It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

uk msm news reports another mystery hum, this time from a small village in england..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I might be booed off the thread, and I don't much blame you if you do, BUT.

I had the "hum" in my neck of the woods for two weeks straight. I couldn't pinpoint it anywhere, it was everywhere. I thought it was coming from the sky.

I finally called city hall lol, and they said it was those cicadas- locusts thingies. These were the ones that only surface every 17 years, they are only out for few weeks before they go back into the ground, and after a few more days, it stopped. Like flipping a switch.

However, no house trembling, or ground shaking, or anything like that. The sound was coming from a distance, or all around, but it didn't sound like insects. It sounded more mechanical. Very odd. But now I believe that's what it was.

There is another kind here that comes out every seven years, and you can see them, and they sound like insects. This last episode didn't.

Just sayin'.
edit on 6/11/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
apparently this is what one of the hums sound like, prove me if im wrong, put on a pair of headphones otherwise its too faint.
Th e Hum

edit on 11/6/11 by DesertedIsland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
apparently this is what one of the hums sound like, prove me if im wrong, put on a pair of headphones otherwise its too faint.
Th e Hum

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DesertedIsland
Th e Hum

Good find! it does sound similar to the Unsolved Mysteries hum - and it could be the Florida "rumble" if it was insanely louder

could they all be connected in that they're all electrical? the volume depending on the actual source, and people hearing the quieter ones are just more sensitive? I saw a source that said something about people in their 50's hearing it more often but I lost it (was it mentioned here?)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Listening to the 'rumble' hum from the above posts, the nearest thing I can come up with is a train with 30 'carts' filled with something heavy like coal. I'm from a mining area, and the midnight coal train used to cut its engines and coast past the town for a mile or so, down the valley. There'd be nothing else on the tracks at that time of night, so I guess they weren't too bothered about brakes. Apart from that, I'm stumped.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm not sure which hum you're referring to. Hear in the states it's being heard all over but this is a twenty or so rumble (similar to thunder). This is a continuous, ground shaking roar with weird flashes of light but not lightning. There are many videos of this accurance but here is one of them.

20 Minute Roar....
edit on 06/08/2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I know someone who owns alot of farmland within about 5mile of that place, maybe even closer and years ago he had crop circles...I'll be asking him if he's had any more recently

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Those tunnel boring machines certainly get around.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

Originally posted by DesertedIsland
Th e Hum

Good find! it does sound similar to the Unsolved Mysteries hum - and it could be the Florida "rumble" if it was insanely louder

could they all be connected in that they're all electrical? the volume depending on the actual source, and people hearing the quieter ones are just more sensitive? I saw a source that said something about people in their 50's hearing it more often but I lost it (was it mentioned here?)

They both sound pretty close to the hum noise.

At least now 'non-hearers' can listen to what we 'hearers' hear (um ... does that make sense?)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

This freaked me out a little when i see the title!
I have a friend who lives in Leighton Buzzard (southeast) UK and she called me up the other day to tell me everything in her flat was vibrating. She said she could also hear a very low rumbling type noise too. She checked outside as she said it was like it came from out there.

This has happened to her twice this week on and off. Very strange. I will be looking out for an update on this story. My friend said something i found of interest....could it be the Earths core or something within the Earth causing this phenomenon????

I guess we shall find out some time soon what it is.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DesertedIsland

very close to what i (we, missus as well) hear on a regular basis. on the north west coast of the uk. the hum i hear decays and repeats approx 20-30 second durations. it also has more oscillation whereas the link has a constant tone. initially i thought the source could be the construction of windfarms 10km off the coast and i have on occasion been on the beach and heard all types of noises from the windfarm. can't explain it but my peanuts are on sympathetic resonance in the earths crust. seems to be coming from deep down. imo of course.
f

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Looks like this might be getting even more MSM attention as it was also mentioned on the Time Magazine website.

Nobody can figure out that blasted noise. Known as “the hum,” the freaky noise hits the town of Woodland in County Durham every night. And, no, this isn't some lousy B-list horror flick plotline (although, it very well may turn into one). Every night for the past two months the noise resembling the hum of a car engine has seemingly moved through the air, flooding the entire town's population of 300 with the annoyingly undetectable sound. Sometimes it gets so strong it shakes beds. Sometimes it grows louder in different parts of the same home. But no matter how loud, it's entirely a mystery. Read more: newsfeed.time.com...

I feel for those poor people who have to endure this night after night!

<< 1   >>

join