It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

uk msm news reports another mystery hum, this time from a small village in england..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Just found this article from the telegraph.. seems interesting, the mystery hum returns..

Now a tiny English village is the latest community to claim to be being hit by the phenomenon known as "the hum". Residents of Woodland, in County Durham, claim that every night a noise permeates the air similar to the throb of a car engine. It is sometimes so strong that it even shakes the bed of one of the householders.

But no matter how hard they look, the community cannot find the source of the problem and, at their wits end, have called in the council to investigate.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec8e16f871a1.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ba1a5201834.jpg[/atsimg]
for full article, please follow link...
Telegraph
edit on 11/6/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/6/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Very nice find and very odd, i hope the councils report is posted online even if the cause is something natural or even never found. Seen a few threads on ATS about the same sort of hum. To coincidental to be something natural, i know everyones thinking it - harp.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
wow, this is something new to me, very interesting, cant wait till an update

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
nice find s+f
this hum keeps poping up. i live in grimsby (uk) and its been in our local paper a few times now aswell.... its a world wide thing as well. some ppl have even killed them selfs over it. very very strange.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Reminds me of the movie that has been playing here on cable, called The Signal.

People are invaded and completely brainwashed by a signal coming through the TV's and radios.

The signal causes them to do very very extreme things, such as beat the crap out of strangers, murder them, hallucinate, etc.

I hope that isn't what this is! Though movie themes have preceded some real life events in the past... if this is the case, then everyone needs to start taking their Zombie Apocolypse strategy seriously.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

We heard a veeery loud rumbling type noise in Fife Scotland last night from 2.40am to 3.15am. It went fainter for afew mins then increased again and ended abruptly. Aslo mentioned this on the old post about strange noise in Edinburgh it was the same noise recorded there but extremely loud.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

better get world war z and the zombie survival guide read then, lol. i havnt heard it myself as yet. i did read that women hear it more then man and also ppl over a certain age.
which could make sense... the uk did have(or still got. i heard the tool them down due tho " himan rights") something called the mosquito.. link below..
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I think people are beginning to confuse two separate entities. The first is the classic "hum" which dates back decades at the very least [1], the second is the very loud rumble which seems to have come to prominence over the last year or so, which sounds more akin to a never-ending peal of thunder [2].

I think it's really important that this distinction is maintained, although comparisons can and should be drawn.

Shall we call one "The Hum" as it is now, and the other "The Rumble"?

edit on 11-6-2011 by Goathief because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

yeah my bad... i was on about the 1st hum. i do realse the "2nd" is more of a rumble.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
interesting site --> SITE

One of the main peculiarities of the Hum, is that although a few young people hear it most are aged 50+ which means a continuous stream of people hearing it for the first time, also, there is by nature, an equal number of people who pass on, most of the original Bristol Hum protestors are by now dead.

This fact is a great advantage to the authorities, for as the percentage of Hum sufferers appears to be constant, the number of protestors is also constant. As each sufferer comes on stream, they all go through the same procedure, first looking for a noise, then contacting the local authorities and the media, eventually they reach the government who have a prepared series of stock answers.

This procedure takes on average between 5 to 10 years by which time the protestor is either dead or completely exhausted.

^ from the history of the hum :O
edit on 11/6/11 by DesertedIsland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
When this hum happens people need to starting record as much of it as they can. Maybe by comparing all the samples form all over the world we can get more of an idea of what is going on. A hum web site and data base needs set up to complie all the recordings and data in one place.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DesertedIsland
interesting site --> SITE

One of the main peculiarities of the Hum, is that although a few young people hear it most are aged 50+ which means a continuous stream of people hearing it for the first time, also, there is by nature, an equal number of people who pass on, most of the original Bristol Hum protestors are by now dead.

This fact is a great advantage to the authorities, for as the percentage of Hum sufferers appears to be constant, the number of protestors is also constant. As each sufferer comes on stream, they all go through the same procedure, first looking for a noise, then contacting the local authorities and the media, eventually they reach the government who have a prepared series of stock answers.

This procedure takes on average between 5 to 10 years by which time the protestor is either dead or completely exhausted.

^ from the history of the hum :O

interesting... i wonder if its an age thing then.. i know our hearing changes over time, we hear higher pitch sounds when were younger which cant be heard after a certain age..

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What i dont get is sometimes i have seen it reported someone can hear the hum but another stood next to them cant.
It would be interesting to know how many of these residents can hear this hum. A good investagation needs to be done there now!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
...I'm in Durham so I'm very interested to hear this...article that is lol

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Knackered electric junction box. Street lights hum too, can seem noisier in the night as there's no other noises blocking it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Reminds me of the movie that has been playing here on cable, called The Signal.

That was a great movie!

on topic, I agree with fixer1967

can we get a recording up in here?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled2011
...I'm in Durham so I'm very interested to hear this...article that is lol

Should really add to this that a month or 2 ago me and my wife followed a strange moon/planet/star/ufo/other? which we followed for about 15-45mins and it disappeard in front of our very eyes...my wife doesn't really talk about it and the people i've told don't want to know haha...I've been telling my mother who drives through woodland (the place in the article) everday, about my strange experiences this year and how I honestly believe we will hear and especially see something around sept/oct this year and by the end of the year, people would dismiss it but by the end of the year, going into next year I believe people will realise something big is happening and its gonna change us all forever, but I believe its for the good of us all........of course I could have just read too much stuff recently haha

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is a very interesting topic. I have been looking into possibilities.
Found a forum discussing it saying;

Scientists investigating a strange humming sound in the New Zealand city of Auckland believe they have pinpointed the frequency. The source of the noise, however, remains a mystery. According to Dr Tom Moir, a computer engineer at Massey University's Institute of Information and Mathematical Sciences, the low level drone is almost certainly hitting the scales at a frequency of 56hz.

THE HUM: Microwave Hearing: Evidence for Thermoacoustic Auditory Stimulation by Pulsed Microwaves

I have also looked into the possibility of Tinnitus but that cant explain why groups of people hear it at the same time.

Tinnitus

This is what i guess the hum sounds like..

Taos Hum
edit on 11-6-2011 by jonobot654 because: added video link

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonobot654
What i dont get is sometimes i have seen it reported someone can hear the hum but another stood next to them cant.
It would be interesting to know how many of these residents can hear this hum. A good investagation needs to be done there now!

I live in Nottingham and I have been hearing this hum since december 2010. I am 53. I hear it indoors, I hear it outside, I hear it 24/7. I have gone round my house switching electric sockets off to see if it is that, but the hum is still there. I do not know what it is.

I have just turned down the sound on my tv, and I can hear it even now.

You are right when you say that people stood next to the hearer cannot hear it, my daughter has been in the same room as me but she cannot hear a thing, so I don't see how it can be recorded.

I wonder why some are hearing it and others aren't

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hum type 3?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join