It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Outrageous! Women Forced to Wear Skirts for "The Bottom Line"...In PRO SPORTS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The problem with things like this is women. Mens sports are more popular than womens because a much larger percentage of men watch other men play sports as opposed to women watching other woman. Also men watch women more that other women do.

This is why the sexuality is being flaunted to bring in a larger male audiance because it is felt that they can't make women care any more than they already do.

So women if you really care about things like this go out and support other women. Watch them on T.V buy tickets and all the stuff me do for other Male athleats and you will be taken seriously.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

With the new directive set to come into force on June 1, even players are torn. The rule says skirts or dresses must be worn, even if they are over the top of shorts or trousers.
www.emirates247.com...

Whats outrageous should be toward the thread title.

So OP if the women who choose not to wear shorts or trousers under their skirt(which you left out?),would you think they`re outrageously sluty? or are you cool with it?

All I can see is they have to wear a standard uniform like all sports.

Are you equally outraged that males in sport dont have the option to wear a skirt if they wanted over their shorts? who knows some of them might like to,they may think it a bit unfair to them dont ya think?

If its not equal then isn`t sexist?

edit on 29-5-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Search Google for TENNIS UPSKIRTS to see just how POPULAR that term is!

A few years back they actually printed ADVERTISING on the Netball girl's pants downunder. Created a bit of controversy so ended up being scratched.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
That was kind of mean spirited. Badmitton, I would imagine, might be a sport where women could dominate? I have no idea.

My comments may at first come across as mean-spirited or churlish, but I like to think that I'm pretty honest in all the points I make on ATS, and I have no intention of sugar-coating facts in an attempt to portray a false, touchy-feely version of the real-world.

You are making a mistake in thinking that women are on a more equal footing in badminton because it looks less physically exerting on the TV than many other sports. Of course, patting the very lightweight shuttlecock over the net to start play looks like a great equaliser between the sexes. However, the physical endurance, strength and agility required to successfully play the game makes women, like in all other sports, very much inferior to the male players.

For a start, the shuttlecock is very light and strangely shaped ( as opposed to a ball ). The aerodynamics of the shuttlecock uniquely change with the pace of every shot and which way the ''feathers'' are hanging in the air conditions.

This is why badminton is one of the most tiring sports to play; it looks like the ''cock'' is going to come right on to your racket, only for it to hover and float in the air before you have to dash and desperately attempt to flick it back over the net. Repeat on just about every point, and people should appreciate the physical skill and stamina levels that are required just to compete in this sport.

In addition, you also need to have a lot of power to play the shots, because if you don't connect with the pointy cap of the shuttlecock too strongly, then your shot is not going to be too dangerous...

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Your analogy of tennis is right on but it isn't an issue of popularity. In your example, by definition, womens sports are inferior to me; a couple of short shorts is going to change that? Who gets all randy watching womens volley ball? They look like what they are: athletes.

CJ

Of course it's an issue of popularity.

If we talk in objective sporting terms, then there is absolutely no reason why women's sport would be promoted, televised or overly advertised.

Women offer up a 10th-rate version of every individual sport on offer, and the poor quality of their talent is even more pronounced in team sports.

I'm a reasonably consistent amateur track and field athlete, albeit of modest ability. Yet, the fastest time I've been clocked over 100 metres is 11.6 seconds. That is only 1/10th of a second slower than the last placed athletes in the women's 100 metre Olympic semi-finals !

There are hundreds, probably thousands, of British men who can run the 100 metres quicker than I can, yet there are only less than 100 women in the whole world who can officially clock a faster time...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
Search Google for TENNIS UPSKIRTS to see just how POPULAR that term is!

A few years back they actually printed ADVERTISING on the Netball girl's pants downunder. Created a bit of controversy so ended up being scratched.

Yeah but you can find anything like that on the internet. If I searched "Electric guitar in the shower nude" I'd probably get thousands of results.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Who cares. Look at tennis. Look at beach volleyball. Look at track & field. Look at swimming. Look at diving. Like it or not, one reason some fans tune in is the athletic bodies of the athletes they're watching.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Actually you'd get: ZERO!

