It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The monster that went missing, and then was found... pics!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Several possibilities popped into my head. Could be a Hyena and Wolf Hybrid. The lower hind legs made me think that. The other was maybe a small population of ancient wolf species that made it to modern times undetected. Such as Dire Wolf or one of it's cousins from the Mega Fauna Era. It's not as large as a Dire Wolf, but it might have reduced in size over time due to smaller food sources.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I always heard that wolf/dogs could not have offspring with hyenas because hyenas are closer to cats than dogs.

In my opinion it looks like a strange wolf/dog hybrid, but it also looks similar to some of the more recent chupacabra sittings. Although older chupacabra descriptions make it sound like a flying demon creature more than a wolf like creature.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The two photos are not of the same. Look at the angle the head in the first photo is compared to the second. These are not the same pieces.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
myth of the werewolf, imagine what it would look like with severe mang.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
looks like a wolf to me

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yfactor1980
The two photos are not of the same. Look at the angle the head in the first photo is compared to the second. These are not the same pieces.

I disagree. It's the same creature, it's just that the two photos are taken from slightly different angles, that's all. It's a bit of an optical illusion. Look at the legs etc. - they are both identical.
J.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
paranormalmontana.blogspot.com...Lance Parker blog

Parker is the man in other links provided here that contacted Coleman. This is lengthy but worth reading. I also found a frontal pic of the beast, I'll have to post later due to me being on my phone & it being stupid.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Here is the link to the frontal shot of the "beast". After seeing the face, I almost remember seeing it somewhere before as another member said earlier. Not a clue where though.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the new info immortalcamel. That front picture does show more detail. I am still on the line of it being a wolf/dog hybrid. No matter what it is I would be afraid to run into that thing in the middle of the night.

So no news on the any DNA type test?
edit on 2-7-2011 by davidwaters84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

the vague patterns in the drawing on the side of the animal, along with the 'mohawk' looking hair on the drawing, along with the four legs and face, remind me of features of a heyenna

after reading the article which mentions it to be a cross of heyena and wolf

i'd say this 'beast' is likely a wolf or some other natural creature, well still worthy of investigation and mention but not nearly as interesting to me as other mysteries like big foot, lockness etc.

however i leave the possibility out there that twho knows!
edit on 7/2/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The big bad wolf in the neverending story movie has been found

nice job

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
The B&W photo from the article looks familiar? From a show theorizing on what the Chupacabra may be, the stuffed canine presented in the show, had a similar jaw line to say the least. It does look like a canid hybrid.

Looks like or similar to a Chupacabra to me. It's cool though, because I live in the area where all this went down. Maybe I'll get the chance to see one?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm not sure but I believe Paranormal: Fact or Faked tackled this one. It turns out it was some sort of dog mixed with a coyote or wolf.

www.hulu.com... ed-paranormal-files-dashcam-chupacabranightly-news-alien

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
genetic mutation is what it is.
of a wolf that is.

can't imagine that being a creature all on its own..

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by immortalcamel

Here is the link to the frontal shot of the "beast". After seeing the face, I almost remember seeing it somewhere before as another member said earlier. Not a clue where though.

tazmanian devil

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I've seen the animal that the Indians told of.

It's very similar to a hyena, but it has a large barrel chest and is fairly good sized with a sloping back, the face is ugly to say the least, but the head is huge.

I've told this story before here on ATS.

My brother also saw this creature, years before I did. He saw it when it was coming up behind me getting ready to get me when we were out deer hunting in a rain storm. I never saw it at the time of the deer hunt but his description fit the description of the creature that I saw a couple years later as it ran out in front of my Honda in the day time.

I must admit that I thought my brother Andrew was crazy when he told me that such a creature had been stalking me from behind in the rain storm. Its a good thing that he had kept up his yelling, or all 200 pounds of me probably would have been dragged off for a snack by that creature. I realized very soon afterwards that my brother had been telling me the truth about this creature when he openly was telling everybody about it and he was very excited everytime he told the story giving details as to what it looked like and how it had been coming through the brush behind me to get me.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by immortalcamel

Thanks for that info. Well, the frontal pic of the face sure doesn't look like a wolf to me...

2nd line

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
reply to post by jimbo999

the vague patterns in the drawing on the side of the animal, along with the 'mohawk' looking hair on the drawing, along with the four legs and face, remind me of features of a heyenna

after reading the article which mentions it to be a cross of heyena and wolf

i'd say this 'beast' is likely a wolf or some other natural creature, well still worthy of investigation and mention but not nearly as interesting to me as other mysteries like big foot, lockness etc.

however i leave the possibility out there that twho knows!
edit on 7/2/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

Which 'drawing' do you mean? There are two photographs....neither is a drawing.

There is now a third photo we have discovered that is linked in this thread...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

I'm unable to see this video as I'm not in the states...

Are you sure it's about the same creature?

J.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Fascinating! Where are you exactly? So I take it this was not too long ago? If so, I guess we may have another living crypto on our hands here...

J.

<< 1   >>

join