing literally billions. They figure if some thug in a thousand dollar suit can rob a bank from behind a desk, why cant they walk into a store and just take what they want? I don't agree with it, but I understand the rationale. If the people on the top of the pyramid have no morals, why should anyone not expect a reaction from the "peasants"? If a civilization leads by corruption, at some point the corruption will permiate the entire society. Its already happening. Buy a car lately? You almost cant buy anything anymore without someone robbing you. Theft has become institutionalized.

Thank you...but this will be ignored and show plenty of peoples true colors.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This is a disturbing trend. What I fear more than financial collapse, or natural disasters is total anarchy. There exists a certain group of people who would love to have the "present system" torn down, but what would replace it? Nature abhors a vacuum, and a worse system would likely fill the void, in the absence of a viable better one.

The previous post about this crime and crimes like it being due to some extent as a reflection of what is happening on Wall street and in the money lending business rings true to me. Crime without consequence. Basically its stealing and getting away with it. At least that is how is looks to many people. Economics matters too. But as we all have seen, rich people steal things too. They just call it embezzlement and insider trading, and anything else besides what it really is. Stealing.

I don't really think the individuals in these rogue mobs really considers all the consequences (if there are any lasting ones) of their actions. And if they have, the consequences don't matter to them. [Also, read up on something call "mob psychology" its quite real.] This is the workings of anarchy. This is the sort of stuff, and worse, we can expect if the "present system" collapses abruptly. I don't want to take to the streets throwing molotov coctails and rocks at the police or soldiers, That is a sure sign of really bad things to come. No one will win in that scenario, not even the "rich." Its hard to get and stay rich if you don't have the middle class and poor to provide the currency. Ever hear the saying "Sell to the classes live with the masses, sell to the masses live with the classes."?
No man can make you his slave, save he who first gets you to believe you are one.

If we the people are to learn from the past we would see that the best method is to use the modern technology that TPTB use to gain their power and influence. Build your base, build your platform, market it to the masses, tweak and adjust your message as much or as little as is required to gain the numbers you need to have said power and influence. There are many other details, but if you study the American political system from the right vantage point you will get the picture.

The "American patient" is not dead, sick but still has a pulse, don't pull the plug on it yet. Starting over from scratch is really painful and time consuming and I hope we don't have to take that route.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb

You sound like you may not be American.

History is very relevant to this issue. Any American knows that.

Our particular history is an aggravating factor and, despite the fact that no one living is a slave owner, blacks hold that history against whites.

Yes, history IS relevant.

I'm British, just for the record..

History isn't relevant today, history serves to show people how they did things correctly and hopefully carried on doing so or how they did it wrong and hopefully corrected those wrongs. History is simply that, a period of time that isn't now, to reuse it constantly when times have moved on is simply useless, either its history or its not.

Now that Black people have been given the same rights that they should have had then is progress, no one is going to pretend what happened was right but to hold it as a grudge forever shows that either some people have not progressed or its a mere excuse to do wrong.

I prefer the latter because I've seen the difference in the black / white divide over my 50yrs alive and have seen the rise in Black people getting their deserved equal footing by hard work. The only people I ever hear shouting about slavery etc are those on what we here call council estates, projects might be the US term. Now for me that's a piss poor excuse, I call it the council estate mentality. I've lived in many council estates over my life unlike my wife who came from a better off part of London, later in our married life things got tough financially and we moved to where we are now, in an estate on the edge of London. Being good parent (as best we can) we always taught our mixed race daughter to learn and improve, she's well spoken and a credit to us but here's where the council estate mentality comes in, one of our neighbours was chatting with us and said that she didn't understand why we bother with her education and she said, and I quote "why do you bother, she's from a council estate and never will be anything".

And there we have it, the old excuse to not bother trying, to blame your surrounding, its a version of the "see what the whites did to us", its a cop out. These excuses are used by blacks, whites, Asians and just about every race around here, its an excuse to avoid hard work, just as stealing is avoiding having to do the hard work to get the money for those items.

Thankfully a pleasing number of the youth around here DON'T use the excuse and DO better themselves, they go to college and Uni or find good jobs because they thankfully believe in themselves.

History has taught it that mostly we evolve, we progress, we learn, those that choose not to deserve no voice...
edit on 2-7-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2011 by Mclaneinc because: Spelling and checking

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

I disagree with the assertion that no one living is a slave owner. If you are "employed" by someone who pays you just enough to get from this paycheck to the next, and you cant afford the education that would allow you to become upwardly mobile, then you are for all intents and purposes, a slave. That situation exists all across the country. The myth that college is an escape from poverty is laughable. The only people who stand a chance of making it through college with tuition rates as they are, are the children of the rich. A lot of poor kids try to do it, but one financial problem can sink their plans. Not true with rich kids, they are bankrolled to graduation, where often there is a job waiting for them from friends of their networked parents, perpetuating the system.So the system as it is keeps the rich rich and the poor poor. We have a rigid class system in place and everyone pretends its not there but it is. I dont think slavery ever ended, it was just cleverly disguised as "employment". What we have is free range slavery now. If you think thats not true, ponder this: You are free to work in this society, but are you free not to work?. IE is there any way you can just walk away from the system and live off the land somewhere and be self sufficient unless you have large sums of money? No.

edit on 2-7-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

In the US, the history of slavery IS very relevant. Blacks in this country hold a grudge against whites.

As a citizen at the sharp end of this, I speak from experience. Before I retired, I had numerous clients who let me know exactly where black hatred of whites is rooted. It doesn't get much closer than from the horse's mouth.

They want reparations. That should be your first clue that 150 years of history has NOT passed since the Civil War.

They pick their scabs daily.
edit on 7/2/2011 by 2012srb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

In the US, the history of slavery IS very relevant. Blacks in this country hold a grudge against whites.

As a citizen at the sharp end of this, I speak from experience. Before I retired, I had numerous clients who let me know exactly where black hatred of whites is rooted.

And this is exactly what the hell I'm talking about right here. Sweeping generalizations that are completely dependant on the premise that "all black people hate white people." You really don't seem to be able to smell your own sh*t.
edit on 3-7-2011 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kaiode1

What are you saying? I didn't hear what I heard from my black clients?

Another swami.

There is a segment of the black population in the United States that hates whites. If you think otherwise you're misinformed.

The truth hurts, doesn't it.
edit on 7/3/2011 by 2012srb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
They should visit the White House next and vent some of their frustrations out there..

...and then visit Wall Street next and beat down some of the greedy thugs screwing up our economy there....

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join