It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealthcam film captures luminous flying "creature" close up

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Your "facts" about butterflies is wrong on several accounts.

The thing flutters like a butterfly and clearly shows two wings like a butterfly.

The flight about two or three feet off the ground is typical for butterflies.

Intensely roaming the same area is a butterful characteristic.

Maybe a moth. They fly at night. They are attracted to light.
They seem to emerge into the environment in the spring before butterflies. Some are huge and closely resemble butterflies in structure and performance.

The animal is facing away, but most animals such as that catch motion quite well coming in from their flank. The animal is not spooked by the butterfly/moth. That would be normal.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You know I really don't understand why people post threads asking for people to identify stuff and then just argue about each answer.. lol. We gave our our opinions no need to get defensive about your ecological background.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by linkshot1000
It´s a cold moth, if it was anything un-usual it would of spooked the fox.

so ur saying if it was "non-physical" the fox WOULD notice it, but if its physical the fox wouldnt [didnt] notice it? kinda backwards logic brah

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ComplexSimplicity
You know I really don't understand why people post threads asking for people to identify stuff and then just argue about each answer.. lol. We gave our our opinions no need to get defensive about your ecological background.

hey, the dood claimed to be a phd in 6 different subjects, he needed a spanking.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Looks like a partially crumpled reciept for a 6 pack of beers, being blown by the wind. that fell out of someones pocket.
More likely then a butterfly or giant moth IMHO.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

The thing flutters like a butterfly and clearly shows two wings like a butterfly.

They seem to emerge into the environment in the spring before butterflies. Some are huge and closely resemble butterflies in structure and performance.

The animal is facing away, but most animals such as that catch motion quite well coming in from their flank. The animal is not spooked by the butterfly/moth. That would be normal.

ok, heres why you are making things up. first, no phd teaches in 6 subjects and u never replied to that fact.

it has butterfly chracteristics, clearly. thats not the issue. as for a heavy bodied moth lightly floating, get into a species identification book for the pacific northwest coast, there are no floating thin bodied moths. you act as if all moths are in all ecosystems.

as to your last point, foxes eat moths. in fact, a fox would love a big moth like this. so according to yr fox-peripheral perception theory, it must be a non-physical entity of the fox would have eaten it.

yours was the best attempt at analysis, but what u gave was in fact opnion, and had nothing to do with ecological facts on the ground. ecosystems contain specific species that function in particular ways during particular seasons. i cant educate you on basics if you dont understand basics.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomadmonkey
Looks like a partially crumpled reciept for a 6 pack of beers, being blown by the wind. that fell out of someones pocket.
More likely then a butterfly or giant moth IMHO.

ahahahahahaaha...agreed. it looks like one of those filiment cloth things in the space station vids a bit, the way it floats.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

and btw, there was no "light" for a moth to be attracted to. its an infrared stealthcam, man.

but heres an interesting thing about that. since its infrared, the "objects" shadow must be from the moon. but someone noted the fox DID NOT cast a shadow. so why would the object? is it possible for a nonphysical entity to cast an infrared shadow when a fox would not? weird.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mainhitman

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainhitman

ok, heres why you are making things up. first, no phd teaches in 6 subjects and u never replied to that fact.

it has butterfly chracteristics, clearly. thats not the issue. as for a heavy bodied moth lightly floating, get into a species identification book for the pacific northwest coast, there are no floating thin bodied moths. you act as if all moths are in all ecosystems.

as to your last point, foxes eat moths. in fact, a fox would love a big moth like this. so according to yr fox-peripheral perception theory, it must be a non-physical entity of the fox would have eaten it.

yours was the best attempt at analysis, but what u gave was in fact opnion, and had nothing to do with ecological facts on the ground. ecosystems contain specific species that function in particular ways during particular seasons. i cant educate you on basics if you dont understand basics.

You fail to realize that you are probably dealing with an ordinary event and trying too hard to interpret it as an exotic event.

I would ask for a better argument from you than a statement that it is not a butterfly or a moth when it gives every evidence of being just that. Your wanting it to be something exotic is not enough.

