It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA Senior Scientist Sends “Emergency” Warning to US Secretary of Agriculture

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by vzdragon06430

No, it isn't in the quoted section. It is in the original letter that this discussion is based on. This letter has been verified to be legit. It specifically damnes Roundup Ready crops as having an unusually high concentration of these pathogens. The pathogen in question appears to be related to several systemic plant diseases and miscarraiges in cattle.

It's not alarmist when it's true.
edit on 2-24-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Again, do YOU eat RAW corn? EVER? Raw *anything* could have any number of fungi or viruses on it even anthrax which is naturally found in soil. And corn just isint something that people eat raw.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Post from other thread...

Very scary indeed. I imagine maybe the rise in human miscarriages will eventually be linked to Monsanto as well, as I tangentially even mentioned the other day in my thread on the uterus police. Wouldn't surprise me either if this isn't what's affecting a lot of humans and animals in other ways as well. You shouldn't mess with the food chain, period. The stuff they're producing is probably not even nutrition for us, and now this? Wonderful.

This is and has been a red alert issue for quite some time now. And, for the most part, the MSM has been squelching it and belittling it.

(I just posted this in the must-see documentaries thread, a documentary in which Monsanto is featured quite prominently in regards to journalist Jane Akre, who sued FoxNews for working with Monsanto to suppress her investigative story about Monsanto's use of rBGH. It's from 2003, when people were probably more worried about other things and may have missed it. The Corporation...here's the link to part 1 of 23.)

You're right. This is a HUGE wakeup call.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by vzdragon06430

Again, do YOU eat RAW corn? EVER? Raw *anything* could have any number of fungi or viruses on it even anthrax which is naturally found in soil. And corn just isint something that people eat raw.

You do realize that this is more than corn, it is soy and alfafa. It also relates to cattle, which incidentally DO eat raw food. BTW, yes, people eat raw cookie dough.. so what happens if this contaminates our flour supply? Or maybe if it gets into the corn meal supply? I know I don't use gloves and a respirator when I bread my fish with cornmeal.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Thank you for clearing that up! I'm guessing some people have not read the entire letter.

For those who are calling this thread "hijacked" by anti gmo people. I believe its just that the anti gmo people are so passionate about their opinion on the subject that it's hard not to bring it up as strong point in conjunction with the letter. (whether or not it's real is to be debated, but if it is, we won't be doomed, we will find a way to overcome this)

It's great that people have such strong opinions on both sides. I had watched portion of the Dr. Oz show on which he had 3 guests, one being a scientist who was anti gmo, another person who I believe was an author who was anti gmo, and another scientist who was pro gmo. obviously the strong debate on this subject is not limited to ats, both the anti gmo guys were defending themselves against the pro gmo lady. and all the while the lady was trying to convince these people, who strongly believe in their opinion that it was wrong, she wouldnt even listen to a word they said. and Dr Oz made a very good comment to the pro gmo lady, he said she could say all she wanted but the people that have made their minds up on the matter will not be swayed (or something to that effect) she did come off as very arrogant as well. and really couldn't defend her stance to well against the 2 other guys. (just my opinion though)

sorry for that long story, I guess what I am trying to say is people have different opinions and that is great, thats how the world works. and when an anti gmo person sees a letter like this it gives more credence to their opinion. that whole "see i told you so" ideal.

I know for myself, switching to eating organics has helped quite a few health problems I had, that no medicine could fix, so that has helped me to form such a strong opinion about the gmo products.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This bad man...bad. Honestly after seeing what a bad year we had cultivating wheat last year. The growing season was adjusted by weather. How the US's crop mixed in with other nations crops caused a food shortage to the countries we export to, helped cause unrest in many african, and middle east countries. Some say this is the straw that broke the camels back, leading to revolutions because the poor were hungry. I wonder what another year like last one might do to a world that is starting to freak the hell out. Now i'm really starting to worry that this kind of food shortage might hit us next year.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

So you state for the record, that the anti-GM movement has NO axe to grind, and doesn't resort to cheap shots and dirty tricks to try and win the fight?

YOU are defending MONSANTO????

Monsanto has filed 145 lawsuits against farmers . They use Pinkerton agents to TRESPASS on private property. Farmers report that a Monsanto investigator laughed that they were doing "rural cleansing." A farmer in India commits suicide every thirty minutes often by drinking Monsanto's pesticides.

edit on 24-2-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ladymerelda

Here is a great website with a wealth of knowledge about all things organic. I know it helps me out with trying to find out about bath/beauty/hygiene products. Organic Consumers Association

Beware of Organic Consumers Association they are a front for the UN and the Rockefellers.

Follow the dots.
1. Rosa DeLauro sponsored the Food Safety Bill HR 875.

2. DeLauro's hubby is Stan Greenburg who did consulting for MONSANTO. He is also a globalist and Minion of the elite. His company worked on political campaigns in 60 countries around the world including Tony Blair in the UK.

