It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells Israel: Go back to 1967 borders

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Obama tells Israel: Go back to 1967 borders

In a major speech that sought to reframe U.S. policy in the Mideast, President Barack Obama endorsed a key Palestinian demand Thursday for the borders of its future state and prodded Israel to accept that it can never have a truly peaceful nation that is based on "permanent occupation." Obama's urging that a Palestinian state be based on 1967 borders — those that existed before the Six-Day War in which Israel occupied East Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza — marked a significant shift in U.S. policy and seemed certain to anger Israel

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
All I can say is it's about time somebody told them that.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
good

i agree fully with him on this issue

israel should move back to pre 67 borders

and then move all the way out

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Fox News and conservative radio are gonna have a field day with this one!!

I for one...AGREE with Obama. We are giving Israel billions of dollars every year. If they don't want to play ball...then we cut off ALL FUNDING...money we can definitely use here.

edit on 19-5-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
good

]

Why? Think that will resolve the Middle-East crisis? lmao.

UN granted them the land... So you want them to reverse their decision?...
I don't get it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

good

Israel is currently 8,000 square miles large, which is about 1/8th the size of Florida. The population of Israel is over 7 million, 76% of them Jewish. (Compared to all of Florida, who's population is about 18 million) Just out of curiosity, where would you have them move 'all the way out' to?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
How is it within the realm of Obama, or the US to dictate this?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Well, since we give them BILLIONS every year I think we should get some say in the matter. If they don't like it...we cut all funding.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Just because the UN granted it doesn't mean it's right...

Knowing Israel though...they won't do it...and Obama would never cut that cash flow off to Israel plain and simple...he's all talk i'm sure

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Exactly!

For me I am really surprised Obama and the US would say this.

I am intrigued for the next move.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

good

They have already said they won't move back so this could be worth watching. I wonder if we did withdraw our support of Israel for not moving back could it be the trigger that starts WW3? I just thought of something this has to fall through we have to stop this from working. If this works we'll never hear the end of it from the Obama is the antichrist crowd.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

While I am kind of a supporter of Israel, I think we should cut funding to all outside countries.
Money spent on US soil would do us better.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Typical O'bummer move! Next he will want to give Texas back to the drug cartels because they had it first!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

WELL someone had to tell them... and ya know Canada is to busy uh..... uhmmmm... Moose Hunting to be bothered!?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jubes

I say let Israel and Palestine hash it out.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Israel should just drive everyone from the gaza strip because it was there land to begin with imagine being kicked out the uk by the nazis the being give just wales to live in
obamas only saying this because hes muslim and not jewish

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think it's a ploy to restart the failing US property market as millions of Jews will now be desperately trying to leave and head back to the motherland

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

so because the un says its ok for a people to take the land of another peoples is ok

the un has no right doing such

israel attacked the uss liberty

nor do they accept international inspections of their nukes

why should the un matter at all here

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MensaDude

good

Israel is currently 8,000 square miles large, which is about 1/8th the size of Florida. The population of Israel is over 7 million, 76% of them Jewish. (Compared to all of Florida, who's population is about 18 million) Just out of curiosity, where would you have them move 'all the way out' to?

The nazis who believe in the outlandish zionist conspiracy, just because jews are successful business people DO NOT CARE where the jews go. Well I guess it would suit them for the remainder of the jews to go back to the gas chambers and be gassed to death.

As a christian, I always felt sorry for them and never really any envy. Anyone who knows history well will understand palestine was never an official nation because it was under british domain and then when jews went back to "the promised land" they formed Israel. Don't get me wrong I feel bad for the refugees living in tents but was a UN failure and not Israels fault. It was also a failure of Israels neighbors to use common sense and allow them citizenship.

Even Israel has been at fault for different reasons. They could have refused palestine and integrated palestinian israelis to israeli citizens in a secular state. There is absolutely no reason for Israel to remain non-secular. What Obama said to Israel is retarded and unwelcomed to Israel who has fought for every inch of land since 1967. When you win land you don't give it up for peace just because an idiot like obama wants you to. If I was netanyahu I would ignore meeting obama to show my discontent for his remarks.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

insane and devouring ignorance enmass

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join