It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do we not have a right to overthrow our government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
if you read all of our founding documents
we have this right

how does continuity of government
and preserving our government

tie in with the constitution
or any of the fundamental ideas that created this nation

how does one go about changing the system
if the process for doing such

has been out lawed
and the masses nullified

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Welcome to the NWO where choice is an illusion..

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Damned straight the people have the right ! and if they won't go quietly tough !

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Basically, the way I see it is like this: Our forefathers built an "escape" road, so we can re-construct our government, but the problem is, the current governments of the past XX years decided to put in place a giant road block to that very road that is supposed to save us from the tyranny. We can not go on that road to rescue our country because they will kill anyone who attempts to go down that road. So in essence the people need to go "underground" and dig through without being seen, and reach the end of that road and rescue the people from these tyrants.

Dunno if I make sense, that's just how it sort of played out in my mind lol

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
i dont believe we have choices, not that type anyway.
e.g
you can go into a shop and buy a beer.
you have 2 choices
brand x or brand y
makes no difference,
for the same company makes both brands

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Of course we have the right all people have such a right the problem is the peoples will to do it. Here in America there does not need to be a violent revolution. We just need to get enough people on the same page and we could change things peacefully. The problem is a majority are not at the right level of mindset to do that and are still led to much by the media, divided etc. That is slowly changing however it may take many more years. Those that think violence is the answer right now don't have a clue. The majority of Americans would still support TPTB if violence was initiated.

We need to keep educating and be patient and learn to make the best of the hand we are currently dealt. I to get fed up and sometime think we need to over throw the government by force but then I come to my senses because we do not even have a majority sentiment to even consider it and if we did it would not need to be by force. The economic meltdown may cut the learning curve short for many however the bottom line is the majority do rule in any society by action or inaction what ever the case may be.
edit on 16-5-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Not in a Representative Republic...

Our Constitution does not allow for a tyranny of and by the majority. One does not need over all approval, one needs only to operate constitutionally.

At some point everyone has to ask themselves where in the sand they will draw the line. Some will never draw it and potentially no one will, that does not excuse someone from compromising their principles.
edit on 16-5-2011 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It is a basic human right to fight abuse and oppression. The founders were say we have not only a right, but and obligation to overthrow a corrupt and oppressive government, such as the one we have now.

However, it is not legal within the system of government. Sedition and insurrection laws make any revolt, for any reason illegal so they can authorize force. It only makes sense revolution must be illegal from a governmental perspective, otherwise every small group would constantly be trying to do it.

The only real things that separates an insurrection from a revolution are size and success.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
We do but since nobody in bold enough to actually march.

We're doomed.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I think the truth is the Declaration of Independence gave us the right to abolish the government if it no longer served the needs of the people (in other words, NOW). But the Constitution did not carry forward that right, and left it out. And that is probably my biggest beef with it, along with no provision for the situation we are in now- with nearly the entire Congress basically signed on to the NWO, and no further recourse for the people other than armed revolution. It's too far gone.

No amount of voting, or attempted placement of independents in the government can undo the libraries of law written that the average citizen must live under. Spend half your life reading and understanding legal BS, or be subject to its noose- and remember, ignorance of the law is no excuse! And that's both federal and state law, too! Placing independents will not undo the rampant corruption of the court system either.

The right to bear arms shall not be infringed. And regulation is indeed an infringement of that right. What was SUPPOSED to happen is that the federal government was never supposed to have the firepower to squash a grossly dissatisfied, armed populace.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think the only hope we have to fix the problem is if our military leaders "grow a couple" and say enough is enough, following a military coup, the citizens need to implement a solid plan to prevent the same thing happening again. Strip the laws that bind us currently. Make it easier for the people to keep the government under control.

I wonder if it has every crossed the minds of some of the military? I bet that is why the military complex gets so much money, It is what keeps them from a coup.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
every post here
gives me hope

thank you
for showing me some still care

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
People not only have a right to overthrow their Government, they have a duty.

Check out my signature. Been using this for months.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Two words...

Civil Disobedience

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

The American people were the ones that formed the government body before it became a corporate entity, yes you are right, we the people can not overthrow something that is not longer in the possession of the people.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

No one would be happier to have you overthrow the government than the forces within it who are making your life miserable and who are destroying the nation. I promise you.

Because right after you do all their dirty work for them, they will seize power, and you will no longer have the Constitution to protect you. Then they will kill off the very people who made their coup possible so that you cant turn around and do it to them.

And thats a promise.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
how does one go about changing the system

The answer is quite simple, yet difficult at the same time.If everyone took to the streets in protest, leaving their jobs behind (a la Egypt), then the US economy and the beast that feeds the government would be cut off at the head. At that point, change in government would come quickly and drastically.

Problem is that we got mortgages to pay, tables that need food on them....AND (for most people) got all kinds of essential* entrainment to pay for (*sarcasm).
edit on 16-5-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
For all intents and purposes I do not necessarily see the government as the problem, I say this very loosely. The ultimate problem is the corporations that have their greedy little paws in the government and controlling it for their own purpose.

Ok....so we overthrow the government...then what....we still are slaves to the corporate world.

What we need is people in the government that will put the corporations in their place and not allow them to lobby for laws that only serve their end game.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Thank you. Thats exactly true. We need to notice that in the Mid East a lot of these "uprisings" are going to result in bankers and corporatists having their wicked way with the nations in question, their resources, and the people.

Its a dirty stinking trap they want us to fall into, and I beg you. DONT. We can reform what we have if we really try. If we are too incompetent to make what we have work, I guarantee, any sort of "overthrow" will just land you in the hands of the people you were trying to get rid of.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, why else would we need a "well armed militia"?

Hell YES!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join