It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why go through all the trouble?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Let me start off by saying that I do not think there was a 9/11 conspiracy. If I were to believe any one of the numerous theories, I could possibly believe that the government knew of the attacks before hand and did nothing to stop it. But that would be about it.

But on to my question...if it was an inside job, why go through all the trouble of installing explosives, all the coordination it would require, the many people (and potential whistle blowers) to carry it out, etc.

Why not keep it simple and just fly jets into their targets? Even if the towers wouldn't have fell, that would have been enough to "justify" a military response.

A quick example: The reporter who announced that Building 7 fell, but was still visible in the back groud.
I've heard people saying that he was reading from a script, but accidentally read it too soon.

I just can't believe the government would go through that much trouble and pay attention to that much detail. They don't gain anything by it. The Risk/Reward just isn't there.

So, why go through all the trouble?

Again, I don't think there was a conspiracy, but open to the possibility. So, please, only educated responses. Try to convince me.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by canselmi

It's seems like you are blind..

A quick example: The reporter who announced that Building 7 fell, but was still visible in the back groud.
I've heard people saying that he was reading from a script, but accidentally read it too soon.

You don't find that odd or suspicious
edit on 17-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

FOLLOW THE MONEY!! Have you researched that 3.2 trillion dollars "went missing" with the collapse of the world trade center buildings??

Did you ever think that "blaming" Iraq, when the vice president owned an oil company would be the easiest way to infiltrate a country?? Cheney's company Halliburton got the bid for the oil in Iraq....Doesn't strike you as odd??

Daddy could never get into Iraq and George Jr. found a way in to finish what daddy started....

Again FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!

Also watch footage of building 7's collapse....No damage but falls at free fall speeds to the ground??? A little disturbing if you ask me....
edit on 6/17/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Because the PTB made tens of trillions!!! Whats the big deal if you had to rig two massive buildings and fire off a couple of missiles for a price tag of let's say 1 billion, when you know you can make almost unlimited money and gain unimaginable power

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

By all means, open my eyes.
I personally don't think I'm blind, but I'm not so stubborn as to deny the possiblity that I might be.

I do find it (any many other examples) suspicous. But I could just as easily believe that in all the chaos and with all the regular lines of communication clogged, that there was bound to be misinformation.We see it today in "breaking news stories".

edit on 17-6-2011 by canselmi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Good point... Now that every sheeples head is in the sand worrying about Al CIAda, trillions just walk out the door!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Because the Towers had to go down, planes have flown into buildings before, they needed something on the 'Grand Scale' that would be remembered for all time, they needed them to collapse

it needed to be an impact that people could relate to years later, think about this

9-11: A Plane Crashed into the buildings,

9-11: The Twin Towers Were Destroyed

which causes more 'Rage'?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Take this as devil's advocate rather than me stating my beliefs... maybe 911 was carried out with the active participation of a small number of officials from different government departments and/or agencies; and maybe they DID keep it as simple as you suggest, with the towers falling unexpectedly in a manner similar to that described by NIST.

Maybe they recruited other agencies (whether official or unofficial) to execute the plot, in the same way the US acted vicariously through NATO and its stay-behind armies in the 1980s during the 'strategy of tension' to terrorise Europe into rejecting Communism. It had all the right connections to carry out 911 in this way... read the detail of the US's proxy war with Russia in Operation Cyclone, for example.
edit on 17-6-2011 by coughymachine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I understand what you're saying. But if the point was to go to war for oil, the gov. wouldn't need something that would be remembered years down the road. They just needed something to "justify" going to war within days.

Maybe the problem is just that if I were the one who planned it, I would have kept it simple. It's just my nature.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by canselmi

I just can't believe the government would go through that much trouble and pay attention to that much detail. They don't gain anything by it. The Risk/Reward just isn't there.

