It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Kill a Human Being

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Horizon - Former Conservative MP, Michael Portillo pushes his body to the brink of death in an investigation into the science of execution. As the American Supreme Court examines whether the lethal injection is causing prisoners to die in unnecessary pain Michael sets out to find a solution which is fundamentally humane. To do so he examines the key methods of execution available today: he discovers why convicts can catch on fire in the electric chair, learns how easy it is to botch a hanging and inhales a noxious gas to experience first hand the terror of the gas chamber. Armed with some startling evidence Michael considers a completely new approach. Will it be the answer? There is only one way of finding out - to experience it himself.

Google Video Link

Very interesting video!
Yes, I know it is a bit long (I hate posting long videos) but worth looking at.

I am a strong advocate for the death penalty and honestly for some of the atrocities people commit, I think the USA is a little lax in there methods.
Hammurabi's law, eye for an eye, may not always apply but I feel if you take a life, you forfeit your own.

Anyway, I never understood what the debate is all about when choosing a suitable execution method.
For you pacifists they should use a lethal injection of heroin, I mean people do it themselves all the time!
And for my antagonistic brothers and sisters maybe public burning at the stake. . . you know the kind where they put the wood in a circle around you and let you roast to death first!
What do you think. . .

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What about boring them to death?
Have them read an Elenin thread, this should do it.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

People who advocate the death penalty are usually the ones that would be shaking with fear if they were given the opportunity to kill the person if he/she were tied up in chains.

I advocate the death penalty if the victim's relatives/loved ones are the ones doing the killing. Blood is on their hands, not others.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I like beheading by guillotine. As long as you use a heavy enough blade with enough force to make CERTAIN that the head is severed cleanly it should actually be a totally painless death. Sure you're conscious for a few seconds afterward but it's short lived.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

That is beyond cruel and if it doesn't work they always have Nibiru posts

reply to post by Somehumanbeing

You haven't seen some of my friends then.

I have no problem with taking a life if my life or my kids lives are threatened.
If someone wanted to hire me to personally pull the switch for death row inmates, I may just volunteer!

reply to post by MJZoo

I built a working guillotine on summer break 10 years ago, very affective though a bit archaic.
We used it as a picnic table for years!
edit on 6/6/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Give them a gun, a lethal injection needle, and stick them in a human sized trash compactor and turn it on... I'm pro choice.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It's always a tough question.

I go back and forth on this issue. I agree with the Death Penalty for extreme cases but the problem arises that many have been put to death that were later found to be innocent.

Even today, people are getting released with DNA evidence that wasn't available when they were sentenced to death. Barely escaping a wrongful execution.

So executing an innocent person would weigh heavily on me and should also weigh heavily on a Nation. If there is a chance that innocent people are at risk of being put to death, should it continue?

I don't think so.

edit on 6-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here here for archaic institutions that incite more violence and anger within a given social structure!

Seriously, The US needs to catch up with the rest of the civilised world and stop this barbaric form of punishment.

Perhaps if there were less Black Americans in the prison system for holding a gram of weed then you could afford to imprison violent offenders for life and end this debate once and for all.

Americans supporting the death penalty is roughly similar to a Middle Eastern Jihadist preaching death to the West before hopping in his Toyota Landcruiser. Hypocrisy at it's most vile.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I saw this when it was first aired on UK TV. I thought Portillo did a good job, and the helium or nitrogen method of inducing annoxia is the way I shall choose when the time comes. I know that at some point I will end up unable to cope with the pain anymore, probably when the rampant cancer that is the inevitable end result of my condition shows up, It is extremely comforting to know that the option is there to pass on in a stressless, peaceful way.

Ironically it means that I'm less likely to use that option, knowing it is there. I feel I can cope with more once the worry about the manner of death has been removed.

I started to drown when I was 19 (in the early nineties) and was rescued by my brother, but I found it a very peaceful, beautiful experience, so the fear of death in and of itself left me then. Lying in a hospital bed as the very last dregs of a life cease clinging to a pain-wracked shell, impaled by tubes and be-fogged by a cloud of opiates; that's what scares me.

link   
If it were me, I would want to die by marijuana overdose. All you do is keep smoking until you die. Plus it would be good for science to know what the point of no return is when smoking the herb.

link   
what about forgiving those that trespass against you..
Its that one person that was actually innocent and died because of a botched investigation that makes the death penalty wrong.
Colossians 3:13
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you

Luke 6:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Matthew 6:14-16
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
and so on...
love and light..

link   
reply to post by jude11

I go back and forth on this issue. I agree with the Death Penalty for extreme cases but the problem arises that many have been put to death that were later found to be innocent.

That does put a damper on this whole issue doesn't it!

reply to post by ThirdEyeOpen42

I hope nothing ever happens to you or someone you know that will change your mind.

reply to post by Karilla

Hang in there don't give up until you have no choice. Good luck to you!

reply to post by sprocket2cog

The universe is very unforgiving and for murder so am I.
edit on 6/6/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I am a strong advocate for the death penalty and honestly for some of the atrocities people commit, I think the USA is a little lax in there methods. Hammurabi's law, eye for an eye, may not always apply but I feel if you take a life, you forfeit your own.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
Mahatma Gandhi.
Indian political and spiritual leader (1869 - 1948)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
Mahatma Gandhi.
Indian political and spiritual leader (1869 - 1948)

On that subject, the most inspiring interview I have ever heard was on the BBC world service. A South African mother who had lost three children to a white mob (This was a while back). She wouldn't hear of punishment. She did want to know what had happened to these boys to make them kill so easily, she wept but still forgave them. She simply could not see how making them suffer would lessen her suffering one bit. Violence is cyclical.

Inspiring, as I say, but incredibly hard to live by. I lost my wife last year, and there are many people who bear at least partial responsibility for her death. I have found it extremely hard not to seek vengeance. I have resisted, but it has been amongst the hardest things I have ever had to resist.

Personal vengeance I understand, but when the State takes vengeance, for that is what the death penalty constitutes, it dehumanises that state. For a state that was at least nominally built upon Christian morality, I find it hard to understand.

Is it "An eye for an eye", or "'Vengeance is mine', sayeth the Lord."?
edit on 6-6-2011 by Karilla because: To add: Thankyou, AnteBellum.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Would you like to be killed? No, so do not do it to others. Living with what you have done is a fitting punishment, seperating them from society permanently is acceptable.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
none of us have the right to kill anybody else for whatever reason. those that do will be brought back here after death to learn from their mistakes.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxNormal

Some people don't really care that they kill other people, especially if they've done it on multiple occasions. There were a few gang rapes here in Australia by a gang of muslims. None of them showed any remorse.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Capital punishment is a heinous, primitive, inhumane, and barbarous practice.

The United States is the only first world, civilized democratic society that still maintains the death penalty. Capital punishment is abolished in Europe save for Belarus and Latvia (what great company), and it was even deemed unconstitutional in Turkey. However, when it comes to the use of the death penalty, the United States has some pretty shady company, such as Communist China, Russia (who employs the death penalty in limited circumstances) most of Africa, and the vast majority of Middle Eastern countries. This fact is shameful and embarrassing; the fact that we share any similarity to such deviant nations should be a cause for disgrace.

Abolish the death penalty.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Judge_Holden

Until we have this technology, I will disagree!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc00c954d91e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelangelo

it's never been done before nobody has ever died. not even bruce lee.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join