It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me debunk my professors thinking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ever since the Osama ordeal, we have been having discussions on the matter with my professor, of course, blindly accepting that it all happened just as the government says it did. While I take more of a critical thinkers approach and look at evidence from all sides. He claimed they won't release pics because they are too gruesome and then I ask, why release the other gruesome photos? The response was because it leaves the arab world wondering if its true, but if they show his pics then they will surely attack us....laughable reasoning.

Anyways we got on the topic of 911 and said this reminded him of a student that claimed the buildings were hit by middles and the planes were merely holograms, which the class errupted with laughter. Said no matter how much evidence he showed the student she stuck to the holograph theory....and basically said she was crazy. While I absolutely don't prescribe to the holograph theory, I have no doubt in my mind the government was behind 911. Now I want to tackle my professors opinion on the ordeal. He seems to feel strongly that the popular mechanics debunking of 911 conspiracy theories is his biggest evidence to knock down all conspiracies. He feels they have greater ethos than most most who have tackled this ordeal.

Here is where I need help. I have not stayed on top of all the 911 theories and debunkings and thanks to having a terrible memory due to multiple concussions, I cannot remember everything that happened during that time to follow up with a good counter argument. Could any of you refresh my memory with some good points to counter with? Wasn't there someone our some group who made a video debunking the popular mechanics debunk? Plus I ned reliable sources because my professor feels so strongly that the ethos/credibility of popular mechanics is very high/believable. Anyone want to assist me? I would do this research on my own normally, but I am very short on time as its crunch time in school right now, finals start next week and I'm taking 15 units....swamped.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Also, please excuse any grammer mistakes as I struggled to quickly type this on my phone in the library before my next class...my replies might have to wait until tonight.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
David Ray Griffin "Debunking 9/11 debunking" deals with the popular mechanics issue

You can also point out to your professor that if you turned in a whopping 4 pages of magazine spread (like popular mechanics) that would not necessarily be the definitive conclusion of America's most significant terrorist attack in history now would it?

The holograph theory is an intentional obfuscation (100 percent of all legitimate 9/11 researchers agree). It is like accusing someone who believes in conspiracy theories as someone who believes in Big foot or the Easter Bunny, it's an obviously ridiculous theory on its face which is used to discredit 9/11 truthers ("well some people believe in alien beams so why should we listen to you..." etc, etc).

Get a copy of David Ray Griffin's "Debunking 9/11 Debunking" bring it to class and read from it, most specifically the part where he says that the Official government version of 9/11 is in fact a "conspiracy theory" (19 arabs with box cutters defeated the U.S. military, that's a theory of a conspiracy at work).

If you believe in al Qaeda you are a "conspiracy theorist"
edit on 6-5-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
David Ray Griffin "Debunking 9/11 debunking" deals with the popular mechanics issue

Also have him watch Loose Change Final Cut and/or 9/11 Blueprint for truth by Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth.

You can watch both free on the web - or you can easily order high quality copies for him.

I guarantee if he watched those two documentaries - as I have - he would realize the Govt.'s official conspiracy theory has some 'splanin to do!

(or he'll just put his fingers in his ears and say la la la - I've seen such reactions even amongst fellow Mensans)

Good Luck - just realize some people prefer to remain willfully ignorant.

edit on 6-5-2011 by truthmagnet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingfanpaul

Also from Jesse Ventura's book:

My question: If this was on the table in the 60s, was it not on the table in 2001? Could it parallel the twin towers? Could the twin-towers have been what they call a False Flag Operation? There have been many False Flag Operations. It seems that every war has been started this way.

I am a Vietnam Vet, and the False Flag Operation of Vietnam was the Gulf of Tonkin. That's what pulled us into Vietnam with ground troops, because we were told that the Vietnamese had attacked one of our ships in the Gulf of Tonkin. Well, I was teaching at Harvard in 2004, when McNamara was getting ready to die and he figured he better come clean. He admitted that the Gulf of Tonkin incident had never happened. Some 58,000 of my generation were killed and well over a million Vietnamese were killed, all based on an event that didn't happen.

How can your professor believe everything that is spoon fed to him when they admit to lying!?

Maybe the first video will let him see more than his narrow minded path allows him to do. Also, let him know the first facts in the video were from a high school teacher.

PLUS, Al-Qaeda has admitted that Bin Laden is dead. So what is stopping them from showing the pictures? Your professor sounds very close minded. You have my pity, must be a poor class to take.
edit on 6-5-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ask him how this guy below, with so much credibility, is a fat liar and can't be trusted?

Print this article out, or show it to him, and ask him how so many credible whistle blowers have told about the lies of this government. Then remind him that the only reason he believes whatever the MSM tells him our governement says is because he is, just like all the other sheep, are afraid of the the truth. They like being ignorant.

Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I doubt your professor will admit to having been convinced, even if he is convinced, out of job security fears. Depending on where he lives, if he comes out as a truther, it might harm his career.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Have him research building 7, or research it yourself and give him the info. That's the most troublesome thing. It wasn't brought down by a plane, or by fire. They "pulled" the building, which is a term for implosion that construction (or destruction) companies use. The building owner (Silverstein) was actually on camera and said that they decided to "pull" the building that day. No way to wire a building on fire with explosives in one day.

But I'm going to tell you, some people's minds cannot be changed.