I appreciate the thread, but I can't accept your contention. You'll have to accept that, it goes with the territory.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I showed this video to my girlfriend she said that she thought it looks as though it could be a albino bat which isn't to far off if you think about all other all of a sudden appearances of other albino species!!!! Do you Know if you seen these around before

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Where was this taken? You say Far Northern COASTAL Ca., and then say it had been SNOWING. Coastal Ca. does not get snow unless its a fluke,
Also, Bigfoot country in Ca is not on the coast, it happens to be as follows:
The Bigfoot Scenic Byway is Northern California’s Highway 96 from Happy Camp, California, to Willow Creek, California

Ohh.. I vote moth.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
ive seen moths that big before

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by malicacid922002
I showed this video to my girlfriend she said that she thought it looks as though it could be a albino bat which isn't to far off if you think about all other all of a sudden appearances of other albino species!!!! Do you Know if you seen these around before

i havent seen an albino, but small brown bats are prolific here, and ive even built a "bathouse" on the property to entice bats. interesting theory.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

so have i, but not in this ecosystem, and not floating, but flapping like a hummingbird. im actually shocked at the lack of ecological awareness among americans. it leads to a total detachment from earths life systems, of which ur only a cell. its easy to becoma a food cow if u arent tied to the ecology. sad.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robbi
Where was this taken? You say Far Northern COASTAL Ca., and then say it had been SNOWING. Coastal Ca. does not get snow unless its a fluke,
Also, Bigfoot country in Ca is not on the coast, it happens to be as follows:
The Bigfoot Scenic Byway is Northern California’s Highway 96 from Happy Camp, California, to Willow Creek, California

Ohh.. I vote moth.

oregon cali border, snow above 2500 feet. i vote similarly, except its the same as seeing a penguin in the desert.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm going to disagree with everyone here. I think it's a feather. The flapping is the edges curved up and spinning on the breeze.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainhitman

You fail to realize that you are probably dealing with an ordinary event and trying too hard to interpret it as an exotic event.

I would ask for a better argument from you than a statement that it is not a butterfly or a moth when it gives every evidence of being just that. Your wanting it to be something exotic is not enough.

I appreciate the thread, but I can't accept your contention. You'll have to accept that, it goes with the territory.

i dont fail to realize anything - i simply expected a higher level of factual analysis. instead , u simply farted in my general direction with opinion based upon failed logic while falsely defining yrself as an expert for ego sake.

you falsely stated, based upon your observation that: "The flight about two or three feet off the ground is typical for butterflies. Intensely roaming the same area is a butterful characteristic. "

im sorry, but thats simply ridiculous. butterflies migrate between continents. butterflies roost in tree tops. we commonly see butterflies near ground level when they are feeding on flowers. there are no flowers this time of year. my frustration with you is that u posture what u consider logic which is in fact, WRONG and not factual. ur a quick farter, but slow on the draw with brains. NOT my fault.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Its a fairy!
or a bit of plastic in a breezz

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
im actually sad people missed this. shame on ats. the weather outside right now, same as it has been for weeks, raining and sleeting and cold...i can tell u honestly, as someone with extensive wilderness experience. i wouldnt last 16 hours outside right now naked without gear. and beautiful large white luminous butterflies are floating by? ok. but man, if u cant see how weird that # is, u really have zero ecological consciousness, and live in a fabricated reality outside earth's true ecological matrix which nurtures you.

the end result is a cow. an animal NOT indigenous to its current ecosystem, living seprated, fed, owned, cloned, and stupid by animal standards. thats what this butterfly video says to me. american programmed monkeys are actually scary animals, because they are responsible for cultures that allow nuclear meltdowns, and species extinction, in the honor of microwave ovens, justin bieber, and selfish self motivation far removed from the great eco-cooperation that is nature. the result? mcdonalds food and banking elites, ravaged ecosystems, and the stupidest most soulless humans the earth has eever seen.

thats what the lack of awareness or analysis of a butterfly shows me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join