It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrods or Skyfish? What do you guys think?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So i started looking into reports of Skyrods/Skyfish and came accross this. I really like Cryptozoology. Its an older vid but thoughtit might be interesting to some ppl out there. I did a search and i didnt find this vid here. Id like to see what my fellow ATS members thought about it.

www.liveleak.com...

Could someone please post the vid as i havent figured that part out yet. i noticed the vid has been chopped up a bit, but i think its just so we are not waiting forever to see them

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Wow, as far as I know, this must be a slow one, if they´re realy existing. S&F
edit on 18-6-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Wow, as far as I know, this must be a slow one, if they´re realy existing. S&F
edit on 18-6-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

well if you watch the time on the screen they really slow it down... cause as far as i know the human eye should not be able to pick them up cause they are so fast

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
maybe its the very rare corelation between the camera picture taking frequency and the speed of an insect.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Interesting...but probably something picked up by the wind as I noticed its a narrow passageway with a chainlink gate at one end...so my guess would be the dynamics of a breeze picking up some odd shaped piece of plastic...or some other light weight material. Although the thought of rods and such like things fascinate me I do not think that in this case...sorry.

Move along!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I thought of that too...when you see it flying by it looks like it has multiple sets of wings or something...maybe just moving so fast it seems like a Skyrod. Or maybe it is a Skyrod lol.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I believe rods have been debunked as an artifact of the shutter speed of certain cameras. They are basically motion blurs showing the bird/insect's flight path for the perid of time the shutter is open.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaiju

Yeah true, I wonder what insect that is though, that thing was movin'.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrimm
reply to post by Kaiju

Yeah true, I wonder what insect that is though, that thing was movin'.

ya it for sure had a biological movement to it

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
From what little of I've seen about skyrods and otherwise confetti looking aliens... still drunk from skepticism. Nothing has convinced me yet. Just a bunch of slowed down grainy videos that really any kid can make on a laptop. Just my 2 cents

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Monsterquest did a show on these. They had a normal camera, and a super high speed camera aimed at the same spot. Turns out it was bugs, you might be able to find the episode on youtube.

Here it is, enjoy

edit on Sat, 18 Jun 2011 11:14:13 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

i think that most rods are insects but some are a new type of life form we dont know about. check out this website roswellrods it has lots of videos and information on rods

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
Interesting...but probably something picked up by the wind as I noticed its a narrow passageway with a chainlink gate at one end...so my guess would be the dynamics of a breeze picking up some odd shaped piece of plastic...or some other light weight material. Although the thought of rods and such like things fascinate me I do not think that in this case...sorry.

Move along!

Cool story bro

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The Skyrods/Skyfish have always interested me... I can see how it could possibly be bugs, or some sort of camera anomily that creates them, BUT the thing that always interested me is the consistency between videos. They all seem to look relatively the same with very similar movements. Can you imagine if they are real!? Cool!
To further your thoughts, the following is a pretty rad vid relating to skyfish. To me, the best part is it was caught on a live broadcast with corporate cameras, check it:

Also, I found an obviously questionable, but interesting interview about a man actually holding one of these creatures in his hand...

Source (www.alien-earth.org...)

And here is a webpage with some cool info

www.xenophilia.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Right on...thanx for the info everyone...and yea i will have to watch that Monsterquest...its a good series but they NEVER find anything...id love to see one where they actually find what they are looking for.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The wing shape looks like a dragonfly..it would be neat if these were insects from another dimention flashing in and out of our reality..they would probably be moveing slowly in their world as that speed would require a huge amount of energy to maintain .The creature would have to eat constantly to maintain that speed with only the body mass of an insect.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Take a long-exposure shot of an insect flying by the camera- there's your "rod". If you doubt this, consider that there are tons of insects in the air all the time in most outdoor places where people are shooting video- what do you think they look like on camera when they're motion blurred?

If "rods" show up clearly on video like this, why on earth has nobody ever noticed them at all, ever, except after the invention of the video camera? Don't rods ever slow down, stop, rest somewhere? How fast would they actually have to travel in order to be "invisible to the naked eye?"

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

TKDRL just posted this... Thanks TKDRL! Please, please, please just watch the first 2 minutes of this youtube video. Just two minutes, it's all I ask.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

a feather blowing about? that is the first thought that crossed my mind, but as always i have no way of knowing for sure.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
maybe its the very rare corelation between the camera picture taking frequency and the speed of an insect.
If it's a bug or insect due to speed wouldn't you be able to see them when slowing down the video?

<<   2 >>

join