How could you possibly think the reward isn't there? we have started 2 full wars, 4 covert wars (wars make LOTS of money) passed the patriot act, succeeded in demonizing anyone that questions government, justified the police state, robbed civil liberties and set the framework for a American dictatorship. That last point (the American dictatorship) IS the reward. TPTB have effectively dismantled they entire American republic under the cover of "patriotism", all they need now is the right person and the right disaster to bring the hammer down.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What makes a president more popular than other presidents in the eyes of the public? Getting the boogie man. What happens if you don't have a boogie man? You create one. Create the biggest and most devastating thing the American people could possibly imagine - an attack on our own soil and you will have 99% backing from them to attack any country on earth and protect all oil interests in the process. I'm just a housewife in Iowa and I could clearly see that NO plane flew into the Pentagon. On 9/11 while watching the news, I was saying to myself "sure doesn't look like a plane crash to me", even before any documentaries came out with conspiracy theories. I was hooked into the lies just like everybody else was. Don't think for a second that our government doesn't lie to us. Don't believe that our government doesn't kill American's to further their agenda. I has happened in the past, it did happen on 9/11 and it will continue to happen in the future at more and more alarming rates.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

How bout the fact that jet fuel doesn't get hot enough to melt steel. Or that traces of thermite were found in samples taken from the towers.

If you find many other things strange as you say how does not point to conspiracy..

link   
Additionally,

it was a perfect way to divide the world, the 'Truthers' were labeled 'Nut Jobs' and 'Crazy'

now it's the 'Truthers' Versus the 'Non-Truthers' Versus The 'Government,

i believe that they didn't care about all the discrepancies and evidence, just another way to discredit those that question the Government as 'Conspiracy Theorist Nut Jobs'

The Media attack on 'Truthers' was horrid, so now how much credit do we have? we merely mention a 'Conspiracy' and it's back to 'Nut Job'

They got everything they wanted that day,

link   

Just an fyi: if there were more than two planners or hijackers, it was a conspiracy.

CJ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by smkymcnugget420

I don't mean the reward of going to war. I realize that there is tons of money to be made. I specifically meant what reward is there to having a script for reporters to read? What do TPTB gain by that?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by canselmi
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I understand what you're saying. But if the point was to go to war for oil, the gov. wouldn't need something that would be remembered years down the road. They just needed something to "justify" going to war within days.

Maybe the problem is just that if I were the one who planned it, I would have kept it simple. It's just my nature.

it wasn't just for 'Oil', it was for a huge step towards a police state,

the patriot act was enlisted, and now 'Scanners' and 'Check Points' raiding into your Privacy, all for 'Freedom' and the war on 'Terror' amongst other such atrocities

'They' brought down the towers, 'They' desecrated New York and our 'Freedom' 'They' Destroyed a piece of 'America' so we 'Need' to attack them, we need to rid the world of terrorist so we can be 'Free' again

had a plane flew into the building, people could have gotten over it

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Your going to be fighting an uphill battle here with these people.

I agree, if anything, GW Bush and co simply overlooked clues and hints are what was coming. That was the extent of their negligence. And you make an excelent point. Why strap explosives to the building indeed when the airplanes alone would be more than enough justification? The buildings never needed to fall.

Bush and Cheney simply used what was given to them as justification to do what they wanted all along, attack Iraq. There is no conspiracy here.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

others posted mentioned "why" as oil & war. i think it was similar to Hitler bombing Poland and telling everyone Poland bombed Germany. an excuse to do as his government pleased. to usher in their era.

9/11 brought in the "oh noes terrorists what someone thinks of the children!" mentality that has America living under near-martial law conditions.

Just as Hitler gave people a target group to hate (Jews), our guv'mint gave Amerikans a common enemy to hate: permanently colored men with unattractive beards who were clothing much different from ours.

please wake up and smell the coffee. governments everywhere are horribly corrupt. there are severe psychological problems in people who live their lives to lord over others, who lust for power, and treat printed paper (money) as if it is as precious as a baby. read, read, read. look at the non-stop wars around the globe. human suffering, violent death, starvation, destruction, chaos --- these things mean nothing to those in charge. they are the very definition of sick, twisted evil.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591

How bout the fact that jet fuel doesn't get hot enough to melt steel.

How about the fact that steel doesn't have to melt for it to fail.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

please wake up and smell the coffee. governments everywhere are horribly corrupt.

Don't get me wrong, I sincerely believe our government is corrupt. And I see the 'benefits" (from the gov's eyes) of martial law and all of the other results of the attack. There is no denying that our government "benefitted" (in furthering their agenda) from 9/11.

I just don't believe they would go through the incomprehensible tediousness of planning the attack down to the details that some theories put forward.
And that was really the question I was trying to ask. Keeping with my previous example, why go through the trouble (and risk of being exposed) of preparing a script for reporters to read, when just letting reporters do their thing would have been sufficient?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join