It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are travel to parallel universes

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by ButterCookie

..I yelled out loud; however, I was in dreamland and here, literally because one eye was shut and one eye was closed (this may sound crazy, but stay with me...)

(I know you mean one open and one closed)....

Have you ever seen the TED talk by that neuroscientist who had a stroke (Jill Bolte Taylor)? She was aware of both dimensions, too, and she does a fantastic lecture where she uses a cadaver brain (ewww!) to show that the left and right brains are two separate things....
www.ted.com...
so, are we able to engage in both; one eye open, and one shut (still elsewhere)?

I love this stuff. Thanks for the thread....

edit on 22-1-2012 by wildtimes because: to add link

Damn!! I gotta check that out!!

I research about dreams and parallel universes all the time...makes me look forward to dreamland......

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

And like you stated about your dream brother; I thought that was very interesting...

That was Zagari....but I would love to meet some of my "dreamscape-peeps" in this dimension as well...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Wow, how cool is that?

Have you ever read the Dune series by Frank Herbert? I think you'd enjoy it. Talks about the same sort of stuff as your dreams have...

As for the hovering and watching two ET species duke it out, well, the Sumerian tablets seem to verify that very thing!
Huh.
Nice to meet you....if, just on the off chance, you have a dreamscape chance to "off" me, could I bother you to please refrain??

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I don't understand how dreams can be real because I often have superpowers in my dreams. If dreams were other dimensions then this is a small list of strange things I have done or encountered.

I'll explain....

Superpowers are really how they relate to your understanding of technology and the laws of physics, right? For example, if you were to travel back in time to the year 1776 and brought your Android/ I-phone 5 cell phone at the Constitutional Convention, they would state that you had 'superpowers'; today, in 2012, we know that as technology.

In this world, we can't fly around, as gravity is a law of physics; in dream land, you may encounter a world where a different law of physics exists for gravity.

But notice, in dreams, things are not 'crazy' or 'weird' until you wake up. You can see a dog walk up and start talking to you and maybe even pour you a cup of tea. But its not until you wake up ( back in this dimension) that you think, "wow, that was some crazy s.....".

Basically, the 'superpowers' you experience in dreams are actually everyday, normal things for that particular universe...in fact. they don't even seem extraordinary while you are there....no one is saying, "wow...look at him/her fly!!!!!!!"

Ya see?
edit on 22-1-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
anybody have any tips on remembering dreams when waking up
i know i must dream at some point but have no recollection of anything
i had a serious head injury a few years ago and since then cant seem to remember dreams
sorry to divert your thread slightly aswell o.p

i feel i`m missing out on a part of my life that might make sense of things

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by UkRandom
anybody have any tips on remembering dreams when waking up
i know i must dream at some point but have no recollection of anything
i had a serious head injury a few years ago and since then cant seem to remember dreams
sorry to divert your thread slightly aswell o.p

i feel i`m missing out on a part of my life that might make sense of things

No, other than trying to write them down quickly...

I mentioned earlier about reading, or writing in dreams...something about that proves that information is not supposed to be transported back and forth between the universes

Maybe that's why our dreams seem to disappear rapidly after we awake.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UkRandom

I'm sorry to hear of your brain injury. Do you have a sleeping partner? Do they become aware if you are disturbed or showing signs of dreaming? Like, twitching, murmuring, (or more blatant, talking, moving)...
perhaps they could awaken you and ask you what you were dreaming.

I've never experienced an inability to remember my dreams (that I can recall lol!)....
I generally wake up from the dreamscape directly -- and remember them well. But I certainly can't claim that I've had dreams I don't remember, because I don't remember them.

Perhaps talk to a neuroscientist, or look into some studies or research going on that addresses the issue?

I hope you do find a way; brightest of hopes on your journey.
--wild

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

yea i have a sleeping partner and what iv been told i frequently twitch especially when first falling asleep
sometimes that wakes me as i feel like i`v been dropped into bed
dont know what causes that and i think i might look into articles on sleep and see if i can get something figured out

also @o.p i will try and write down anything i can remember when first waking
thank you both for your replys about this

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UkRandom

dont know what causes that and i think i might look into articles on sleep and see if i can get something figured out

You are welcome ! Hey, maybe you could ask your regular doc, or just do a web search of studies going on that are monitoring brain activity during sleep...
another idea is seeking out a reputable hypnotist...
maybe.

If I were in your position, I think I'd look for studies underway that will electrode you and monitor your brain activity -- they could at least determine if your fMRI results indicate activity in the areas that are stimulated when people who have not suffered an injury are experiencing.

Never hurts to ask, eh??

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The theory that reading in dreams is impossible is clearly false: I just woke up from a dream in which ( for the first time ) I was reading easily a facebook message.
I understood the text. I can read in dreams.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
The theory that reading in dreams is impossible is clearly false: I just woke up from a dream in which ( for the first time ) I was reading easily a facebook message.
I understood the text. I can read in dreams.

