It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Outrageous! Women Forced to Wear Skirts for "The Bottom Line"...In PRO SPORTS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
See, the great thing about this is that someone here on ATS is an international badmitton fan, I am certain.
I must admit, after my highschool badmitton/archery class I have not thought about it, but man could you smash those cock-shuttles! Regardless, another obviously sexist move. Why are we so pathetic?

At a showdown in the Chinese seaside city of Qingdao, badminton's chiefs will attempt to convince doubtful associations that a new ruling forcing women players to wear skirts or dresses is not sexist, but a smart marketing tool.

Whaaaa?

Get Your Panties On!

ColoradoJens

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It's time the women decide to stop shaving and start putting on the pounds. Then see how smart of a 'marketing move' it was.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I believe that female sports players should be allowed to cover themselves as much as they want.

But if they want to show off their fantastic bodies, I'm not complaining either!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Get your panties out!

I love that!

I don't understand this skirts for women stuff, but not for men.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The fact is...this IS marketing.

It is just marketing to the lowest common denominator. How much use are cheerleaders at an NFL game if they were not looking hot and wearing skimpy little skirts?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Well with all things being equal...

The male players should wear skirts too.

Just think of all the attention the sport would get !

It's a great marketing ploy.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The only thing outrageous about this is that they aren't required to wear G-STRINGS!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
The only thing outrageous about this is that they aren't required to wear G-STRINGS!

Yup, the men should wear g-strings too.

And if some unmentionable parts accidentally get exposed... well, it's all in the spirit of promoting sport for all enthusiasts alike, don't you think ?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
so basically, they will make more money if its a "spectator" sport? whats next? full nude because it sells better? this saddens me. the vanity of humans is inversely proportionate to the desired length of skirt.

the math on that equals about infinity.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Not many people watch women play sports. The only one I watch every now and then is tennis because the women there have some great skills. Only reason I and most any guys would watch sports when women are playing is to check them out, like volleyball :-) If women were as dominant at sports as men then they wouldn't have to worry about wearing less to draw in the crowds. Sex sells and that's that. Oh and soccer doesn't count. That sport sucks no matter who is playing it :-p

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Co-ed Naked Volley ball. Then everyone is happy accept the players themselves...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1

Yup, the men should wear g-strings too.

And if some unmentionable parts accidentally get exposed... well, it's all in the spirit of promoting sport for all enthusiasts alike, don't you think ?

That is just plain silly. What is the difference between women wearing skirts with full bottoms underneath, much like cheerleaders do, and say men who have to wear uniforms of another type?

Let us face facts.... Badmitton is not a "sport" that is exactly drawing huge crowds now is it? If you would actually like to see this "sport" take off, you HAVE TO find a way to draw crowds. I highly doubt you will be able to create a marketable sport out of badmitton in any other way. It is not exactly the most athletic sport in the world. Even legitimate sports like say, Soccer, has a very tough time drawing crowds in North America. It just does not share the same popularity of American Football, Basketball, or even Baseball.

The way I see it, these women can do something to advance the acceptance of their sport and allow it to grow, or they can complain and find another job.

Again I have to ask..what is the big deal? I do not see anyone screaming how sexist it is for cheerleaders to wear what they are required to wear in order to perform. On top of that, let us call a spade a spade, no one is paying for stadium seating at an NFL game to see the cheerleaders. They are nothing more than eye candy at best.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I was at a bar & grill just yesterday and they had women’s tennis on. I remarked to another patron that these two competitors basically had lingerie on. He said, “I don’t mind at all”, with a smile on his face. They were a pair of cuties and as a guy, I don’t really mind either. I’m not sure I would watch nude tennis, as it leaves nothing to the imagination.

I don't think I would even give a glance if they were dressed in snowmobile suits.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Hah. It took them this long to figure out that sex sells?

Hands up if you find it interesting that a former communist nation is changing sports rules with the help of MARKETING to bring in more PROFIT.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CN1018

haha... but chinese people are pretty much hairless.... and a few extra pounds... i don't think guys really care this day and age... and if they gain too much they probably wouldn't make the pros.... haha so i think they're gonna win on this move.... but either way you won't catch me watching professional badminton... well maybe for a few seconds during the olympics haha

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Boston1023

Oh and soccer doesn't count. That sport sucks no matter who is playing it :-p

ok the marketable talent in the US does suck well non existence.... but real soccer stars are phenomenal and famous world wide... countries post pone wars for the game... no other sport has that much power over people.. haha... but i don't watch it either unless it's the world cup...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It is China, this is not surprising. Women are treated horrible in that country, the human rights abuses are legion. I wonder what the penalty is for refusing.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Outrageous, Women, Forced, Skirts, Panties, ummm... did I click the right link?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I have to agree with you that I don't support a double standard. I think it should be a choice best left to the athletes that are playing the sport, and not the dirty old men watching it. If you ask me, I would imagine making females wear skirts as hindering their ability to play.

Some females would probably feel rather self conscious running and jumping around with a little piece of fabric covering them. I'm sure there's always that bunch that doesn't care about it, but I still personally believe it should be an optional choice.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
On a side note, I bet if you forced everyone in the world to wake up every morning and put on a pare of silk panties, there would be no more wars.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join