It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police goes brutal on a guy, crowd gets angry and beat the hell out of cops

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Why are people so eager to see police officers hurt or injured? They work a nasty, dirty job for very low wages?

Looking at it as a "nasty, dirty job" is part of the problem. That sounds a lot like you mean dealing with "nasty, dirty" people, right? And let me guess... that belittlement and those derogatory remarks towards others, translates into you not really giving a crap if they are beaten or falsely thrown into jail or anything else, because after all it's a "nasty, dirty job."

Originally posted by maluminse
Thomas Jefferson said "At some point an overreaching administration is corrected by the seditious."

These officers put everyone in danger by acting without a cool head.

The good cops right next to the bad cops were likely beaten. WHY? Because bad cops put all cops in danger. They put the safety of the whole freaking stadium at risk. They caused the riot.

Exactly.

edit on 26-5-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It is Very good to see Police who Brutalize out of control getting what they Deserve..

On a differnt Note 2 wrongs Do Make a right When used in the right way..

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I don't know where you see anyone motioning for the guy to stop prodding him with the baton. I also don't know where any of you can make a judgement about being a loved one, etc. The guy broke the law, sure I wouldn't want to see ANYONE get beat cops or civilians but I just don't see police brutality in this case. The man could have had a knife for all they knew or wanted to assault the soccer player he was running towards. That's why they're there. To make sure stuff like that DOESN'T happen. I'm sure the soccer fans didn't want to see this happen, I'm also sure plenty of them probably didn't want to witness the law being broken when a group of police officers were assaulted.

I watch a lot of these police brutality videos, and a lot of times I'm right there with everyone outraged at what the police are doing, especially the ones where they clearly stamp on people's rights, but this seems to be blown out of proportion. They're not infringing on his rights, they are subduing him and trying to cuff him and get him off the field as soon as possible. I'm sure they weren't jabbing him in public at risk of their safety for fun, hell the fact that he STILL wasn't cuffed when he ran off shows that he resisted arrest, or else he'd be cuffed.

The fact that most of you refer to cops as pigs just shows how biased you are on the subject. There are good ones and bad ones, just like any other group of humans on the planet.

Off-topic: Also @ whoever mentioned my name (can't remember who it was) It's a reference to "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king." I was going to go with PuppetStrings but I think it was taken.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

To be honest here, Soccer Fans are known for their violence. How many have died at Soccer games? Pot meet Kettle.

Any Cop at a Soccer game that is not nervous would be not to bright.

A better thread might be why do Soccer Fans act the way they do? Are they all brain damaged?

The Cop Hater crowd is growing a little to large here at ATS. I hate to see this tarnish all of us because of people who hate Cops because they have constant run ins with the law, unlike the vast majority of us who never have an issue with the law. Nobody is being fooled by this. You have constant problems with Cops, you do something to cause it. That much is apparent.

I was like that when I was young, stupid and full of hormones. I grew up. Some never do and that's why we need the Police; for those who never grow up and turn into thugs and criminals. Sad, but very true.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It has been said earlier but I'll say it again: beating the # out of cops will not stop violence. It will only breed more violence and hatred.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Typical left-leaning Euro trash responses in here. One of these days when one of you pinkos is getting mugged or raped in an alley, you'll wish these cops were there to lay down some lumber on the animals attacking you.

Here's a very easy formula to follow. It's even easy enough for an anti-establishment commie like you to decipher:

-Don't run from the cops and you won't get beaten.
-Don't run onto the field during a sporting event and you won't get beaten
-Don't try to beat up cops and you won't get beaten.

And the most important of all:

-Be a good citizen and you won't get beaten.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

Good point

And I guess that's why I'm not in law enforcement.

In dealing with thousands of excitable people, it's not an easy job and in watching that video yes you are right that one security guard did endanger the others by not subduing the trespasser more efficiently.

Soccer particularly has got to be hard to manage. I love soccer and while I'm normally a quiet, sit in your seat kind of gal, even I was yelling at the soccer games I've been too.

Love soccer, wish it would catch on here in the States........just a thrilling game.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
These are no police, just some private security company, with probably no special training of any sort.
And i can totally understand why they would beat him up, some of these retarded "fans" are just asking for it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Got to love Europe, or S America. Not sure which it is.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Bad ideas happen all the time dont they?

Bad idea 1 = run out into a secure area past police carrying something,(cute but bad idea).
Bad idea 2= in a stadium full of passionate fans punch and hit with a baton another passionate fan in the head.
Bad idea 3= as the pissed off player runs to stop the abuse, have another policia run him down and get to manhandling him as well.

Securing the 'fan' never had to come to sticking him in the head, or punching him, my gawd there's 4 of you, strap him and carry him off if need be.

It's this quick escalation to 'justifiable' assault level force that's causing this stuff.
It's a shame really it is, that these minimal offense displays receive maximum applied force.

