It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Takes on Uncle Sam over 911 with documents in hand.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Why do people always say Jesse Ventura wasnt a SEAL? navyseals.com says he was....

www.navyseals.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

from en.wikipedia.org...

"Navy career

From September 11, 1969, to September 10, 1975, during the Vietnam War era, Ventura served in the United States Navy. While on active duty, Ventura was part of Underwater Demolition Team 12 (UDT). The UDTs were merged with the US Navy SEALs in 1983, 8 years after Ventura had left the Navy.

Bill Salisbury, an attorney in San Diego and a former Navy SEAL officer, accused Ventura of "pretending" to be a SEAL and wrote that Ventura would be blurring an important distinction by claiming to be a SEAL when he was actually a frogman with the UDT. Compared to SEAL teams, UDTs saw less combat and took fewer casualties. Following that, Governor Ventura's office confirmed that Ventura was never a member of the SEALs. His spokesman stated that Ventura has never tried to convince people otherwise. Ventura stated: "Today we refer to all of us as SEALs; that's all it is."

Ventura has frequently referred to his military career in public statements and debates. He was criticized by hunters and conservationists for stating in an interview with the Minneapolis StarTribune in April 2001, "Until you have hunted men, you haven't hunted yet."

In January 2002, Ventura, who had never specifically claimed to have fought in Vietnam, disclosed for the first time that he did not see combat. He did not receive the Combat Action Ribbon, which was awarded to those involved in a firefight or who went on clandestine or special operations where the risk of enemy fire was great or expected."

As you can see, Jesse is about image and some people find it difficult to accept.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

yea, but what makes a seal a seal is BUDS and he passed it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
reply to post by pteridine

yea, but what makes a seal a seal is BUDS and he passed it.

At that time BUDS was "Basic Underwater Demolition School" and was attended by UDT and EOD. SEALS were a selected group from UDT. SEALs now have formal training in land warfare and go to jump school. Jesse was UDT and not SEAL.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

I plan on reading it though when I can get it at the dollar store.

edit on 6-4-2011 by Rocky Black because: Typos

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Are you for real??
Seriously are you for real???
Your showing me opie and anthony. Are you kidding me????

Shame on him for even sitting down with those losers.

Yes losers they are losers.

Listen to opie. I am surprise he didn't reach across and punch him in the face. A hole .

Come on if that is the best you got. You lose my friend hands down.

Next

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join