It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple under fire for 'gay conversion' app

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well... it does make sense the application was developed for the Iphone...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Can a man and man become pregnant and a woman and woman become pregnant?? ummmm I think not because nature DIDN'T intend it to happen.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Whats the problem with this app?

The problem with the App is that it is stupid, that's why and built on ignorance and the prejudice that homosexuality- and Sexuality in the whole- is changeable, which it is not- only "Flowing".

Because it endeavors to provide steps for an individual to change their lifestyle?
Firstly, Homosexuality is not a lifestyle, Homosexuality is a Sexual Orientation. What the individual then chooses to "do" with it or how to live His/Hers life, is, however, a lifestyle, but that is not what those behind the text means, but the orientation. Probably Evangelists.

Why is this any different than an app that helps you lose weight? Clearly there are folks who are biologically and/or emotionally geared to being overweight and over eating and there are a bunch of apps that are meant to help those folks change their lifestyle.

Probably because; While an add constructed for helping people to lose weight is meant to help people with a potential physical handicap and disease(Depending on the weight, ofcourse), this is pointing out a big accusing finger on Homosexual people because of their orientation, trying to A: Tell them that they suffer from a disease, which they do not, although it was so believed in the older Medical Society. And B: Homosexuals is not interested in being "Cured" as they do not consider themselves to be diseased. The only times homosexuals have tried to be "Cured" is when they have been forced so, often because a religious person, group or family have preached to them that they will be going to Hell if they do not "Repent".

This is no different.
Actually, it is.

If the gay pressure groups are that concerned about this, why don't they simply come up with an app to assist folks to come out of the closet?
They do all the time, where have you been the last decades?

Free speach is free speach.
To a limit, yes.
I've heard these Exodus folks on both the radio and have seen them on TV - they are about two steps away from speaking in tongues and snake charming. Nobody is going to use the app and frankly, having it out there, IMO makes their entire movement look foolish, which it is. If no one is going to use the app, than why is it even there? That alone, just proves how stupid and shortsighted those behind it are- Not that those rolling their eyes about it are "foolish". Actually, if "They" hadn't done anything at all or even reacted, they would have looked truly foolish.
Maybe if you would liken it to if Jews during WW2 would have just shrugged their shoulders or something when the propaganda against them was basuned out.

The level of sensitivity that currently exists in this society is sickening. Get over it
Oh the Irony.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by syncelebrity

Can a man and man become pregnant and a woman and woman become pregnant?? ummmm I think not because nature DIDN'T intend it to happen.

So again, I beg an answer to why homosexual tendencies occur in most animal species on this planet??? You know, the animals that "God" "created".
edit on 3/21/2011 by KILL_DOGG because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by syncelebrity

Job 32-37: Be Wary of those who Claim to Know God’s Will for Your Life

You blaspheme against the infallible Creator by claiming God did not intend for there to be gay people. Repent.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by syncelebrity

Then why do homosexual behaviour exist widely in Nature in nearly 1 500 different Species?
And how about heterosexual men and women that are infertile by nature? Why did Nature do that?
Do you brush your teeth? Why? You were not born with a toothbrush in your moth and nor was it what Nature intended for you.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Because it does not happen in just about every animal species. Get an education and do some research on the people and groups putting out these statistics. SNIFF SNIFF,,, yep I smell an agenda brewing. Humans have sex for pleasure. Animals act on instinct. It's all hormones and instinct. Whenever "homosexuality" is observed in nature it is a show of dominance or when a female in heat is near. It is very unnatural and a choice plain and simple. Nothing wrong with the app. If gays do not like it then noone is forcing them to download it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
So, if being gay is genetic, doesn't it mean that being gay is in fact a genetic "defect"

It could be a genetic "defect", but it's still unknown.

But it's not a choice like some think it is.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Your opinion is that the app is stupid. Apparently the people at Apple do not believe it to be stupid.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

Because it does not happen in just about every animal species. Get an education and do some research on the people and groups putting out these statistics. SNIFF SNIFF,,, yep I smell an agenda brewing. Humans have sex for pleasure. Animals act on instinct. It's all hormones and instinct. Whenever "homosexuality" is observed in nature it is a show of dominance or when a female in heat is near. It is very unnatural and a choice plain and simple. Nothing wrong with the app. If gays do not like it then noone is forcing them to download it.