I could not understand WHY Organic Consumers Assoc and Food & Water Watch were in favor of this bill. Until I did some digging:

Maude Barlow a “no dog in this fight” Canadian, is a director of both. She has been handsomely rewarded for selling the US consumer out with an appointment as New Senior Advisor to the UN president on October 21, 2008.

Another board director of Food and Water Watch is Dennis Keeney is a Senior Fellow at the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy

Mark Ritchie: President, Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy; has Connection to Tides. The Tides Center’s corporate registration documents on file in Minnesota show that Mark Ritchie is its “registered agent.” This might explain why the Tides Foundation has paid over $20,000 to a commercial corporation owned by Ritchie and his brother.

Tides Foundation & Tides Center: Donations FROM Rockefeller's $9,467,955.00 (1991 - 2005)
Rockefeller Family Fund: $1,225,000.00 1991 – 2004
Rockefeller Brothers Foundation $2,879,900.00 1993 – 2005
Rockefeller Foundation $4,543,775.00 1993 – 2005
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors $819,300.00 1997 – 2004

Organic Consumers Association $57,176.00 2000 – 2005 Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors

Another Organic Consumers Assoc. board member
Who is Orange Cloud that attacks those against the bogus food safety bills and defends Monsanto?
She is La Vita Locavore and lists herself as Jill Richardson, Consultant but she is "UC San Diego" Sustainability Coordinator and is working on the practical aspects of UN Agenda 21 as far as I can tell.
For example:

“Currently, we are particularly interested in receiving manuscripts that deal with some of the following subjects, although other submissions will continue to receive full consideration:
Implementing sustainable development strategies, Rio-Agenda 21 and Millennium Development” Objectives: The Journal of Environment and Development
Graduate School of International Relations & Pacific Studies
University of California, San Diego, MC0519
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037-0519, USA

Raymond Clemencon another facultiy member, was one of the negotiators on the Rio Declaration and the. Agenda 21
irps.ucsd.edu...

Is there a Monsanto - University of California at San Diego connection? YES!

Bioinformatics researchers at the University of California, San Diego and Genentech have developed a new, quicker way to sequence monoclonal antibodies www.universityofcalifornia.edu...

Monsanto bought 5% on Genetech, Genentech’s bovine growth hormone — licensed to Monsanto Corporation, In 1979, Monsanto coordinated a research program with Genentech,

UCSD's Biotech Certificates Program is admired as the most advanced in the UC system.
Closer to the Heart of the San Diego 'Biotech Zone': The Program's Service Goals
The UCSD RA Program classes recently moved to the San Diego 'Biotech Zone'--into the same building as a major CRO, Parexel, and only blocks from another big CRO, Quintiles. Both CROs will contribute RA experts to classroom discussions of topics. Nearby are also the new headquarters of Novartis, represented on the Advisory Board of UCSD Biotech Certificates Programs, as is Invitrogen. Other Advisory Board members, Monsanto and Dow, together with its hometown subsidiary Mycogen, demonstrate regional strengths in agbiotech (which is expected to "absolutely boom" in the near future). The newest UCSD Certificate in Agricultural Biotech is under development, since the UCSD Biotech Certificates program aims to be comprehensive and progressive in service to all biotech sectors.
pharmalicensing.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil3unnie

It really disturbs me when these corporations use science as their excuse to use GMOs.

Excuse me?! That's an insult to science. Science would never EXPERIMENT with something they don't yet understand on the mass public.

Are they using science? Yes. But the corporations are ones experimenting on the public. Are we doing it voluntarily? Yes. But where do we get our information? Oh yeah, the media, that is owned and controlled by corporations.

Life's necessities should be owned and controlled by the PUBLIC, as well as our news channels. CORPORATIONS DO NOT CARE ABOUT US!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Its beyond me but the implications are extreme. I sent the link below to good old CBC, and asked Marketplace to use their resources (they have more than I) to see if this is hyperbole, or a really serious issue. Hopefully, their journalists can bring it forward and investigate the background, and get in front of the people behind it, with cameras and mikes

www.i-sis.org.uk...

Thanks for starting this thread, it'll be worth staying abreast of...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SunSword

Hey ATS.

I haven't read any of the responses but I can perhaps tell you a little something about Glyphosphate AKA Roundup AKA Agent Orange AKA Some Other Agent. (?) There was a whole rainbow of "Agents" during the Vietnam war. All of these were sprayed on various terrain types (like raw jungle or rice paddies) as part of a military endeavor codenamed "Operation Ranch-Hand".

Following the Vietnam war, Agent Orange was incorporated into the Monsanto (those who created it in the first place) GMO program. This is about 50% speculation, mind you, based on actual library research at the University of Hawaii, and other research on Wikipedia. Basically, the glyphosphate resistant gene is incorporated into the corn plant, so that the entire corn crop can be sprayed with defoliant and only the corn remains...It's actually an excellent idea.

Perhaps what you are talking about here is a form of transgenic mycoherbicide (TMH). "Transgenic" of course meaning GMO, and "mycoherbicide" meaning fungus-based herbicide. Essentially, you're talking about a genetically-modified fungus that was intended to be poisonous to weeds, but has mutated to also infect soy/corn/wheat or whatever crops.

