It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

Figure it out for yourself, all low-income jobs CAN and SHOULD pay more to their employees.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Revolution-2012 because: (no reason given)

Why?

Just because you think they should?

And when a company posts a loss should the employees kick back in some of their pay?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

You need to learn how to properly speak English, then maybe your illegible insult would make sense.

Until then, pro-corporate trolls have been told by my previous analogy.

I swear to god, this site has gone down hill in the past 3-4 years, I remember once there was a bunch of like minded individuals who would be able to understand at least WHY someone would steal from a corporate machine, even if their own opinion differed.

This is a damn conspiracy website, not a "the world works the way it's suppose to let's have a formal discussion" website.

We make up the world around us. If I take advantage of my half blind old neighbor because she really doesn't need every one of her yard gnomes and won't miss the one or two I steal.She will rightfully believe she lives in an f'd up world. And I'd be directly responsible.

Discuss all you want. I presented my opinion:" theft is still theft" no matter how big the pot it comes from the individual act is the same..I'm sorry if my english is so poor; I don't speak liberal marxist forced redistribution..

edit on 10-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by skyturnedgrey

Maybe you should read my post further down this page.

I swear to god, this site has gone down hill in the past 3-4 years, I remember once there was a bunch of like minded individuals who would be able to understand at least WHY someone would steal from a corporate machine, even if their own opinion differed.

Let's put a emphasis on:

corporate machine

Honestly, all of your defensive stand points against corporation sounds like a bunch of disinfo garbage.

"oh come on guys, don't do that that's not morally correct"

You know what's not morally correct?

Minimum wage being far below how much it costs to live, federally and state-based.

You know what's not morally correct?

Corporations profiting x (x being absurd amount) amount a year, much more than they could ever possibly need, and paying the cashier struggling to feed himself and possibly his family minimum wage.

That's what is not morally correct, and if you think otherwise, you're insane.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MindF

No, this is why.

Approximately 43.6 (14.3%) million Americans were living in poverty in 2009, up from 39.8 million (13.2%) in 2008

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
If I take advantage of my half blind old neighbor because she really doesn't need every one of her yard gnomes and won't miss the one or two I steal.She will rightfully believe she lives in an f'd up world. And I'd be directly responsible

Discuss all you want. I presented my opinion:" theft is still theft".

Wrong.

Stealing from the rich and giving to the poor is not stealing from your neighbor and giving to the poor.

Corporations steal from us every day, the government steals from us every day, big oil steals from us everyday.

There is no logical reason, or moral issue with stealing from a absurdly wealthy corporate entity.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

I disagree...

goodnight.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Corporations steal from us every day, the government steals from us every day, big oil steals from us everyday.

There is no logical reason, or moral issue with stealing from a absurdly wealthy corporate entity.

Specifically, what have corporations and "big oil" stolen from you?

List your damages

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

reply to post by MindF

No, this is why.

Approximately 43.6 (14.3%) million Americans were living in poverty in 2009, up from 39.8 million (13.2%) in 2008

en.wikipedia.org...

And how many of these people continue to perpetuate their poverty by voting Democrat? Pretty much all of them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

That's a moot point.

More namely, what haven't they stolen from me? I worked minimum wage at 17 at a fast food chain, busting my ass everyday, just to get my ass off the streets, only to be taxed to hell and back and pay zealous realtors an absurd amount of cash for a piece of crap house, and what did I see from that? Enough money to afford a higher education? Enough money to buy a car? Enough money to live comfortably? Hell no.

And what did the corporation see from my work and my co-workers work? A nice plush profit, and a vacation to the Bahamas while they decide where to build their next location.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

If you worked minimum wage, you paid no income tax whatsoever.

It may have been withheld from your check, but you received every dime of it back.

Minimum wage earners do not fall into a tax bracket in which you would be liable for any income tax.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I live in California.

Everything here is taxed to the moon and back.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

And what did the corporation see from my work and my co-workers work?

Well obviously they didnt see you apply yourself and obtain more skills to better your situation. Why is the businesses of today responsible for your lack of effort or initiative? Sounds to me your more lazy and want to blame anyone but yourself for your situation. Heres a big boy hint on life, take responsibility for your actions.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I live in California.

Everything here is taxed to the moon and back.

Since you paid zero federal income tax, what California tax bracket did your minimum wage job land you in ?

I'm guessing a 0% bracket.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

I'll tell you what the southland corporation stole from me...

I worked graveyard and I got tired of throwing stuff away because of it's shelf-life, the deli in particular...
One day my boss pulled me aside and was praising me for doing so good and asked me how I stay on top of the deli so well.

So I pulled-out my little notebook that I explained was my "sales forecasting" notes...I'd only stock what was selling in a given time-frame. Duh!

So, a short time goes by and wouldn't you know it; trainers are brought-in to train us (our team of associates) how to forecast sells!!!

I deserve compensation, but instead, I got canned for telling the bigwigs that they stole my property/idea!!!

But would I steal from the hand that feeds me? I wish I had.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I helped develop waste management systems for the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. The initial idea was mine. Is it my property? No. It was the property of CBTL because they were developed on their time for their products and that's the end of that.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
There's three types of people that steal:
The poor who steal because the system forces them to steal.
Those who steal for the heck of it.
Last but not least(who am i kidding, they steal the most), the rich who steal from everybody.

What's strange is the most immoral form of stealing is the legal form.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

doctornamtab if we look at ourselves honestly, most employees are thieves and they don't even know it. every paid minute an employee is on the clock drawing wages that is spent lingering at the water cooler, taking personal calls or using the Internet for personal business is theft.

many people put paper clips or pens in their pockets to take home, little things they feel are irrelevant and will never be noticed. that is theft.

some workers will use office equipment (copiers, fax, etcetera) for non-work related business. some workers will toss their outgoing bill payment mail into the company basket to get free postage. that is theft.

there are employees that arrive late, take longer lunch than is given, or sneak out early. that is theft.

i suspect many people who are condescending to you may be guilty of theft themselves but they rationalize it away. a lie is a lie. theft is theft.

i once had a co-worker who ripped our employer for everything he could. his logic was that they deserved it because they way they ran their business. i worked there a long time, and it truly did seem they went out of their way to avoid making a profit. we wondered if the (USA headquarters we worked at) was nothing more than a huge tax write-off for the 'mother' company in Japan.

the bad thing about theft is it catches up to you. one may think they are slick and they do not even realize other people notice. employers have cameras everywhere. when people find out they can't trust you, well that is a sad thing. you take the risk if you feel its worth it, i'm sure you realize there may be a price to pay one day.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by loveguy

I helped develop waste management systems for the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. The initial idea was mine. Is it my property? No. It was the property of CBTL because they were developed on their time for their products and that's the end of that.

I wonder, did you get any recognition that the "idea" was your baby? Oh, I see, you "helped" develop it. That's not the same thing my friend.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

....One used Pinkerton agents to buddy up to the suspect......

didn't the handle bar mustaches and fedora's give them away.

edit on 10-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Stealing is stealing - it's never a victimless crime.

If everyone in a large corporation steals, then it lowers the profitability of the company; lower it enough, and something has to give (usually jobs).

Or, lower the profitability of a company, and you put the brakes on it's expansion and growth; therefore, you are denying the possibility of more people gaining employment from said company.

So, by virtue of your actions, you are worse than the "demonic private corporations which suck the blood from the hard working citizens".

Through your actions, you are perpetuating the cycle of poverty, and destroying the opportunities for other people to have employment and food on their table.

*clap, clap, clap* ... aren't you a f***ing hero.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join