It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretoria lesbian girl raped

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Pretoria lesbian girl raped

www.timeslive.co.za

the girl, who was open about her sexuality, was raped in what seemed to be an act of "corrective rape" on Thursday.

According to activists, lesbian women are often victims of "corrective rape", which is forced sex with a man to "cure" their sexuality.

The department said every South African had the right to express themselves in the sexual orientation of their choice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Corrective rape???

How and why has this happened?
And if you reverse it, how is this possible for a gay male?

This seems to be more about males asserting their dominance over the female gender as the males may feel 'deprived' of future sexual encounters..

Well, tough! get a grip on reality! live and let live.
I hope those responsible are strung up and castrated.

She is 13... barely able to truly know anything about life, yet like so many other cases there is someone trying to force opinions.

Terrible.

www.timeslive.co.za
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
How and why has this happened?
And if you reverse it, how is this possible for a gay male?

You are aware that it is possible for men to be raped by women, right? Especially in a similar situation to that article where a male is forced to have sexual intercourse with a women so he can be "converted" from being gay.

This seems to be more about males asserting their dominance over the female gender as the males may feel 'deprived' of future sexual encounters.

No, it's more about people of both genders with extremist views trying to push their beliefs and lifestyles on others that do not wish to conform.

edit on 7/5/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
i seen a documetery on this a few weeks bk.
they believe lesbians have the devil in them so prior to corrective rape they cut of a head of a live chicken
and splash the still warm blood over them and chanting some voodo mumbo jumbo..this was an eye opening program...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Oh yeah.. god plan. RAPING the lesbian will turn her straight.

"Oh thank you sir you were so right.. I was so confused but you raped some sense into me!"
When I hear stuff like this, I feel a surge in support of the death penalty. Not so much for the crime, I don't believe rape really deserves death, but for the combo of the rape and the level of ignorance that sparked the crime. That person is just honestly better off not existing.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

nobody deemed it that but the reporter.

i highly doubt the motive was in the interests of bettering the victim. that just sounds ridiculous.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This makes me sick! How dare that child not want a man! I mean really, isn't that all any woman wants and needs? Geez, if she isn't interested in men, she must have the devil in her. ARGH. Let me go find them. I will whip the devil out of them!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
someone got raped in south africa...why is this news?

Rank Countries Amount
# 1 South Africa: 1.19538 per 1,000 people

www.nationmaster.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

idiots who believe this should be " correctivly raped " by a man - and left to figure out thier new sexuality

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

It isn't really so bizarre.

The entire "corrections" system of the western world is based on basically the same premise that rape will set you straight.

Why else would they take a bunch of prohibition violators and financial violators and lock them in a confined space with murderers assaulters and rapists?

It's become an accepted fact in nearly the whole ofthe western world, violent rape will set you straight.

Of course it doesn't and never has but good luck getting anyone to understand that.

These homophobic voodoo nuts believe it, cops all over believe it, judges and jury's believe it and our glorious legislators believe it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Reply to post by ignorant_ape

Your post illustrates my point. Thanks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thestink
someone got raped in south africa...why is this news?

Rank Countries Amount
# 1 South Africa: 1.19538 per 1,000 people

www.nationmaster.com...

It's news because of the MOTIVE! It's disgusting a foul that men would rape a lesbian to try and "correct" her. In the USA extremist homophobes beat you with the Bible, treat you with shock therapy, and shun you out of the community... in SA they rape?

Why are there so many sick people in this world?
edit on 7-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Seriously guys, i love this world

Amazing things happening now and then, even more horrible than the lesbian rape , what an amazing world !

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
What the hell does a persons sexual preference have to do with it ? Rape is rape regardless of the victims sexual preferences...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It's this kind of ignorance that has created the world we inhabit today. How on Earth could they justify rape? This is clearly some kind of Male dominance issue. I wish these people weren't so insecure about themselves, what did it matter she was a lesbian? She was living life the way she felt was right. Another person just had their humanity ravaged. Barbaric. My prayers go out to every victim of ignorance.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

I hate to break it to you, but in America they rape lesbians too, and with the same mentality. I know this for a fact. Though I will not share here.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72
reply to post by donatellanator

I hate to break it to you, but in America they rape lesbians too, and with the same mentality. I know this for a fact. Though I will not share here.

I figured. Wasn't trying to sound nationalistic. I've heard so many horrible stories of beatings and murder related to sexuality. I have a lot of gay friends and it's just heartbreaking to even think about!
edit on 7-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I somewhat agree. The rape in and of itself is as tragic and painful to every victim. But I think the difference is societies take on the crime. It victims are belittled to the point that a given society thinks the rape is justified the victim is now a victim twice. Which is why numerous rapes in the US go unreported. The harshness of the trial only makes them twice victims.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72
reply to post by Expat888

I somewhat agree. The rape in and of itself is as tragic and painful to every victim. But I think the difference is societies take on the crime. It victims are belittled to the point that a given society thinks the rape is justified the victim is now a victim twice. Which is why numerous rapes in the US go unreported. The harshness of the trial only makes them twice victims.

Sadly its not limited to just one society.. It happens in nearly every so-called "civilised" society around the world.. Very few do anything to help or protect the victims of rape..

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
OH geez, yes let's rape all the lesbians of the world and that will CURE them
, sorry to say this but you are NOT going to CURE them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join