It's ironic how you tell someone to get an education and then you say homosexuality is a choice when experts in those fields will tell you it's not a choice

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Honestly I can say I dont know...I am ignorant on that question. Answer me this ...why does a dog eat his own crap? Why do many animals eat their own young? Why do they interbreed? These are all questions that cant be answered unless.....can you talk to animals??

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

I said no such thing and your ability to interpret common sense thoughts is lacking...Maybe you will understand someday

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

What?
Please explain this one. God did not intend for there to be gay people. He did not create gay people. God created people. He said be fruitful and multiply. People chose to be gay and go against his word.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Gay conversion? There's an app for that, there are apps for almost anything, if someone thinks they can get some cash, people will exploit any angle, they will probably make money just from people who download the app out of inquisition.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Nature provides ....natural chemicals, herbs, etc so that I can keep good hygiene. Everything comes from nature...so how do you mean nature didn't give it to me?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Harsh. But very true. I haven't met a gay from a good background either.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

Stop lying, don't you know that lying makes your nose grow. And apparently, it also makes you smell bad.

The claim that Sex for pleasure do not exist in Nature, is ridiculously wrong. Maybe you should do some re-educating on the topic- But Without the Bible this time.
Dolphins and Bonobo- Apes are two of many other Species that enjoy sexual acts only for the "feeling"of it.
For instance;

The Amazon River dolphin or Boto has been reported to form up in bands of 3–5 individuals enjoying group sex. The groups usually comprise young males and sometimes one or two females. Sex is performed in non-reproductive ways, using snout, flippers and general rubbing, without regards to gender. They will sometimes perform homosexual penetration of the blowhole, a hole homologous with the nostril of other mammals, making this the only known example of nasal sex in the animal kingdom. The males will sometimes also perform sex with tucuxi males, a small porpoise

Also;

The Bonobo, which has a matriarchal society, unusual amongst apes, is a fully bisexual species—both males and females engage in heterosexual and homosexual behavior, being noted for female-female homosexuality in particular. About 60% of all sexual activity in this species is between two or more females. While the homosexual bonding system in Bonobos represents the highest frequency of homosexuality known in any species, homosexuality has been reported for all great apes (a group which includes humans), as well as a number of other primate species. Dutch primatologist Frans de Waal on observing and filming bonobos noted that there were two reasons to believe sexual activity is the bonobo's answer to avoiding conflict. Anything that arouses the interest of more than one bonobo at a time, not just food, tends to result in sexual contact. If two bonobos approach a cardboard box thrown into their enclosure, they will briefly mount each other before playing with the box. Such situations lead to squabbles in most other species. But bonobos are quite tolerant, perhaps because they use sex to divert attention and to defuse tension. Bonobo sex often occurs in aggressive contexts totally unrelated to food. A jealous male might chase another away from a female, after which the two males reunite and engage in scrotal rubbing. Or after a female hits a juvenile, the latter's mother may lunge at the aggressor, an action that is immediately followed by genital rubbing between the two adults. According to Animal Planet, male anal penetration has never been observed.

Link: en.wikipedia.org...-46
edit on 21-3-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

For every "professional" that says they are born that way there are 2 that say they are not. It appears to be more of a moral choice than you realize. Every so called scientist that sets out to prove genetic homosexuality has an agenda or he would not be researching it at all.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

This entire issue has nothing what so ever to do with homosexuality. It has everything to do with free speach. The fact of the matter is that there folks who have religious beliefs that are anti-homosexuality - OK. I don't share them but they have the right to have them. Phone apps are an explosive form of communication and they have the right to express their views to the extent that they don't incite violence or contain anything that would violate the law in terms of it being offensive.

Your reaction is exactly the problem - get out of formation in the sensitivity parade.

I don't believe there is anything wrong or objectionable with being a homosexual. I find everything wrong and objectionable with pressure groups attempting to limit free speach. I also believe that homosexuals need to be confident in themselves and pardon the pun, stop acting like little girls everytime some ignorant fool expresses an ignorant view they find offensive.

Again to pardon the pun, they need to man up

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
For tech people, which should mean more learned, they demonstrate a total lack of understanding of human AI systems, and programs. Wouldn't be buying an overpriced apple. Linux is a better alternative.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join