It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We’re Not From The Milky Way Galaxy! We’re Sagittarians, Say Scientists! What Of Earth's Future

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+69 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Should we be worried? The answerer is, probably yes!

The New Star Map showing our Solar System (yellow circle) to be
at the exact nexus crossroads where two galaxies are actually joining.
Univ of Virginia

"This first full-sky map of Sagittarius shows its extensive interaction with the Milky Way," Steven Majewski, U.Va. Professor of astronomy said. "Both stars and star clusters now in the outer parts of the Milky Way have been 'stolen' from Sagittarius as the gravitational forces of the Milky Way nibbled away at its dwarf companion. This one vivid example shows that the Milky Way grows by eating its smaller neighbors."

It came as a shock when…..

scientists announced that the Sun, the Moon, our planet and its siblings, were not born into the familiar band of stars known as the Milky Way galaxy, but we actually belong to a strange formation with the unfamiliar name of the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy!

Artist’s rendition showing how the solar system is oriented
to the galactic plane. The two planes are set at an angle of about
55 degrees from parallel.
Courtesy: Hubpages

Using volumes of data from the Two-Micron All Sky Survey (2MASS), a major project to survey the sky in infrared light led by the University of Massachusetts, the astronomers are answering questions that have baffled scientists for decades and proving that our own Milky Way is consuming one of its neighbors in a dramatic display of ongoing galactic cannibalism.

The study published in the Astrophysical Journal, is the first to map the full extent of the Sagittarius galaxy and show in visually vivid detail how its debris wraps around and passes through our Milky Way. Sagittarius is 10,000 times smaller in mass than the Milky Way, so it is getting stretched out, torn apart and gobbled up by the bigger Milky Way.

The Milky Way
Daily Galaxy

The fact to note is that the Milky Way is seen in the sky at an angle and not oriented to the galaxy's ecliptic which should have been the case if we originated in the Milky Way. Instead, the odd angle suggests that our Sun is influenced by some other system - the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy!

Here is an interesting NASA video of what would happen 2 billion years from now when the Andromeda Galaxy collides with the Milky way. Also shown is the Sagittarius Galaxy that collided with the Milky way eons ago. However, remember that in this video, the Solar System is shown to be part of the Milky Way ab initio. It’s only now that scientists are putting forth the theory that it was instead part of the Dwarf Saggitarius galaxy before the ‘assimilation’.

Now, is this meshing together of these two galaxies causing changes in our Solar System considering that it is now passing through the path of Sagittarius’ debris during its 240 million-year orbit around the Milky Way galaxy? As Majewski says, "Remarkably, stars from Sagittarius are now raining down onto our present position in the Milky Way.”

Is Global Warming A Galactic Phenomenon?

Here are some of the effects on the Solar System as a whole as it passes through the debris of the Sagittarius Galaxy (or should I say the Solar System passing through the Milky Way Galaxy??):

Higher energy levels due to the collusion are probably causing our Sun to burn hotter and emit higher energies. Check out the Sun’s behavior of late. Massive CMEs with more to come! This is probably what’s causing global warming and not due to man made carbon emissions and as some scientists contend due to methane produced by cows!! (What a load of goop!)

A Coronal Mass Ejection from the Sun.
NIAAS

A growth of dark spots on Pluto and newly reported auroras on Saturn.

Increased incidents of Auroras on Saturn

Glowing auroras on Saturn
Discovery Channel

The atmospheres of five of the planets and the Earth's moon are changing.

Uranus and Neptune appear to have had recent pole shifts. When the Voyager II space probe flew past Uranus and Neptune, the apparent north and south magnetic poles were sizably offset from where the rotational pole was in earlier recordings. In one case, it was 50 degrees off, and in the other case the difference was around 40 degrees.

A change in light intensity and light spot dynamics on Neptune.