Good luck.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

watch micheal moores farenhight 9/11, he shows that bill clinton warned george bush that they were expecting an attack from the middle east.

than show them this
en.wikipedia.org...
if george bush didnt know about the treeorist threat than he is dumber than i thought(and i think he pretty dumb). he knew about it and let it happen to invade iraq and pass the patriot act

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I agree, the professor is willing being ignorant,,He is afraid of his job and lose of his (god) $$$ MONEY $$$, which is 95% of the peoples on earths god also.....the mighty Federal Reserve Note.....not even a good a$$ wipe.....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Be sure to bring any information you can find from the so called experts who try to debunk the conspiracy theories so you can point out any flaws in thier arguments. Back everything thing up with credible sourses and do not let him discourage you!!! Good luck!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Tellem to go watch the UTUBE Video of our fallen soldier who was decapitated, and his headless body was dragged through the streets behind a horse with a cheering crowd.

At least Osama did'nt suffer as MUCH.

And I personally don't think we should have assasinated him,flew his body to a body of water,"cleansed him," and "released"him into the water.

Sounds kinda "fooey" to me.

The pic issue is just TODAYS handleing of the situation.

More to follow.

And quit going to those commie schools. Get a professor with some huervo ranchero's.

Like Sam Kinison in Back to School.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
On 9/11/01, New York was attacked by two planes that brought down three WTC buildings. Your professor obviously doesn't teach math.

edit on 6-5-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

While you're showing him these various things, also ask him to make a comment on the Bush "Jordan" speech
www.youtube.com...

Bush didn't misspeak. He flat out lied to the people at that town hall meeting. Why?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
in light of recent events, I would think the smarter play is to go with the theory that planes hit the towers and the pentagon, but UBL was working on CIA orders. just say his death is a trigger for another false flag operation

makes more sense, and you aren't trying to prove a few windows blowing out are signs of an actual controlled demolition, ( just look at some videos of real CD's and see for yourself the stagering differences) and aren't trying to explain away the airplane wreckage seen at the pentagon by saying it was planted there after the missile strike

that kinda talk usually comes with a tin foil hat

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Loose Change is a joke of a production, that after so many cuts, it still is wrong. So no thats a bad one to show him. Dr. Griffin is a theologian, so he has about as much experience in engineering, chemistry, physics, and controlled demolitions as a preschooler. Sept Clues is nothing more than a purposeful disinfo act by the truthers. AE9/11T is a motley crew of folks that have some distant relation to some of the mentioned above disciplines. Jesse Ventura took one too many chairs to the head when he was a pro-wrestler, so I wouldnt try to use him as a credible source on anything.

yeah I too was once a "truther". I watched Loose Change and was shocked and surprised. I believed it. Then after further review, I was shocked as just how I got fooled....................................... by the producers of Loose Change. I also believed in AE9/11T................... till I actually read and researched their arguments and comments, and was appalled. How can people of such intelligence, be so stupid and make such stupid observations? This was all before the debunking sites cropped up, when the 9/11 truth sites ran rampant and free. Once the debunking sites came on, they pretty much confirmed what I long suspected: Those pushing the truther version of events are nothing more than slick snake oil salesmen. I was shocked at how they twisted the evidence, accounts, fabricated events, took things way out of context, and even blatantly LIED to my face on many things. The innuendos, the winks and nudges. All of it. Made me shocked at how easily I was suckered in. I have not seen anything from them that would convince me otherwise, since I already saw through their smoke and mirrors. The actual version of events, (or incorrectly called "Official Story") has far less holes in it, far less contradictions, and far less insanity than anything the truthers brought forward.

If your professor is smart, and has a good head on his neck, he too will see through the truther propaganda. Sorry buddy, its gonna be a long uphill battle for ya, and the slope is soaped up.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Somehow I doubt that you were ever a "truther". I got a laugh out of it. Maybe not as much as you though.

2nd
edit on 6-5-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Tell your teacher to watch this 2 minute video.

It explains a lot of non esoteric emotion.

www.youtube.com...
(Sam Kinison and Rodney in Back to School)

I could watch this over and over showing generations of frustration with our education and govenment systems.

Doesn't get any better from different perspectives.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Sad to say, it is true. My brother showed me Loose Change, and yeah, it did make me think, doubt about what happened. It all seemed so true what they said.

It wasnt until I watched it again, and paid close attention, that I realized how well they nearly conned me. I went in with an open mind, and then almost took for face value. Once I stopped, and took a closer look, I laughed. laughed at how they manipulated me and tried to see things that just werent there.

If you wish, I would be more than happy to show you just how they conned you, and point out every way they did, through slick editing, twisting, innuendo, and such. Its amazing how much one can do, with just the words: Sounded like a bomb.
Lots of things can sound like that, but it amazes me how in Truther-world, that is ample evidence of sinister explosives used.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This probably isn't the advice you want to hear, but listen to your professors. They know more than you. Use common sense and listen to an educated man's opinion instead of the opinion of some borderline neurotic conspiracy theorists.

At best, our government was negligent, and when it happened used the opportunity to get into the middle east. There really is no evidence to claim that our government was behind the attacks, and by making such a claim in an educated environment you're just opening yourself up to ridicule.

You might get support and encouragement in a closed off and paranoid environment like this one that blows every little thing out of proportion. But in a university setting? Not a chance.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
first you need to lay better groundwork then you have...

First start with the fact the teacher is either conservative or liberal....

then build it from there...

start not with Bush go with rumsfield's multiple violations of civil rights...

build first that he distrust the conservative....

then introduce the theory built slowly

next part... what class is this...

is it engineering or physics... if it is not go with some questions... you want to see what the physics behind the official story is...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join