It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The monster that went missing, and then was found... pics!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Here's a really interesting cryptozoology story I've never heard of before. Apparently, the creature was shot and killed back in the 1800's - then stuffed, photographed, and disappeared! Until now that is...

It’s not often that there’s a mounted taxidermy example of an alleged cryptozoological beast, but in the case of the mysterious Shunka Warak’in, this might be a real possibility! The name for this legendary creepy canid was provided by the Ioway Indians, roughly translated as “carrying off dogs.” It is said to be a four-legged animal similar to a wolf or hyena which lives (or lived) in the midwestern United States, most notably in the Montana region. Little is known about Shunka, but according to the native peoples of the area, he was indeed a real animal.

rue-morgue.com...
edit on 25-6-2011 by jimbo999 because: added link

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Your link is messed up.

It looks like a wolf.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
Your link is messed up.

It looks like a wolf.

You think so? Did you read the article? I don't think it looks like a wolf at all. Read the "comments" at the bottom too..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Photos from your Link:Photos Of the Beast- Jimbo999 Thread

It looks like a wolf to me as well; maybe its a rare sub-species of a wolf and /or a genetic mutation? Its interesting Non-the-Less

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/679e77c29097.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a9ede31e904.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c56e21d9b8c0.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 25-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Interesting story, and really cool drawing. I almost want to make that my avatar picture.

This case reminds me of the chupa cabra - which I don't believe has been found yet.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Thanks for that friend!

Jimbo

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Yes, fascinating story. If you read the replies at the bottom, it sounds like our stuffed friends' descendants are still knocking around, with several recent sightings...

edit on 25-6-2011 by jimbo999 because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

There are wolf-like characteristics, for sure - but the sloped back, strange muzzle, and apparent stripes on the rear of the coat rule that out for me personally...

J.

edit on 25-6-2011 by jimbo999 because: spelling

edit on 25-6-2011 by jimbo999 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I think it looks like a pig-wolf.

Maybe its the wolf that eat the 3 little pigs and it mutated.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Are they sure it wasn't pieced together from other animals? The body looks like a boar.

I've seen dogs uglier than that.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The B&W photo from the article looks familiar? From a show theorizing on what the Chupacabra may be, the stuffed canine presented in the show, had a similar jaw line to say the least. It does look like a canid hybrid.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
im sure i have seen this story before, and i think it was said to be some kind of taxidermy hoax... although im not 100%.

ill try and find a link..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

True I think it looks oddly reminiscent of a Pig -type wolf look at its muzzle--- you're right it does look different than a wolf and its back is hunched sorta.

I'd say its an ancestor of the pig that evolved into a wolf creature?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I though the same now that i look at it it look s like a pig wolf hybird.>

Perhaps its a ancestor from Pigs that evolved and broke-off from the wolves and involved into its own pig-wolf creature

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Coyotes can get pretty frazzled & strange looking, but there are some boar-like characteristics too as has been pointed out.

Could be a real animal of some sort, but it would also be well to remember the amount of pieced together fakes the cryptozoology scene has been plagued with.

Good story though.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Here's a really interesting cryptozoology story I've never heard of before. Apparently, the creature was shot and killed back in the 1800's - then stuffed, photographed, and disappeared! Until now that is...

It’s not often that there’s a mounted taxidermy example of an alleged cryptozoological beast, but in the case of the mysterious Shunka Warak’in, this might be a real possibility! The name for this legendary creepy canid was provided by the Ioway Indians, roughly translated as “carrying off dogs.” It is said to be a four-legged animal similar to a wolf or hyena which lives (or lived) in the midwestern United States, most notably in the Montana region. Little is known about Shunka, but according to the native peoples of the area, he was indeed a real animal.

rue-morgue.com...
edit on 25-6-2011 by jimbo999 because: added link

Looks like 2/3 of man bear pig to me...

Or a wolf pig mix really is what it looks like...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

ive read up on this story before. i dont know what it is but i still dont get why they never tried to run dna tests on it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Looks to me like the new Chupacabras has lost his hair.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Why is the MSM not on this?
If real it's a real sensation!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Blow me that was funny

<<   2 >>

join