Notice in these views by the Hubble Space Telescope
that Neptune's blue-green atmosphere has brightened
considerably.
Credit: NASA, L. Sromovsky, and P. Fry,
University of Wisconsin-Madison

The doubling of the magnetic field intensity on Jupiter (based upon 1992 data), and a series of new states and processes observed on this planet.

A series of Martian atmosphere transformations increasing its biosphere quality.In particularly, a cloudy growth in the equator area and an unusual growth of ozone concentration. The Martian atmosphere claim scientists is getting sizably thicker than it was before. The Mars Observer probe in 1997 lost one of its mirrors, which caused it to crash. This happened because the atmosphere was about twice as dense as NASA had calculated.

The icecaps on Mars virtually melted
within just one year, causing 50-percent
changes in surface features and its atmospheric
density has risen by 200 percent since 1997.
Source: weinholds

Significant physical, chemical and optical changes observed on Venus; an inversion of dark and light spots detected for the first time, and a sharp decrease of sulfur-containing gases in its atmosphere. Venus is also showing marked increases in its overall brightness.

A sudden bright spot that appeared in the clouds of
Venus has scientists stumped as to its cause. Venus’
bright spot, first noticed by amateur astronomer Frank
Melillo of Holtsville, NY on July 19, is not the first such
brightening noticed on our cloudy neighbor, said planetary
scientist Sanjay Limaye of the University of Wisconsin-
Madison.
Katy Texas

Jupiter's energetic charge has risen so high that there is actually a visible tube of ionizing radiation that's formed between the surface of Jupiter and its moon Io. You can actually see the luminous energy tube in photographs that have been taken recently.

These images, taken by the Hubble Space Telescope, reveal changes in Jupiter’s auroral emissions and how small auroral spots just outside the emission rings are linked to the planet’s volcanic moon, Io. The images represent the most sensitive and sharply-detailed views ever taken of Jovian auroras. The top panel pinpoints the effects of emissions from Io, which is about the size of Earth’s moon. The black-and-white image on top, taken in visible light, shows how Io and Jupiter are linked by an invisible electrical current of charged particles called a “flux tube.”

Now all this has been taking place since the last decade or two. What’s in store for us in the very near future?

Back to my question, should we be worried? Perhaps we should be!

References:
www.tmgnow.com...
viewzone2.com...
www.americanchronicle.com...
www.heartcom.org...
www.weinholds.org...
3dastronomer.com...

edit on 15-4-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Yes I've read a compelling case for this before. However, that was some time ago. But basically it was on the iron. The common idea that our sun is iron rich supports it being in the milky way. However one of the supernovas near us, or that contributed to this solar system was a milky way, iron rich star. Apparently the line of absorption, like the front line, is not too far from our solar system, we're rather close, and we're on the wrong side of it. The star Bernard is with us on this side of that front line and its a anomaly, lacking iron. Not to mentions we're at an angle as it, not the normal angle. So there is a very strong possibility we're Sagittarian, not the Milky Way. But its our home now.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Didn't Zorgon do a thread on this recently??

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I've known man-made global warming was BS since the day I found out ALL of the planets have been showing marked increases in temperatures, changes in pressures and gas compositions, etc.

Sure, we don't HELP things, but, the last I checked, there's no SUV's on Saturn or Jupiter.... Unless there's something ELSE they're not telling us

As to the rest... it's really interesting, isn't it? It's been questioned for eons why we see the Milky Way as we do.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
so does this imply that the famous galactic plane alignment we are due for in very soon(no need to mention the date) is actually a big deal, since its when we really feel the pull and gravitational effect of this galaxy we are sort of invading...

maybe its the tug of war between sagitarius and the milky way that keeps our solar system in a previledge place for life to develop.

we wobble and each time we align with our new galaxy, life rearranges itself.

either way, it mas clear we are the aliens here.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
What an awesome thread. I'm going to enjoy going through all of this.
Thank you OP for the time spent on this.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I've known about this for years. I Believe The Shift will happen this next 1 1/2 - 2 YRs when the Milky Way gets it's final hold on us.