No results found for term "Electric guitar in the shower nude".

About 185,000 results (0.03 seconds) for term "Tennis upskirts"

Try again...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

monkey playing with himself ×

About 28,500,000 results (0.13 seconds)

oh the anamality!

i think his point is you can find pretty much anything on the nets
try again?

edit: oh and....

Women Playing Electric Guitar in the Shower [as seen on/created by ...
Aug 20, 2007 ... Rivulets of water run down her chest, the smooth body of the guitar firm against her hips. She twangs the E-string and it shakes off tiny ...
digg.com/.../Women_Playing_Electric_Guitar_in_the_Shower_as_seen_on_created_by_xkcd - Cached

see you can find it. just worded differently. No quotes
edit on 5/30/2011 by Boston1023 because: one-up

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
Yeah but you can find anything like that on the internet. If I searched "Electric guitar in the shower nude" I'd probably get thousands of results.

Yeah, but try searching for female tennis players' ''upskirt shots'' compared to male tennis players' ''upshort shots'', and I think you'll be sorely disappointed.

The fact of the matter is that women's tennis is only ''big'' due to the sex appeal of some of the players.

Why do so many people want to blatantly deny this obvious fact ?!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
Who cares. Look at tennis. Look at beach volleyball. Look at track & field. Look at swimming. Look at diving. Like it or not, one reason some fans tune in is the athletic bodies of the athletes they're watching.

Yes, but in tennis, you've got cracking players such as Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic.

Track and field, you've got great athletes like Usain Bolt, Kenenisa Bekele and Jeremy Wariner.

In swimming, you've got Cesar Cielo, Ryan Lochte and Alain Bernard.

Diving and beach volleyball, also with the top men setting the standard in all forms of international competition.

The one reason that casual fans tune in to women's sports is to check out the pulchritude of the ''athletes'' that are participating !

Let's not confuse genuine sport with the 8th-rate women's version which sometimes runs parallel to the serious competition.

edit on 30-5-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Few bothered to actually read the article,

"China, Indonesia and India are among a host of countries who have raised fierce objections, while in Malaysia, the opposition Pan-Malaysia Islamic Party (PAS) called for a boycott of tournaments"

It is the management of the league in Kuala Lumpur that is pushing the skirt requirement.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
reply to post by Nosred

Actually you'd get: ZERO!

No results found for term "Electric guitar in the shower nude".

About 185,000 results (0.03 seconds) for term "Tennis upskirts"

Try again...

*ahem* Search just 'Electric guitar in shower' on Google and there will be 4,390,000 results with the first couple all be nude.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Boston1023

Look closely Boston...I mentioned the search TERM, where you and Nosered just did a general search for ALL the words contained.

Sure you're going to pull up MILLIONS of pages is you don't know how to search for a specific "term", as ALL the words used will pull results.

Try again entering "SEARCH WORDS" and you'll actually get ONLY pages that contain the TERM.

Hope that clears it up for you.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Just incase I didn't make it CLEAR...

To get ACCURATE search results for a 'search term', you need to surround the words with "DOUBLE QUOTES".

Geez, you guys must have a hard time actually FINDING stuff you are actually looking for (unless doing one word searches)!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Alright then, that's 2,350,000 with "Electric guitar in the shower". Happy?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Hah hah...you left off the NUDE which was part of the term discussed...huge difference as there are NO pages on the Internet that contain that "term".

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The very first website that comes up is about nude people playing the electric guitar in the shower. In fact almost everything on the first page has 'nude' in it somewhere.

Seriously, who wears clothes in the shower? It's kind of implied by the 'shower' part that they're nude.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

you do know you can get the same meaning flipping words around right?

you do know flipping words around can get you the same meaning right?

even omitting some words will get you the same things too.

geeze, I thought you'd know that.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Personally, the fact that they're forcing a woman to wear a feminine style of attire is indeed sexist, especially if it's skirts.

Let the ladies cover themselves up if they want! Stop using them for your marketting and personal gain.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by codenameotacon89
Stop using them for your marketting and personal gain.

What exactly do you think professional sports are about? The sport?

It is all about marketing and gain...if it stops making money, it stops being a professional sport.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join