It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrods or Skyfish? What do you guys think?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

Sorry, but rods are not real, they are nothing more than bugs and moths that are moving too fast for camera shutter speeds to properly capture. Sorry, but the entire phenomenon is bunk.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

That isn't how shutter speed works. When you slow a video down enough, you're eventually looking at frame-by-frame images; just think of the individual frames of the Zapruder film that we've all seen.

However, each frame of video is like a quick little photograph- and they all take some exposure time. A frame of video is not an instantaneous capture of reality. Each frame is the result of the camera lens being open for a short amount of time, and if the object in the frame is moving fast enough, it will move from one part of the frame to another part of the frame in that time period. This results in a "motion blur" or streak across the frame, and is the case when an insect is close to the lens and is brightly-lit enough to register on film.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Reposting this for page two... Please just watch the first two minutes at least, if you claim to be interested in "rods" at all then you should be interested in seeing this.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wirehead

Yea i watched it the first time you posted it.
I dont use MonsterQuest or MysteryQuest
as a source.
Thats just mainstream media.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead
reply to post by TWILITE22

That isn't how shutter speed works. When you slow a video down enough, you're eventually looking at frame-by-frame images; just think of the individual frames of the Zapruder film that we've all seen.

However, each frame of video is like a quick little photograph- and they all take some exposure time. A frame of video is not an instantaneous capture of reality. Each frame is the result of the camera lens being open for a short amount of time, and if the object in the frame is moving fast enough, it will move from one part of the frame to another part of the frame in that time period. This results in a "motion blur" or streak across the frame, and is the case when an insect is close to the lens and is brightly-lit enough to register on film.
thanks my knowledge of a camera is more in pointing and shooting department,so thanks for clearing that up for me it does make sense now.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

They conducted a controlled experiment, you know what scientific people do...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
reply to post by wirehead

Yea i watched it the first time you posted it.
I dont use MonsterQuest or MysteryQuest
as a source.
Thats just mainstream media.

Honestly, I've never watched these shows- I don't even have TV. But please explain why what they depict in that clip is false.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

This is one of the best RODS video I have seen to date! This was filmed with an industrial Infrared security camera. Infrared or IR to those of you out of the loop is a sure shot method to observing RODS and similiar phenomenon in real-time without manipulating the optics of the camera.

I find it very hard to believe that all RODS are common insects captured with a shutter speed adjustment when you have a peice of footage like this showing a ROD and Insect in the same field of view and the distinctions are very apparent between the two when they are in motion.

This clip is from an official NASA broadcast of what look like RODS flying in all directions right outside the window of the International Space Station. I believe its around the time when Canada had that new robotic arm afixed to ISS. What has me in awe is when you realize that the majority of these RODS in this footage are asending from the Earth.

I believe RODS are REAL! Now, if we can just catch one of these buggers and get an official taxonomy of the species, we can then properly guage what these things really are!

edit on 12-7-2011 by wisafounder because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2011 by wisafounder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

They don't exist. It is an optical illusion made by the camera not being able to focus on the wing movements of birds, moths and other insects.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

This ROD video was recorded in Italy of 2009. What makes it so unique compared to other ROD videos that I have observed is that this particular clip capture a group of RODS flying in formation which is rare and you can clearly hear them fly by (*low pitched whistle sound) as they get closer to the camera and cut through the air; a first in RODS research. My Jaw literarly dropped the first time I heard this clip!
edit on 12-7-2011 by wisafounder because: Quotation and spelling adjustments.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wisafounder

Very interesting, wisafounder. How do you respond to the claims that rods represent already-known flying creatures flying close to the video camera?

What do you suppose a flying insect (say a moth or grasshopper) passing close in front of a video camera would look like on film? How do you explain the fact that no human operator of these cameras ever witnessed rods with their bare eyes, but only sees them on video footage after the fact?

<< 1   >>

join