It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Veteran says Bin Laden is a diversion and not capable of 9/11 attacks.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This was recorded the day after 9/11...and even to this day bin laden is still at large....personally i never believed bin laden was the master mind of 9/11,and was and is being used to create the world were now living in.

An interview by CBS News' Dan Rather of a CIA veteran who suspects the 9/11 attacks were beyond the ability of Osama Bin Laden and who believes the reported capabilities of Bin Laden are more myth than fact.

Recorded 9/12/2001.

i did a search on ATS,and came back with nothing concerning this,so i though i share it with you all,and have it in the 9/11 ATS Archives.

TheMaverick

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Some time back on another 9/11 thread a member commented on just how stupid bin Laden's plan was on paper. A plan that involved known hijacked airliners casually in the air for an hour before attacking. If it weren't for all the "coincidences" on how our air defenses failed that day the plan on paper was an abomination. They wouldn't have a had a chance of succeeding if things went normal that day.

You'd think one of his lieutenants in the cave eating couscous who'd have stopped an said, "You know Osama you're a serious dumbass. There's no way this crazy plan will work!"

Seems like this guy is basically saying the same thing.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
the good thing about this recording,is it's the day after the 9/11 attacks,before it became unpatriotic to discredit the official story.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

trouble is
the guy in the cave,
cheney
said
the stand down order still stands...

ooops silly me..cave...
heh heh
I ment BUNKER

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Odd bin Laden is still wandering free eleven years later. Either this unusually tall man is equipped with a cloaking device or we are not really trying to get him - because we know he is not responsible. That fits too. Or maybe he was guilty but now he's working for our side. You just never know where anyone stands with the CIA anymore. Our President their President, everyone's a target until proven guilty and then they go free.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by Hessling

trouble is
the guy in the cave,
cheney
said
the stand down order still stands...

ooops silly me..cave...
heh heh
I ment BUNKER

Cheney: So, after this is done Osama, want to go bird hunting?

Osama: Ummmm, let me get back to you on that. (Whispering to another..."HELP ME!")
edit on 13-4-2011 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Heres a sane and sober observation by an expert in the business.Its only really hours since the attack.....
What i want to know is why wasnt a Team B assigned to track down the sources independantly?
It only makes total sense for that to happen.....
The immediate crowning of Osama Ben Ladin to the criminal ownership of this event is suspicious in itself, comming almost immediately after the event itself.(Yet no credit was taken by the perpetrators which is also very unusual after these type of attacks.)
MyGut tells me this guys gut was right on the money!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Wow so it must be true because people from the CIA are known to tell the truth and never ever make up stuff.. If he had ever been in the CIA and If he did in fact hold a position where he had access to the information you you are referring to. And most importantly IF IT WERE ACTUALLY TRUE. He would be dead. I

If they had not got to him yet and IF he was ex CIA and IF IT WAS TRUE. He certainly would know the danger he's in He would know how to and make every effort to disguise his voice and facial features at least..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08

If they had not got to him yet and IF he was ex CIA and IF IT WAS TRUE.

CIA senior officer Milton Bearden

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Maybe he's a lamb, the only guy in the CIA they didn't tell. Who knows? Can't kill everybody or you start to attract unwanted attention.

He said bin Laden couldn't have done something this sophisticated, something that went off without a hitch and if bin Laden didn't exist they'd have to make him up. You make a good point though, is this guy still alive?

Always thought it strange when all air traffic was grounded the "good" bin Ladens were given PRESIDENTIAL PERMISSION to fly out of the US. Back to hell or Saudi Arabia where ever theyre from. Why would you do that if this guy is a suspect. Doesn't even sound like a Cheney move. We should have waterboarded them all. Of course this is a jest but really, looks like we treat our own soldiers worse sometimes than relatives of the guy that killed thousands and literally tore down an American Icon. As if to say IN YOUR FACE (a lot like what "we" did with the bronze statue of Saddam Hussein -hmmm?)
www.sourcewatch.org...

Toppling the statue of Saddam Hussein was a staged event, by U.S. soldiers, for the media. A Reuters long-shot of Firdos Square where the statue was located (see below) shows that the Square was nearly empty when Saddam was torn down. The Square was sealed off by the U.S. military. The 200 people milling about were U.S. Marines, international press and Iraqis. However, the media portrayed it as an event of the Iraqi people.

Interesting Rather says on day 2

"Its pretty obvious that judgment is coalescing around the President that it was Osama bin Laden."

He also says things like "maybe there's another answer out there" and when asked his gut instincts say "there is quite possibly something else out there" but he doesn't offer up the name of a group of possibilities, not one other country. If this was disinfo you think he would have offered somebody anybody.
Also interesting he says when people say bin Laden is the only one capable he says he tells them "He is the only one YOU KNOW thats capable of this kind of (large scale super sophisticated) attack." Unless they are hiding another superpower here somewhere we pretty much know them all.

