It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Veteran says Bin Laden is a diversion and not capable of 9/11 attacks.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Sooo why is this source unreliabe? Drunk, wifebeater child molester, which card are the 911 deniers going to draw?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

"Bin Laden" aka Tim Osman was trained by the CIA in California for months a one point. Pretty interesting research when you look him up. I know there have been threads on this site about it, but here are a few links to get the research started.

whatreallyhappened.com...

www.google.com...://www.911myths.com/assets/images/Osman.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.911myths.com/html/tim_osman_was_bin_ladin_.ht ml&usg=__0rp2ex5DPnNztMhDFxDQwnCOHpQ=&h=674&w=576&sz=35&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=SaNYej2voA-NeM:&tbnh=162&tbnw=138&ei=4AKmTd_aIoywvgPSrMCECg&prev=/s earch%3Fq%3DTim%2BOsman%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D677%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Divnso&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=556&vpy=283&dur=1831&hovh=243&hovw= 208&tx=112&ty=118&oei=uwKmTebsIae30gHk2LnFCA&page=1&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

Bin Laden visiting Oxford. I wonder if his brothers knew Clinton.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bd96a7f30ad.jpg[/atsimg]

news.bbc.co.uk...

Saudi-born Bin Laden did not appear to be into rock music or fashion, and did not like the 1970s London scene, the El Correo newspaper reported. He used to tell the Spanish girls that the foreigners who walked around London were a bit crazy.

The photograph (above) was taken in an Oxford park, where the woman recalled going for a walk one evening after taking tea. Bin Laden (far right) appears with his older brothers and seems a gangly teenager, with a slightly awkward smile.

edit on 13-4-2011 by Yankee451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
everyone knows this... no one believes it was OBL.. and if you show me someone who does.. well, that person doesn't think too much.. i think even OBL himself said he didnt do it..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Odd bin Laden is still wandering free eleven years later. Either this unusually tall man is equipped with a cloaking device or we are not really trying to get him - because we know he is not responsible. That fits too. Or maybe he was guilty but now he's working for our side. You just never know where anyone stands with the CIA anymore. Our President their President, everyone's a target until proven guilty and then they go free.

Maybe this will be the re-election trick for Obama .. bring in bin laden ... and make himself look like a hero ..
poor bin laden ... will be hanged by his own buddies in the US GOVT for a re-election push ...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Even though I think there's no big conspiracy, I've always wondered why the attacks happened on the exact same day the military was having a drill where the WTC was being hit by a plane.

I'll never understand that unless Bin Laden himself knew what we were doing b4 we did it. He had to have known we were planning those drills on that day and that's when he struck.

The military's failure was in: a) not knowing the difference between a real hijacked plane heading for WTC and a fake radar blip b) not foreseeing something like this happening beforehand. If they could have guessed something like this would happen, they could have implemented better safeguards. Otherwise, they pretty much could never do the drill without also taking the risk that a terrorist would strike in the same time period. I think they failed because they did not foresee.

I'm not surprised, though. They get money handed to them. They've never had to earn it. Both parties throw money at the defense department. We have billions that're unaccounted for.

In the end, that's how Bin Laden got us. He exploited our weaknesses.
edit on 13-4-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

They couldve shot down the second and third plane at least..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Reply to:
Are you seriously saying that on 9/11 2001 it was to be expected that any errant airliner, carrying various numbers of innocent civilians, should have expected to be shot out of the sky promptly ?!!

------------------
Even if he s not suggesting that. oh sweet irony...that is also the bitter truth. They should have expected that because they were running warGAMES just like THAT -preparing for terrorist attacks just like THAT -THAT day .
this is one of the given (official) reasons why they screwed up so badly....
--

and to osama....IMO he is dead already, most of his videos in the aftermath were obv fake anyway, ..dead by natural causes..no dialyses in the mountains..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Tell us where they could or would have shot down the planes ?

Problem is closer to NYC or Wash DC you get the higher the population. Just where do you shoot do a
plane so it doesnt cause collateral damage on the ground ?

Also what do you shoot it down with? Many of the planes in the air that morning were diverted from training
missions - no missiles, luck to have few rounds of training )non explosive) ammo for 20mm

One pilot of unarmed F16 was contenplating how to ram the plane, yet give hime time to eject......

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Military is always running drills - is rare to find a day where some command is not running a drill of some
type

Just because there were drills on the date does not mean that Bin laden knew of the drill or was somehow
involved.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
of course neither bin Laden...nor the other self proclaimed 'master-mind' Khalid Sheik Mohammed
were there when the brain storm was hatched...

a small cadre of high minded Arabs that were gaming the USA & CIA with flight schooling
and piloting commercial airliners in the future for their homelands were the instigators & initiators
of the wild and daring scheme....
my best guess is that there were 8 sworn, oath taking , militant Arab men... possibly with some
leaning toward Wahabbist radicalism..that formed the 'core' of the 4 two-man teams that reckoned
they would indeed commandeer the commercial crafts...

it was when KSM heard of the scheme that the additional 3 person hijackers were assigned to the flights only days before the operation was to take place...that was to ensure that the flight would be hijacked and the two-man team of pilot/co-pilot would steer to their destination target...(after leaving the regular flight tems to take them within 70% of their target)....either WTC or the Pentagon.

regular, everyday - metal box cutters caught me by surprise..
.i had thought that sharpened plastic or composite 12" daggars would be the instruments to shock & awe to put the passengers and crew into a state of frozen immobility for the time needed to commandeeer the aircrafts. --- a slashed civilian or stewardess' throat would be the primary attack that would daze and confuse the cabin and cockpit into immobility.

