It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey ready to invade Libya in exchange for EU membership

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Turkey ready to invade Libya in exchange for EU membership

news.am

Turkey has offered its efforts to overthrow Muammar Gaddafi’s regime setting a precondition, the World Tribune reported referring to Middle East Newsline.

The newspaper quotes diplomatic source who said Turkish Premier Recep Tayyip Erdogan offered a plan. According to it, Turkey will send troops and vessels to Libya in exchange for accepting it to the EU after downfall of Gaddafi’s regime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If this true god help us all. What is the world coming to? Turkey offering and wanting to invade Libya.This is truly insanity. More blood shed..if they did invade Libya...the middle east will spiral out of control.The war would spread and involve all countries. What is the ATS community opinion on this news?

news.am
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

Turkey should stay out of it; they won't. This is predetermined and will spiral out of control as the plan is taking fruition from the 50 years ago when it was implemented.......
wow........

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

Trying to black mail the E.U. is not what the E.U. will accept, considering that they openly when against the I.D.F. in recent events.

This particular nation simply cannot understand how things work on a Global scale.

edit:

Almost forgot to add, now what media orientated site would have a gmail account ? , kinda makes you wonder

edit on 6-3-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I dont think the EU would accept, but if they did, this would get real nasty real quick.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

There is already much bloodshed. The rebels do not have airpower, and are suffering because of that fact. Turkey could provide clear and organized leadership, along with air and naval units that could repel and counterattack, the criminal raids of TentMan on his own people.

Turkey is doing a cool thing. They are Muslim helping Muslim. This is much better than Western intervention.

Allahu Akbar and godspeed brave people of Libya

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't know what is more insane, Turkey wanting to send troops to Libya, or still wanting to join the EU.

It's almost like they have a collective suicide pact going on!

Yeah let bankrupt ourselves in a guerrilla war, then we can have our sovereignty bought cheap by Brussels!!

But at least we will be free to open kebab shops from Lisbon to Warsaw.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wer'e gonna have to expect the craziest of stuff i'm afraid, because this middle east crisis is,IMO, gonna get BIG and dangerous.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunTzu22
reply to post by Rentor

There is already much bloodshed. The rebels do not have airpower, and are suffering because of that fact. Turkey could provide clear and organized leadership, along with air and naval units that could repel and counterattack, the criminal raids of TentMan on his own people.

Turkey is doing a cool thing. They are Muslim helping Muslim. This is much better than Western intervention.

Allahu Akbar and godspeed brave people of Libya

and what have iran involved to and have an arab cold war??

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You all know alot of Turks had died back in Vietnam, right? They also had forces in Iraq and now in Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The US has nothing to do in libya, as well turquia, let the lybians fight themselves for freedom

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nortefunk14
You all know alot of Turks had died back in Vietnam, right? They also had forces in Iraq and now in Afghanistan.

Alot of nations had alot of soldiers that died in Vietnam, but were you aware that Turkey remained neutral in WW2 and only at January 1945 when the allied foces had lost millions and Germany was coming to an end did they declare war on Germany.

History, it can never be altered but learnt from.
edit on 6-3-2011 by tristar because: war

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Seriously doubt this is true. The Turks have nothing to gain by doing this and im sure Russia would insist that they stay out of it as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Seriously doubt this is true. The Turks have nothing to gain by doing this and im sure Russia would insist that they stay out of it as well.

If you do a dns look up to the site, you will see exactly why its nothing to be taken seriously as you pointed out.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I find this story very hard to believe. Turkey was first to say that this is an internal issue and the rest of the world shouldn't meddle. Besides, why would the EU want Turkey to overthrow Gaddafi, especially at the price of Turkey joining the EU.

Sounds like BS to me.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hi All I'm new here, but just had to say something here. I read last week that the protesters were dead against the west going to their aid but wouldn't mind Turkey giving them a hand, I just thought they really don't know what they are asking for, in 1974 Turkey invaded Cyprus "to Help" the Turkish Cypriots & they have never left!! they have brought their own settlers and now out number the Turkish Cypriots! & this is one of the reasons they are held back from joining the EU right now!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I would think this is just a story based on (ahem) rumour and imagination. One should always consider the source for such stories before proclaiming it as fact. New.am (the website) is an Armenian-run website whose particular slant and motives would be unknown to most of us.

It is worthwhile to point out that Armenia is a small country which borders Turkey and there is little love lost between the two nations. Armenian genocide ring a bell?

Turkey know that their efforts to join the EU are ongoing and that such offers would be inappropriate. Which is why has not happened. There are those who would tickle any chance to prevent it ever happening.

If there was a move into Libya it would be under the auspices of NATO, of which Turkey remains a key member.

Regards

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I could not agree more. The EU does not want Lybia to become an Islamic state on its borders. If anything to stop this. Knowing those in the E/C, they might just take Turkey upon its offer, after all Turkey is a member off NATO.

Turkey would be invovled either way,yyou look at it,

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

If there was a move into Libya it would be under the auspices of NATO, of which Turkey remains a key member.

Regards

Define and under what assumption do you believe that Turkey is a key memeber ?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Look where turkey is situated, it would be a key player,if NATO needed to launch Aircraft from airports in turkey,of a no fly zone is implemented.

Also if nato needs to send supplys to the rebels, turkey would be a key route to go. So yes Turkey would be a key memeber to help out if NATO decided to interveane.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join