It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket funeral for 7 dead Perry County PA siblings!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
These church freaks only further solidify the need to "outlaw ' religion. Yes, I know that would be in direct violation of the 1st Amendment, but these jesus freaks aren't deserving of that Amendment anyhow. As an above poster adequately depicted, that these jesus nuts do in fact need a good curb stomping....insert mouth first!

These people are not Christians and do not represent the true believers in Christ. They are simply using the name of Christ to further their sick motives. So no - they don't show the need to "outlaw" religion, because, in my opinion, they aren't religious (just stupid, cruel, and idiotic).

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

You brought up the money, not me. Personally, I don't think WBC is making a huge amount of money off of this, but if they are, then the flipside is also a possibility. My single, personal motivation would be to help some "natural consequences" fall into place so that these idiots get what they deserve.

I don't regularly attend a church, but I do regularly pray, and I do have a strong faith in a God. I am more of a Deist, if that name were still popular. I am also a Mason.

Hypothetically, If I did have a struggling church with an active membership, especially a Baptist Church, and if I were offended by these WBC protests, then I could see a huge potential to motivate my congregation, get involved in the community, serve as an example of a proper belief system instead of the WBC warped one, witness to the masses, and generate some major donations to benefit my church and hopefully benefit many others through the actions of the church.

There is nothing wrong with mutually beneficial relationships and multi-tasking. A leader of a church is responsible for more than spiritual health, they also have fiscal responsibilities.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Being from Kansas I can tell you folks that WBC has never lost a court case. They have bankrupted many in my home state because of someone speaking out against them. They can and will take all the time they need and use every single legal device against anyone they perceive as an enemy. Unfortunately, every one who isn't a member of their inbred family or a hanger on is the enemy.
We should also remember that even the most insane people can be geniuses and this family happens to be very intelligent even when they are so misguided and cruel.
Will they ever be on the receiving end of some of their own medicine? Probably, but it's going to backfire on those that decide to take matters into their own hands if any of the family is left alive to retaliate! Just a thought on dealing with brilliantly crazy folks!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Because they, unlike you, realize that this is not a Christian organization in any sense of the term... Calling yourself Christian doesn't make you one. Your actions do.

Westboro are conmen. They are also lawyers looking for a payday.

Should it interest you, look into the history of the family before the founding of this so called "church". You'll discover that they are grifters from way back.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

If you really cared to let Mr Cause meet Mr Effect, you'd be paying attention to comings and goings far from cemetaries in the news

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Because they, unlike you, realize that this is not a Christian organization in any sense of the term... Calling yourself Christian doesn't make you one. Your actions do.

Westboro are conmen. They are also lawyers looking for a payday.

Should it interest you, look into the history of the family before the founding of this so called "church". You'll discover that they are grifters from way back.

"Conmen ..are also lawyers.. "? Hey! No need to repeat yourself!
Lotsa lawyers posting too I think, or wannabes, more likely, the constitutionaly weak always identify with the most vicious, until perhaps they mature

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Due to established plans, I won't be able to do any intel gathering until Sunday night and Monday.

The PSP has been alerted, according to the local news and they will prepare-accordingly, if need be.etc.

The Perry Co D.A is concerned about both extreme sides showing up. Didn't mention if he meant the Patroit Guard.

Which, will have to be invited by the family.

I do like the one idea of them having it on private property-away from anyones view/sounds etc. Who knows, them Amish are pretty smart-in their ways.

NOTE TO ANY ATS News entity. If you wish to attend this event and want someone from the area to guide etc, let me know.
(I think it would make a great topic to be covered by ATS-in some format)
edit on 3/11/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
I have a question: Who pays these guys to fly all around the country slandering and disrupting funerals? They seem to do it a lot, who pays the bills?

They sue the crap out of people who fight with them. Thats really all they are, a company that claims to use the 1st amendment in places to start fights, where they sue the people in court in order to gain profits.

At one time the SCOTUS ruled that using speech to start fights was abuse of the 1st amendment, I have no idea why that case isn't used against them.

They will continue to do what they do to make money until either law enforcement shuts them down or a angry family member ends up killing some of them. I'm not advocating violence. They would likely stop if people were killed as the business is a family run business, meaning its children, grandchildren, cousins, etc. The fact that no one has tried after so many years of them doing this stuff has very likely emboldened them, probably causing them to think they are on a mission from G-d and no one can hurt them. Law enforcement needs to step in and shut their nonsense down before they get worse and end up inciting a riot that gets people killed. I advocate intervention by authorities to protect and maintain the peace.

They are truly satanic, is how I see it. You have to be in league with the devil to think it's okay to picket any funeral in which young children died.
Everything they do and every reaction they provoke increases hatred, anger and negativity. They are the dregs of 'humanity' and they seem to actively bring out the worst in others. If that's not satanic, then I don't know what is.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

They have claimed repeatedly that they are a christian group. So they are putting up this front then or are talking out off thier shorts as per usual.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
To put a little more personal touch to it:

Parents struggle, work through grief of losing 7 kids in Perry County fire
www.pennlive.com...