OBL & KSM were both 'out fishin'...while the secret cadre of 'nobodys' were the genesis of what has become the 911.... i still wonder how & where all the 8 to 12 cohorts met/discussed/planned the scheme===
was it after the Bojinka plan failed??
i still feel the idea was birthed in Maylasia, where the other AsianWorld 'twin-towers' still stand

Petronas Towers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
...The Petronas Towers are skyscrapers and twin towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
They were the tallest buildings in the world from 1998 to 2004 until surpassed by Taipei 101, but remain...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Twin_Towers

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Everyone, including this cia veteran is entitled to their opinion.

My father in law who is also a cia veteran of 20 plus years says that bin laden is absolutely capable of planning and executing the 9-11 attacks. He was suprised it took him this long to execute something of this size.

It depends on who or what story you want to believe. Like I said, everyone has an opinion and some will garner more attention then others.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If you look on the 10 Top Wanted FBI list you will see OBL on there. He is not wanted for 9/11. It is not not even mentioned. It never has. He is wanted for something in Africa.
WANTED: Usama Bin Laden
NOTICE the U in Usama bin Laden. Maybe it is not the same guy.

edit on 13-4-2011 by sirjunlegun because: usama

edit on 13-4-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Another funny coincidence. America could have almost immediately invaded Afghanistan and captured Bin Laden, killed him and left. However instead of doing so they launched a bunch of airstrikes on already destroyed Taliban infastructure(thanks to years of civil war and the war against the Soviet Union). Finally Bush decided to invade but by then it was already to late. I wondery why? I mean, the neocons ussually love invading a country immediately upon findinng the smallest justification/ Why did they wait before invading Afghanistan?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
Everyone, including this cia veteran is entitled to their opinion.

My father in law who is also a cia veteran of 20 plus years says that bin laden is absolutely capable of planning and executing the 9-11 attacks. He was suprised it took him this long to execute something of this size.

It depends on who or what story you want to believe. Like I said, everyone has an opinion and some will garner more attention then others.

yeah i think there's a pretty big difference to Milt Bearden and your father inlaw.

Milt Bearden
Retired Senior CIA Officer

after thirty years in the CIA's clandestine services Bearden rose through the ranks to become one of CIA's most senior officers.

For his work in Sudan Milt Bearden was awarded the Intelligence Medal of Merit, the Agency's second highest decoration.

In the spring of 1986, Bearden was selected by Bill Casey to take charge of the CIA Covert Action supporting a flagging Afghan Resistance.

For his service in Afghanistan Bearden was awarded the agency's highest decoration, the Distinguished Intelligence Medal.

For his service in Germany, Milt Bearden was honored by the German President with the Federal Cross of Merit, the only such decoration ever given to a CIA Chief in the Federal Republic.

From 1989-92, Bearden directed the CIA's clandestine operations against a decaying Soviet Empire. During this period Bearden was awarded the CIA's unique Donovan Award

i could go on with the awards and medals this man acquired in his time,
he worked with Robert DeNiro on Meet the Parents so Robert DeNiro could get in character for the part he played.

as i've said before this man's record speaks volumes for his integrity,so YES his view on this does hold weight,as this man was a CIA legend in afghanistan.

trying to dis-credit this man for his unique knowledge on afghanistan,is like saying einstein didnt have a clue about physics honestly.

so when he says bin laden wasn't capable of this i believe him....at the time he said his statement(less then 24 hours after the event),he was replying to a rumour going round it was bin laden.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I am shocked that people still believe Bin Laden was part of the planning of 9/11! Why? Where us the evidence? And I hear there are even people still to this day that believe there were weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq and that Iraq had something to do with 9/11! I am an Australian though and we still have news programs that report news and not political agendas.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Everyone has been saying it is beyond Osama bin Laden's ability, even Osama bin Laden said it.

"the most expensive defense system in the world"
VS
"unarmed passenger jets with no stealth or anything"

Common, either it was deliberate (US involvement), or the most expensive defense system is a lie.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Thats a pretty bold statement considering you don't know who my father in law is. No I will not divulge his info, that is not for me to do.

I'm not discrediting this guy, he could be right, I happen to know someone with first hand knowledge of the subject and he says the opposite.

It all depends on whos opinion you want to put stock in. Obviously the popular opinion is one where you know a great deal about the person and I'm cool with that. I was just putting out there that there is a conflicting opinion from someone just as knowledgeable as your expert.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

listen my friend,i'm not saying you father in law was and is not privy to a lot of information...but we have to take into perspective that milt bearden was the senior CIA man in change in afghanistan,and was detrimental in arming the mujahideen,and helping bin laden organised a resistance in the russian occupation

...so when he says 9/11 was beyond bin laden,and has to be someone else you have to take notice when were investigating the evidence,as he was on the ground dealing with these people on a daily basis....

you also find that mr bearden changes his tune about what he said that day,later on as time went by,as if to fall inline with the official story.

i want to make this clear,i dont like working on mere speculation,i like to gather legit intell before i post a comment,and if you like to investigate yourself you see my findings are correct.

thanks
TheMaverick.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Can someone please explain to me what is so impossible about a handful of arabs obtaining flight training and, with some muscle back-up, hi-jacking 4 civilian aircraft ?

It is not as though there haven't been multiple hi-jackings of planes by arabs in the past.

middleeast.about.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join