Say for the sake of argument you were GWB and you were part of a giant conspiracy on this level what would you do after? Would you go into hiding and not say much? Lay low and not attract too much attention. Just like bin Laden did. It is sounding like a playbook.
If 9/11 was not bin Laden by the time they put the pieces together all the guilty will be dead and maybe that was all a part of the plan too.

edit on 13-4-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Heres a sane and sober observation by an expert in the business.Its only really hours since the attack.....
What i want to know is why wasnt a Team B assigned to track down the sources independantly?
It only makes total sense for that to happen.....
The immediate crowning of Osama Ben Ladin to the criminal ownership of this event is suspicious in itself, comming almost immediately after the event itself.(Yet no credit was taken by the perpetrators which is also very unusual after these type of attacks.)
MyGut tells me this guys gut was right on the money!

Now that you mention it. Don't we typically WAIT a little while and wait for someone to boast or take credit for these types of attacks when they happen in other countries? Why did the media run with Osama bin Laden from day 1 or 2? The media had to have been complicit in any coverup.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If you follow the money you may find that the real 911 hijackers, (not those named on fake, mossad supplied passports), families are now living a life of comfort.
Paid in Israelli & US dollars for the sacrifice made for their families benefit.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

In the spring of 1986, Bearden was selected by Bill Casey to take charge of the CIA Covert Action supporting a flagging Afghan Resistance. The end of the war was symbolically marked by the final march of Soviet troops across Friendship Bridge over the Oxus River on February 15, 1989, thus ending almost ten years of struggle. For his service in Afghanistan Bearden was awarded the agency's highest decoration, the Distinguished Intelligence Medal.

For his work in Sudan Milt Bearden was awarded the Intelligence Medal of Merit, the Agency's second highest decoration.

source

i think we can safely say this man in the know,when it comes to bin laden and the Afghan people so he knows what his talking about,we can't dis-credit him....his record in the CIA speaks volumes of the man.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Osama bin Ladin wasn't the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks anyway, so what's the big deal?

Also, keep in mind that this was the day after the attacks. It was some time before all the info about the hijackers were dug out.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This seriously still has to be discussed?...A more obvious con couldn't have been orchestrated...

" We're searching for Bin Laden so we're gonna attack Saddam Hussein. "

A blind&deaf person somwhere probably went...pff...bullsh!t.
edit on 13-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

When is a CIA asset no longer a CIA asset? I always thought it was "once CIA, always CIA."

I marvel at how these "terrorists" seem to always give the gift of an attack which can be used to justify a long planned "counter" attack. If "terrorists" aren't stupid, then it stands to reason they're not fighting for the cause we're told they are.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Excuse me, I'm confused. I thought the CIA was "in on" the conspiracy. This must have been the guy who was briefing the Bush Administration on probable Al Qaeda attacks and was at the same time assuring them that the warning were insignificant and should be ignored because Osama just didn't have the resources or capability for such an attack. That's comforting to know.

So, in essence this guy is confirming that the Bush Administration was correct in their assessment of those warnings, right?

Now, if it hadn't been for Mineta's big mouth and poor memory there would have been no knowledge of Cheney's involvement, right? Since we're talking about Cheney's stand down order, how in the world was UA 93 shot down during this stand down order period or was that only effective for the Pentagon attack?

So many questions, so few answers.

edit on 13-4-2011 by Reheat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm sure it's chock full of valuable information, but about 1 minute into it I had to turn it off.

I don't understand why everyone with windows movie maker and sony vegas is suddenly a "producer" and has to make every youtube video they make a "production". The still shots and silly little camera clicks every 12 seconds made it all unbearable for me.

If you can find an actual interview without all the "production" I'd like to see it.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

Some time back on another 9/11 thread a member commented on just how stupid bin Laden's plan was on paper. A plan that involved known hijacked airliners casually in the air for an hour before attacking. If it weren't for all the "coincidences" on how our air defenses failed that day the plan on paper was an abomination. They wouldn't have a had a chance of succeeding if things went normal that day.

You'd think one of his lieutenants in the cave eating couscous who'd have stopped an said, "You know Osama you're a serious dumbass. There's no way this crazy plan will work!"

Seems like this guy is basically saying the same thing.

Are you seriously saying that on 9/11 2001 it was to be expected that any errant airliner, carrying various numbers of innocent civilians, should have expected to be shot out of the sky promptly ?!!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

classic thread derailment...

were talking about bin laden and a respected CIA man,with a deep history in afghanistan and the regions saying the day after the attack,his not buying that it's bin laden,and it has to be someone else,its beyond bin laden...
just a little refresher in-case you wasn't paying attention.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join