It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mans best friend for 7000yrs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

I think any dog owner that doesnt think their dog has a soul must be a bit barking

They get upset, they have fun, they get embarrassed, they get cross and angry and happy, they run the whole gamete of emotions.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

thanks for a great reply
I totally agree dogs have had a great deal of impact on humans and we wouldnt be anywhere without them.

you only need to look at all the jobs dogs still do for us today...... jobs dogs do for us today

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

My dog actually I think KNOWS what I am thinking sometimes...
It's a strange little dog !
VERY different from that crazy caniche that use to do whatever it wanted and never listen to anyone...
I actually was shocked the first week to see a dog listen to me and actually do what I told him!

I sincerely would miss this dog ! Too bad they live only 10-12 years! I gave this dog the best conditions to live from day one! Hope he will "stick around" for more than 12 years! He's now at 2 years!
BUT WAIT : DIDN'T THE WORLD SUPPOSE TO END IN 2012?!

By the way : doesn't anyone know of some "dog-dating" ?

He's missing some female company!

edit on 28-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by Versa

I sincerely would miss this dog ! Too bad they live only 10-12 years! I gave this dog the best conditions to live from day one! Hope he will "stick around" for more than 12 years! He's now at 2 years!
BUT WAIT : DIDN'T THE WORLD SUPPOSE TO END IN 2012?!

lol well if the world doesn't end in 2012 you've got a border collie and mine is at 17yrs now and still running in the woods

Sadie in the woods yesterday
the black mess in the bottom right hand corner is mums Cockerpoo of all the ridiculous things

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c09471b28793.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 28-2-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

You forgot to mention playtime with the owner.
Not one of my dogs will bite me hard, but they will bite me when it's play time. They can feel and know not to hurt the things that they love. And they love it! Each one of my dogs has a different "fight style" but it always starts with head down and butt in the air lol. Lots of running around furniture and fake fighting. It's all a bonding experience.

Good thread bro, wish I could S+F more than once.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
How do you NOT love a face like this? Female Blue Tick Beagle. 3 years old. Tell me those eyes don't have a soul? And yes she covers herself with the blanket, all 4 of my dogs do this.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
reply to post by Versa

You forgot to mention playtime with the owner.

yes I agree play time is really important, there are lots of dogs that visit hospitals and nursing homes and it does seem to do the patients good to pet the dogs and spend time with them.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

she's gorgeous

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
There is no greater bond than that between a boy and his dog.

They are wonderful, intelligent, sentient, courageous and they exhibit a level of compassion, love and loyalty that no human can match.

For whatever reason they have chosen to align themselves with mankind, even though we are terribly unworthy of their devotion.

Anyone who says a dog has no soul probably doesnt have much of a soul themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
man's best friend indeed

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

totally agree, any normal feeling person that has owned and loved a dog knows they have a soul (whatever that is), its arrogance to think that humans are somehow magically the only creatures to have a soul and smacks of religious dogma!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Sometimes I wonder if perhaps we humans are the only ones with no soul. Animals seem to understand right and wrong instinctively, humans are the only beasts who understand right from wrong and yet consciously choose to be evil.

I trust my four legged friends more so than the two legged ones. Sad but true.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
WORD OF WARNING: Have a box of kleenex ready for this'un.

THESE are the dog heros of September Eleven Twothousand-and-One.....

www.dogheroesof911.com...

Especially when you click into "photo slide show"

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I heard that those corpse-locate dogs developed severe depression and PTSD. Also with some returning dogs assisting troops in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

I wonder what they would say in 7000 years about my dog,

She was buried with my leather purse a tennis ball her blanket a laminated family photo,
some old car keys on a key ring, a bunch of flowers and last but not least her pillow.

She was 18 when she died. I miss her allot. She was a beautiful red border collie.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

ATS, are there any emoticons for bawling my eyes out?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This thread should be getting more attention....other than the gloom and doom threads. I mean really what would you rather see, another thread about chemtrails....or more Pics of our beloved pups? Since chemtrails are a bunch of crap, let's see some more of the pics that we really love.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I would wager to guess that they would think that the dog they had found obviously meant a great deal to the person they belonged to.

When my boy died in 2007 from canine cancer it was one of the two or three hardest days of my life.

I had the University hospital cremate his body and I took the ashes down to his favorite spot on the lake near my old house in VA, and I released him into the waters where he loved to run and splash and chase sticks.

He was a mutt who I saved from the gas chamber as a little three month old puppy, and somehow I think he knew how dire his situation was, and in turn he always seemed extra thankful and grateful.

He was like my child and I loved him immensely. He was the only one left standing to be there for me when every person in my life had let me down.

Dogs are made up of all that is noble and good in the world. You have never lived until you have been truly owned by a dog

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

When I had my first baby, my in-laws were going crazy that my border collie would hurt the baby, I knew my dog so well that she wouldn’t hurt anyone of us.

I got home from hospital went straight to my dog, she was so happy to see me, I then showed her the baby, she was so gentle to her. Every day after that the dog slept under her cot and never left her side.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join