They deserve peace.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I read about what had happened to this family in the news the other day. My heart goes out to them. Sounds like a hard working family working around the clock to provide for their children. I am glad the Jesus loving Amish Community has reached out to them which this stands as a true testament to the Christian faith.

As far as Westboro Baptist Church goes, they are not really Christians, though they claim to be. The proof is in their actions...no where do they evoke Jesus Christ's two greatest commandments which are to love Him with everything you've got and love your neighbor as yourself.

Matthew 22:36-40

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Everyone should know by now that going to church doesn't make one a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes one a car. A church structure, non-profit, using the name Baptist, a group of people, mean-spirited signs invoking hate, loud angry voices, and printing out the word God hates, are absolutely meaningless to Christianity=followers of Christ Jesus. See above bible quote again for clarification.

For some to say on this thread that religion ought to be outlawed because of this outrageously mean spirited church is like saying ALL humans should be hospitalized and closely monitored because there are a few that are prone to getting very sick.

By the way, just think how this so called church, that hides behind a legal group, calling itself a Baptist Church, is working as a non-profit, NOT paying any taxes yet they are more than happy to utilize the great American legal system they profess to hate. If it wasn't so truly sad I'd laugh at how ridiculous it all was.

edit on 3/11/2011 by Key-Minder because: reason for the edit is the speleecinlg

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

the government
That's who is paying for them to fly all over and # up peoples rights. Part of the plan
edit on 11-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: sp&Adding stuff

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedrichNeecher

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
The video posted from page 1...WoW..just Wow....ignorance is bliss for some.....take note though, notice how the bible thumpers of ATS are not on this particular thread standing up for this particular Christian organization?

I respectfully disagree: Seems enough bible thumpers providing cover for them, fact is they only thump the first bible, and avoid the second like the plague.
It doesnt seem you are too eager to understand or accept the reasons that they arent what they claim, or you dont care to.
Your one of those that spews invective that some christian sects think the world is 6000yrs old but ignore or avoid that some hebrew sects beleive just the same.
Curious and curiouser.
If it's just religion thats so bad why are you only interested in beating up on the one that claims it turns the other cheek and not the ones that fight back when attacked. What a specimen, seeking only the feeble to kick about for your pleasure. C'mon sing out boy, how about some equal time for the others, loud and long, or just crawl under your rock with your own brand of co-religionists.

For the record, I believe that all religions are a fallacy of lies implemented to extort from the weak minded. Religion in known factual history, has the been the cause of more famine, plagues, and war than any other topic in history. If you knew your history, ( which clearly you do not ) you wouldn't be attempting to sway the topic at hand, with money issues, " frontin " issues, ( which by the way, most of here on ATS speak English ) and discuss openly the topic at hand. Your blatant attempt to conjure up a constructive thought on this thread, only solidified your arrogance~

Good day to you~

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I have a question: Who pays these guys to fly all around the country slandering and disrupting funerals? They seem to do it a lot, who pays the bills?

People who get angry at them and commit crimes against them. They then sue them. That's how this scam works. Best to ignore them or use something like loud speaker to drown their voices.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

People who get angry at them and commit crimes against them. They then sue them. That's how this scam works. Best to ignore them or use something like loud speaker to drown their voices.

How about someone hold a voodoo ritual right next to their stupid A### and make voodoo dolls that look like them and scare the # out of them (these people are kind of superstitious I have found). Now that would be freaking hilarious and they can't sue for that!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

If you'd listen you'd learn something valuable.
So "all religions are the same", yet you only jeer the one in public. Do you have any demonstrable record of equal public venom for others? I wonder.
Are all languages the same, all homes the same, all countries the same? All philosophies the same? All questions and all answers the same? If everything is the same why aren't we in agreement? Arent all agreements the same by your logic?
I contend there are significant differences in beliefs and they lead to predictable expectations in certain situations. As such the study of them serves a predictive purpose in society.
Such in this WBC case frinstance;
You feel comfortable putting all christians in the same class as WBC? Really? We have a problem, Or you do.
Are commandments to love and respect the same as commandments to kill and steal?
It amazes the senses that anyone with the supposed capacity to compare and contrast can confuse evil exclusionary acts with commandments for understanding and compassion. So. they're still the same to you and your response to all you misunderstand? It would be much more valuable for those that dont have the background to learn facts and discard their prejudices before engaging passion and persistence over propriety.
Blithe categorization of outright and intentionally deceptive frauds as a true representation of the earnest belief in perhaps arguably the only true ME universalist faith is an insult to every one those people who actually try to follow their faith as proscribed by the originator as is their right. To what point is the exact same behavior as the WBC, to pretend and misrepresent and insult for singular selfish purpose, Coincidence? I think not.
Religion isnt bad and equivalent simply because it limits behavior and therefor justifies your derision and disrespect. Religions of all types affect us all, and one doesnt opt out of this reality by kicking one of them. That level of self absorption makes such contributions essentially off topic, as they disrespect others trying to make valid and logical points and are in essence an opinion with another purpose other than denying ignorance or extracting facts.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

There has been tons of tactics against them. Comicon did a fabulous job against them. I doubt voodoo would scare them anyway cause they're all atheist or something.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by yourtweeter

Yes.

I do really care about this.

So what?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join