It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealthcam film captures luminous flying "creature" close up

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mainhitman

Clearly it is a bat in my opinion.

By the way I doubt that it is all white. That is an effect of the night vision. Note that it is brightest when it passes the centre of the screen where the IR from the camera light is strongest and then fades in brightness as it goes out of that area.

edit on 24/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks for the grabs - it really does look like a bat. And this is the right season for them to start emerging.

Edit: And they can fly slowly:

en.wikipedia.org...

It is also one of the most maneuverable in flight. With short, broad wings, it can fly at low speeds using minimal energy. Because of this adaptation, it is not suited for long-distance travel, and is non-migratory

I know it's not this species because this has a desert habitat, but it reinforces the possibility.
edit on 24-3-2011 by OhioPariah because: Additional info

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So this is meant to be at night time so no light right? Why is there a 'black shadow' following the object just above it? Also why doesn't the fox have a shadow so prominent as the one that the white object has? Also the shadow doesn't seem to change even when it goes over the fox. I may be wrong.

ETA - If there is a light source (thought it was night vision) I guess you wouldn't be able to see the foxes shadow from that angle.
edit on 24-3-2011 by eathis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Really??
Im not too sure as to the what itsfront of my eyes....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Way to make the guy shut his channel down, guess he took the moth bit a little to seriously.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It's really annoying when people post things to end up butthurt and removing the original content from the post making essentially all the room that the thread took up completely pointless and a waste.

I did want to see the video but nope not there cause of peoples OPINIONS.
Don't go asking for them if you can't handle it and also just because a few people may not agree with you doesn't mean that others won't.
Getting rid of the content just makes OP look like a troll.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
umm...so i got in an arguement with my girlyfren on youtube and deleted my youtube profile as a result. lol. anyway, so my position now is that it was a large white light bodied floating winter moth??? thats what it looks like at least. to me, its the same thing as seeing a penguin in the death valley desert. after i saw it, i would say, "hey, that looked like a penguin". and then i would say, "shipt, thats an anomaly. shrugs.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by mainhitman

Clearly it is a bat in my opinion.

By the way I doubt that it is all white. That is an effect of the night vision. Note that it is brightest when it passes the centre of the screen where the IR from the camera light is strongest and then fades in brightness as it goes out of that area.

edit on 24/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

WOW, wait. i didnt see this when i wrote the above post. THANK YOU SIR for yr analysis and photo captures. clearly it is a bat, floating slowly, and i have built a bat-box hotel that is mounted less than 100 feet from the location. i would really like to shake your hand - that was really what i was after.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Woah - is this the first mystery solved on ATS where the OP actually agrees with the findings? My faith has been restored!

Edit to suggest moonshadow, BTW.
edit on 25-3-2011 by OhioPariah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join