Ok.......

however, I'm thinking that you clearly UNDERSTOOD the message, and didn't technically read it.

No?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

No, I mean, I actually read the text. I was watching my computer's screen and actually seeing written words.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I've had some unusual experiences. In most cases I've suddenly woken up, only to see a spider-like thing either moving towards me/away from me along a webline from the ceiling and it jolts me out of the 'dream state'. The only different experience I've had is the one time when I suddenly woke up, and I turned to my left and I could loosely see a shape of a white dove flying towards me. It's half 'seeing' half 'feeling/sensing' the object. Personally, I think maybe some anxiety is channelled into that moment and then projected. I also think it may be some latent neural activity and possibly it's my brain's way of keeping me still before it's 'fully activated' the rest of my body. Does that make sense? I'm think more in engineering terms here than anything else! Still, might be interesting for some to interpret.
edit on 1/3/12 by Retro~Burn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I also think that we simultaneously exist within multiple alternate realities and what i'm doing right now and the people i see and interact with,while i'm awake here in this life,is what and who i dream about while i'm asleep in some other reality,hidden realms somehow connected to ours upon some mysterious wavelength, within some unknown frequency of the electromagnetic spectrum where natural laws,structures of society and technologies are similar yet different to ours and thats why our dreams are often filled with strangely familiar surrealistic images,events,abilities and people...SnF 4 U

edit on 1-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

I also think that we simultaneously exist within multiple alternate realities and what i'm doing right now and the people i see and interact with,while i'm awake here in this life,is what and who i dream about while i'm asleep in some other reality,hidden realms somehow connected to ours upon some mysterious wavelength, within some unknown frequency of the electromagnetic spectrum where natural laws,structures of society and technologies are similar yet different to ours and thats why our dreams are often filled with strangely familiar surrealistic images,events,abilities and people...SnF 4 U

Thanks!

I also agree with you about the other realities that co-exist outside of this one; I feel that the strangers we see in our normal universe are perhaps acquaintances of some sort in a parallel universe...that's why you both get that strange "Don't I know you from somewhere???"

Blocula, what say you on the phenomenom about not being able to read or write in dreams?

My stance is that there must be some sort of 'universal' law/ quantum physics matter that does not allow for information to be transported between the multiverses...thus no reading or writing.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by blocula

Thanks!

Blocula, what say you on the phenomenom about not being able to read or write in dreams?

My stance is that there must be some sort of 'universal' law/ quantum physics matter that does not allow for information to be transported between the multiverses...thus no reading or writing.
Hi and sorry to be so late to your awesome thread,i accidently found it while searching for something else,even though you started it before i became a member...

I have been shown pictures and words in books before during a few of my dreams...

During one dream,i was standing in a library in india and a couple of people there,a man and a woman who were clearly from india,showed me a history book with captioned photos and one of the photos was of a completely devastated ny city,smashed by atom bombs and i could plainly see three photos next to eachother in that book,one of the ny city of now,one of it crushed by a-bombs and one of how it will look in the distant future and i could see and read the words in that book very easily...

Maybe they were rebel time travelers who broke the multiple-universe laws and allowed me,and sometimes others,to see and read thing we should'nt see and read in our dreams?

And as far as writing goes,your right,i dont recall ever writing,or seeing anyone else write in a dream,why havent i thought of that before?
edit on 2-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Cool dream!

Waking up a few hours ago ( and leaving my dreamworld), I am noticing that with each dream, I am more and more convinced that dreamlands are REAL PLACES.

Face it...you are NOT thinking up all the intricate details, unknown characters, and possible scenarios on the 'fly', as some people may like to contend.

If so, there would be no such thing as surprises, sad moments, or especially nightmares...if you were the 'producer'. You are not the producer of dreamland; you are merely an actor, but not knowing your lines ahead of time. Dreams are in 1st person, not 3rd person as imaginations and daydreams are.

I think that its mostly atheists who have a difficult time accepting the dreamland /parallel universe theory.

I myself and in NO way religious; no church, no magical god in the sky intervening.... I am an Ancient Alien theorist (gods=aliens).

Thing with atheists (no gods/aliens) is that with the parallel universe theory, it implies other entities who exist elsewhere....and with atheists, nothing exists except them.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari

No, I mean, I actually read the text. I was watching my computer's screen and actually seeing written words.

That's interesting!! I believe you, and that is cool to read a message in dreamworld.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Another thing I have researched about dreams is that "The similarities in brainwave patterns between waking life and REM sleep imply that on certain levels the brain may be functioning in similar ways, the most notable similarity being that we are conscious in both states. In both states we are receiving sensory input, though in the case of dreams, the origin of this input and the organs involved in its reception remain cloaked."

What this is saying is that we are RECEIVING input, meaning dreams do not involve output....proof that we are experiencing something that we did not create.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Check out the posts made on the first page of this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=828037

Once you get to mine starting with the 8th they become more related to this topic specifically the consecutive two after the first one.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join