There is a great article for the scientific-journal-ly challenged to read by the magazine Wired.
um...here WIRED mycoherbicides

This basically talks about how the USA sprays glyphosphate on the Columbian coca crop, and that some enterprising agriculture student has GMO'd a new crop that is resistant, and that the USA may now have to start using TMH.

I am a current Ag. student, and a student of Plant Pathology, and I have to read these kind of research papers as part of my normal coursework. While I tend to agree with GMO as a principle, I also tend to disagree with weaponizing it and being dastardly with it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

So much for Roundup being 100% safe...lol

As a Bushland Technician, I have been using RUp on a daily basis for many years "without a mask or other PPE".

This is most disturbing, as for the last couple of years I have been having some very strange and undiagnosed conditions, which I won't go into. I am now wondering if this might have promoted something similar in my body..!!

I might have to keep a close eye on this one !!

I might also pass this info onto some of my close friends within the Environmental industry.

The more ppl that know this and the faster this information gets out there, the more likely is won't be swept under the Extensive Monsanto rug...lol
edit on 2/23/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

For decades I was under the impression that RoundUp was a safe weedkiller, and I still use it because I have an extensive gravel driveway to maintain and Bindweed (which you cannot kill by pulling up, or burning, or vinegar, etc!) to keep under control...but you can bet I take great care in mixing and spraying so as to avoid any contact with it, but it alarms me just how neighbors will spray it wholesale for firebreaks with their boom sprayers in windy days, or for general garden weed control! And these are people with heart conditions and other health ailments!

For anything stubborn (like the Bindweed or Bermuda grass) in and around ornamentals and vegetable gardens I have special paintbrushes and sponge applicators for spot treatment.

It is a valuable tool if used sparingly and with care...but we can see that it is not so in private and corporate situations.

We can't do much against Monsanto at this point, but we CAN educate our neighbors and friends about the need to take greater care with any pesticides.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
www.btny.purdue.edu...

Purdue university has a article about the Dr.'s views in the above link.

I also found a link that says Reuters has confirmed the letter is real cookingupastory.com...

and here is the article that showed up in Reuters
www.reuters.com...

If it's true this is not a good way to start the year. The Dr retired 3 years ago and no one in the media has been able to find out where he went to. They will likely claim in a few days that he is suffering demntia and send him to an institute for his own safety.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I wonder if this super fungi is what people are discovering for, and in themselves as "Morgellons"?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

seems to me that corn, soybeans and other gmo crops will eventually be deemed toxic weeds.
we are literally destroying entire species of flora with this GM crap.

its time for the FDA to get some balls and put a stop to this nightmare...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Our Oklahoma Agriculture Statistics Service released some pretty important survey results yesterday. Here are the narratives:

The January 1, 2011, inventory of all cattle and calves in Oklahoma, at 5.10 million head, was down 400 thousand head from the January 1, 2010 inventory. All cows and heifers that had calved, at 2.09 million head, were down 2 percent and bulls, at 135 thousand head, were down 10 percent from January 1, 2010. All heifers over 500 pounds, at 895 thousand head, were down 9 percent from last year. Steers over 500 pounds, at 1.03 million head, were down 17 percent from January 1, 2010.

The 2010 calf crop, at 1.90 million head, was down 1 percent from the previous year. Calves, other heifers and steers grazing on small grain pasture in Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas totaled 1.92 million head, up 16 percent from a year earlier.

All cattle and calves in the United States on January 1, 2011, totaled 92.6 million head, 1 percent below the 93.9 million on January 1, 2010. This is the lowest January 1 inventory of all cattle and calves since the 91.2 million on hand in 1958. All cows and heifers that have calved, at 40.0 million, were down 1 percent from the 40.5 million on January 1, 2010.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vzdragon06430

I eat raw corn, everyone in my family eats raw corn, and if you ask corn farmers around here, they'll tell you that raw is the only way to eat corn when it's ripe picked fresh.
Google it.

Here's one to start

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Love raw corn.

Anyway, stuff like this happens when you let criminal organizations have authority over us. I'm not suggesting violence, but in the old west, a group like Monsanto would be looking down the barrel of a gun for what they have done. Just saying.

Justice is long overdue for Monsanto. I hope their Roundup rots on the shelf for what they have done. Drop your support for their products as much as you can. Starve them out of existence. I don't even buy corn anymore. I will plant some heirloom corn this year, however.

Troy

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Everyone should try to grow a "food jungle" like this, it is amazing! They've been growing this one and living off it for over THREE HUNDRED YEARS!

See if any GMO crops are still alive 300 years from now....

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

crap, this could mean that Huber, having spilled the beans to the wrong creature, will be having an accident soon.

Something to keep a close eye on. Remember that guy who was on the tube talking about there being three oil leaks in the gulf not just one? Can't remember his name right now. He died of a supposed heart attack in his shower not too long ago.

Do you have a link to the article proving this?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join