It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steelers Rashard Mendenhall questions 9/11 and Osama death celebrations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
As an American, you HAVE THE RIGHT to say whatever you want. But if I give you millions of dollars a year, you can only say what I want you to say. If I give you millions of dollars a year, you can only appear where I say you can appear. If I give you millions of dollars a year, your rights pretty much mean $-!+.

Of course I'm saying this from a position of not having millions of dollars given to me a year, but I think I rather be poor and "free"-er.

Or just tweet with an alias.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Good for him. I find the unquestioning celebration of someone's murder quite grotesque.

And the fact his coach claims he is somehow insulting the armed forces with his statement is disgusting.

"I have not spoken with Rashard, so it is hard to explain or even comprehend what he meant with his recent Twitter comments. The entire Steelers organization is very proud of the job our military personnel have done and we can only hope this leads to our troops coming home soon."

He made some poignant statements about the nature of Slavery and the NFL, as well.

"Anyone with knowledge of the slave trade and the NFL could say that these two parallel each other," Mendenhall posted at the time.

www.al.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm thinking some ATS'rs should make some #34 Steelers uniforms.

I'm not much of a fan, but i'd wear his jersey in support of his stance. But I'm not buying one from Champion.

Maybe I could steal it from best buy?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
www.abovetopsecret.com...]post by DarthChrisious

Actually, you didn't hear him speak. You heard a "supposed" translation of what he said and other translators outside the US, say he never claimed responsibility for 9/11.

EXACTLY... but since most Americans are brainwashed and mind-controlled by the perp media/government matrix, why is anyone with intelligence surprised?

quote]Originally posted by Naptown317
www.abovetopsecret.com...]post by PennySaint

“What kind of person celebrates death?” Who in their right mind celebrates death? Two wrongs dont make a right, that was taught in kindergarten.

some very sick and deluded Americans

or you check out these posts for a nicer summation of things:
forum.davidicke.com...
forum.davidicke.com...

edit on 7-5-2011 by truthseekr1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PennySaint

A thread about Mendenhall's being "let go" - which I think deserves its own thread - was closed and redirects here.

My comment on the letting go of this Gentleman:

How "American." -
- Sure, You have free speech...as long as your money is safe. Speak out Your mind at Your peril if someOne else holds Your purse strings.

Ain't money grand?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watts
and he's now being roasted for trying to be logical and objective in a over-patriotized, super-american-y, brainwashed country.

That about sums it up.

What exactly was offensive in what Mendenhall said? He wasn't condoning who or what OBL has done. And I agree 100% with his comment regarding the death of another person.

This reminds of me of something out of 1984, where if you question the official story told to you by the government, then you immediately pay the price.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join