It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York finally modernizes and legalizes Gay Marriage.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by Thwax

I'm sorry you've lost your humanity..

It's not humanity, it's natural law. I'm sorry you are so small minded you cannot accept other people having a different opinion to you.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17

Originally posted by jeremiah8401
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Yes it does, but sperm donation should be limited to married couples who cannot reproduce because of a medical condition. And being a lesbian is not a medical condition. But that is my though on sperm donation. And what about a male couple? What would they do?
Use a surrogate mother. There are women who make a living off of carrying other people's babies for whatever reason.

I suppose that could work, but there aren't surrogate mothers' in nature. That's where it keeps coming down to for me. I'm not grossed out by homosexuals. It comes down to it being against nature for me. Sure they have the right to do what they want and I'm not even saying gay marriage shouldn't be aloud. But my reasons for being against it is what I'll keep saying: Against nature. But that's me. I'm not saying they're going to burn in hell our any crap like that.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

it's natural law.

hmm so not loving your child no matter what, is natural law?
I hope God(whatever high power drives us) graces you with the opportunity to actually have to make this decision you claim you'll make.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jeremiah8401

Well then you are the most rational person in the anti-same sex marriage camp that I have ever seen.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Okay but I didn't say your beliefs were wrong. I just shared my beliefs. I told you why Ithought it was wrong. I didn't say I was right and you are wrong. No no no no I simply shared what I believed. And to live in the world we do now everybody has different beliefs and no one can tell them what to believe.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

reply to post by jeremiah8401

Well then you are the most rational person in the anti-same sex marriage camp that I have ever seen.

Haha Thank you I try to be as rational as possible. You can't live in the modern world without being rational. You yourself are a very rational person and I like seeing people stick to their guns.
edit on 25-6-2011 by jeremiah8401 because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I find that the word "modernizes" in the thread title is better replaced by "conforms". Accepting homosexuality is not a modernization of America, especially since only 6 states have done so.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

When the majority of the western world already allows same-sex marriage, modernizes in the right word. Too many states are stuck in a 1950s mentality.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Plan2exist18

When the majority of the western world already allows same-sex marriage, modernizes in the right word. Too many states are stuck in a 1950s mentality.

By "Majority of the Western World", are you referring to the 11 countries worldwide that have accepted gay marriage? Of which only Canada and Argentina are in the Western Hemisphere?

In fact, in the regions East of the Prime Meridian, countries that punish homosexuality with the death penalty or incarceration outnumber countries that allow it almost 2:1. In favor of your argument, many countries actually do "recognize same-sex partnerships", however they refuse to condone the performance of their marriages in their own country. An estimated 4% of the worlds population live in areas that support same-sex marriages.

As for being stuck in "1950s mentality", the Netherlands was the first country to allow same-sex marriages in 2001..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Woo-Hoo! Six down, 44 to go. I know it's been said, but I'm saying it again!

Obama said his ideas on gay marriage are "evolving" and that he believes every person should have the right to civil marriage. Maybe this won't go one state at a time. Maybe there will be a federal law based on the Constitution that says if states are going to offer the legal contract of marriage to its citizens, it must do so to ALL its citizens, without discrimination.
That's what I'm hoping happens. These state laws banning gay marriage are violating the14th Amendment and should be overturned!

Individual liberty!

Obama! Evolve already!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
title is misleading.

was new york city not already a modern metropolis?

op is insinuating that if one does not share the same views as himself then one is an uncouth, backward neanderthal and those poor unkempt citizens of new york city have been living in the middle ages.

not very open minded............

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by riktus
op is insinuating that if one does not share the same views as himself then one is an uncouth, backward neanderthal and those poor unkempt citizens of new york city have been living in the middle ages.

Well... not the Middle Ages, exactly, but black people were allowed to marry in 1883. It's now over a CENTURY later. I say if the shoe fits...

Look, I don't have any problem with people having a personal opinion about gay people or gay marriage. But when they use their opinions to force others to behave according to THEIR values and beliefs, I have a problem. I have a problem with force and with people in the US not being treated equally under the law.

No one cares if you accept it or like it or hate it. No one is forcing you to accept it or like it. But if the federal government offers benefits to married people, then the only way to treat gay people equally is to offer them the same benefits.

If you're against equality, that's fine. But the Constitution supports it and so do the majority of people in the US. Source ,

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

Totally agree with you there. Huge victory and the Gay Pride parade is Sunday,

This is a great victory for equality.

Absolutely could not have said it better. Then again my children are part of that world and I want them to be able to be happy no matter their choice of a mate. So this is a big victory for many, including myself as a mother.

At least NY finally came around. My roomie and I have been keeping up with it daily and watched on the local news as it passed. So exciting this turn in our history of life.

Ainge

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So in order to modernize one must go against nature?Or do you say its ok because dolphins have sex within the same sex?Wouldnt you do better to use comparisons with a species that has higher intelligence?Does it make it ok that someone kills a girls mate because he wants her?I mean other animals do it all the time.And if you bother to look it up homosexuality and pediphile behavior is contained in the same part of the brain.I personaly believe that if gays want to be together to each there own.anytime man goes against nature,man loses.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormofnight
So in order to modernize one must go against nature?

Are you saying that gay marriage is against nature? How is it against nature to marry someone?

And if you bother to look it up homosexuality and pediphile behavior is contained in the same part of the brain.

You're going to have to source that for me to believe it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join