Seems like they hunger for battlefield hand to hand engagements but want the safety of engaging the unarmed or harmless.
(like being a bully but a group of bullies, their power grows as does their madness.)
2 wrongs surely dont make a right, but seriously, the 1st wrong was running on the field, the 2nd wrong was jacking the happy little fans head up.
I hope he got away.

edit on 26-5-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
If this took place in a western country, especially America - the police would open fire almost immediately and everyone would go jelly...

I think Switzerland is a western country, as well as Portugal, so that means that those involved were from western countries.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tekulve
Typical left-leaning Euro trash responses in here. One of these days when one of you pinkos is getting mugged or raped in an alley, you'll wish these cops were there to lay down some lumber on the animals attacking you.

Unless of course its a cop raping you....

Nothing I say or anyone says to you will shed light on the reality that cops are not super heros. At Kmart there are employees who steal and will be fired. At Bank of America there are employees who embezzle and will get fired. At the Chicago police there are police who abuse their powers and should be fired.

Your utopia is more pinko than you can imagine. Utopias do not exist. We must always be vigilant for those in our society who break the law. B/c you wear a blue shirt does not make you beyond that human condition.
edit on 26-5-2011 by maluminse because: typo

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
United we stand, divided we fall. This video is to prove that people run the law. Peoples weakness is other people. We the people can beat anything.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
United we stand, divided we fall. This video is to prove that people run the law. Peoples weakness is other people. We the people can beat anything.

Nice!

"We the People". Love it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thank you to those that posted comments to my earlier post....whether they were posted positively or negatively. I like to be open-minded and see things from other viewpoints.

Just to clarify, i was making the point of not trusting the public in jest and as an example of putting up a mirror to those that don't trust the police. I took an oath when i joined and it is one which my conscience rules over. I love my job for the challenge it gives me, physically, mentally and spiritually. I have been fortunate to help people through some very difficult times, cot deaths and lots of other personal tragedys. Using force on people is a tiny proportion of my work and always a last resort.

I fully accept there are bad people in the job, there are bad people in every job i would expect. I have no time for these 'bad apples' and have previously reported a colleague for what i believed was excessive force. My point is that i will be a member of the public in a few years time, i don't want bad officers in the job either. We are taught methods of restraint and use of force, some of which i am not comfortable about and refuse to do. We are allowed 'pre-emptive strikes' when we are threatened. I won't do it because all a video would show is me punching someone.....not the sound of that individual who had just threatened to rip my head off.

I'm no coward, but i would rather spend 20 minutes talking an irate person down sothat they come in quietely than go in with all guns blazing. You will probably find the police self-defence instructors wouldn't be happy...the officers in the first video would probably receive their backing in what they did. Perception is an issue and the emphasis is on robustness to prevent injury to officers. I recall the video of that marine shooting someone who looke half-dead in a building in Iraq. His justification was he could have set off explosives....was he right or wrong to do what he did? To some it was over the top and murderous...to others totally justified.

The Officers i know and respect will be like me, we are not agents of the New World Order. i would not enforce any law that goes against the conscience of my spiritual belief. If anything, i would be there to protect you against that oppression you fear. I have a young son and i pray that he does not end up being in the police like me, i want a better life for him. He is going to be a member of the public so why would i want a 'police state' or anything similar?

I will be walking the town tomorrow night and if its anything like normal, i will get a few drunken people shaking my hand and apologising for all the trouble they caused me in the past. I treat people fairly and a number have said they will never let me get a kicking if they are around. Some of the younger officers do need to learn people skills, i grant you that. I was lucky to have been taught y a good officer and i thank him for that.

The frustrating part is that i am tarred with the bad actions of others just because we share the same occupation, i wanted to convey that members of the public aren't tarred because of the actions of other members of the public. Its been my fortune to meet some fantastic people, officers and public. They have helped me become a better person, father, friend, neighbour and policeman. Sorry for my previous dismay, i don't condone abuses by police officers, long day at work......respect to you all.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daCorte87

It was not in Portugal, it was in Switzerland, although it was with a Portuguese team, Benfica.

PS: welcome to ATS.

(benvindo ao ATS)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
But if this were America the cops would have opened fire a long time before all those people mobbed them. In fact, that guy that did the first flying kick would have been followed up with at least a taze.

Do you really think most American's would charge them? Do you really think most American cops would run away? They're absolutely itching for live target practice.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Hell yeah it's great to watch the mob tear some bastards to shreds.

Unless of course you are one of the bastards .. someday.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Absolutely true. But those five cops called it upon themselves by arrogantly engaging in a brutal assault upon a restrained and unarmed citizen in full view of thousands of people. The intervention of the non-cop citizens stopped the cops' from continuing their criminal assault upon the defenseless man they had pinned to the ground. They experienced a form of instant karma which appears to be the only thing that will reduce the occurence these incidents of escalating official brutality that we're seeing more and more often these days.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

damn that made my morning

friends of mine recently got beat down by cops went to court and charges dropped

so easy for police to get away with this stuff with there in house (independent) complaints authority

peace
meat

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join