Everything in our Solar System will increase in energy, vibration, freq., etc.
edit on 15-4-2011 by AlteredTom because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AlteredTom

It always makes me laugh when people start talking about a year or two. People these changes won't be felt a year or two or three or hundred from now. This process has been going on for millions of years and will continue to do so for more millions.

How can people be so naive as to think that their small little miserable lifes will be the one to witness such epicness and grandiosity from space?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well obviously this has been going on for Millions of years. It's not too far fetched of an idea to think that maybe the process is almost over.

If you read my comment, I said when the MW get's it's final hold on us. Not that it's going to swoop us up from an external galaxy within the next couple years.

Look up the Galactic Shift.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Nice thread, well put together and beautiful pictures, however, to link it all to global warming is preposterous. What you are describing is something that takes place during immense amount of time. We are talking hundreds of millions of years. The merging has been going on for billions of years.

There is no way you can link it to any events that have been witnessed by humans because we havent been around for long enough.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Even if the process is almost over. Do you know what "almost over" translates to in the galactic scale? It translates to at least another million years.

P.S.: Stop being so naive!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Very interesting thread OP well done

One thing that struck me whilst reading is the impact on the quantum level, i.e the notion of particles being affected over distance, and how corresponding particles would behave here on earth, its a fascinating area of interest, and I haven't done it justice by trying to explain my position here, maybe someone can put it into more eloquent terms .

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Even if the process is almost over. Do you know what "almost over" translates to in the galactic scale? It translates to at least another million years.
2,999,998 years down and 2 years to go?

You're right, it doesn't quite work that way. Andromeda is bigger than Saggitarius so it will take longer but the collision between the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies will take roughly 3.5 billion years to play out, I happen to have the graphic uploaded (part of it):

www.cfa.harvard.edu...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/378aee1c0056.png[/atsimg]

Even after 4.5 billion years, 2.5 billion years the collision started, the central cores still haven't merged, that takes about another billion years as can be seen in the rest of the graphic in the link.

I guess the stars are so far apart in most of the galaxy it's not as messy as you might think for a collision, but I suspect it's worse when the cores merge since the star density is so much greater in the galactic core.

edit on 15-4-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Galactic cannabilism sure does boggle the mind. Makes you wonder about the universe and how really small and insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is interesting to learn about. It doesn't matter if we learn something new about our universe. I can't wait to see aliens.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

It always makes me laugh when people start talking about a year or two. People these changes won't be felt a year or two or three or hundred from now. This process has been going on for millions of years and will continue to do so for more millions.

How can people be so naive as to think that their small little miserable lifes will be the one to witness such epicness and grandiosity from space?

Because this meshing together of these two galaxies is causing changes in our Solar System considering that it is now passing through the path of Sagittarius’ debris during its 240 million-year orbit around the Milky Way galaxy! As Majewski says, "Remarkably, stars from Sagittarius are now raining down onto our present position in the Milky Way.”

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

And you think "raining down" means like raindrops...

No! I'm gonna tell you again. Raining down in a galactic scale doesn't mean within a few years. It means within million of years.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Fantastic post! Very interesting and very detailed. Thank you for taking the time to put it all together.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

And you think "raining down" means like raindrops...

No! I'm gonna tell you again. Raining down in a galactic scale doesn't mean within a few years. It means within million of years.

No one in his right mind would think of raining in the literal sense!!
It means that the effects are being seen in the Solar System for the last several decades with increasing intensity. There's going to be no 'bang' for your buck!
But the effects are being felt. And then this doesn't mean that stars would be 'raining down'. It's the dust and other cosmic material that we're passing through like the Leonid meteor shower, but this one is cosmic 'dust' of the Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Very interesting, although i had read about it some timeago

What I don't understand is the sensationalist "Should we be worrying??"
What's worry have to do with anything? Awe, maybe, but worry?
Aren't we a little more grown up than that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join