It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA Senior Scientist Sends “Emergency” Warning to US Secretary of Agriculture

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again..

Monsanto is Umbrella...!! lol

One Zombi appocalypse coming up..!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SunSword

Great find SunSword! Let's hope that someone realizes the dangers of trying to control our food resources by taking out the natural processes and replacing them with man made gene altered garbage before it is too late. It may be too late already! We may now be dependent on the likes of Monsanto to feed us because they systematically destroyed the natural processes. To them it's just another resource that they can dictate the price of and hold us hostage.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d37af4585d4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

Actually, I'm getting ready to buy some plants, and seeds for a garden this year. Excellent question. Anybody know where to get seeds and plants? Especially heirloom. Any info would be great. Star and Flag OP. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Some may have missed it due to it being placed in the Political Madness forum (by mistake?), but our exports are already poised to collapse... USDA deregulates GMO corn. He also removed regulation on GMO alfalfa, and GMO sugar beets as well.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiricusTheoricus

Actually, I'm getting ready to buy some plants, and seeds for a garden this year. Excellent question. Anybody know where to get seeds and plants? Especially heirloom. Any info would be great. Star and Flag OP. Thanks for the thread.

I get mine from Burpee.

Good selection, been using them for years.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

For the record? What I was trying to get across was that I found that particular sentence in your post amusing. Not even sure I disagree with you. Could be the "anti-gmo" crowd, could just be some scientists raising some concern. Either way, I'm with the "anti-GMO" guys, because....wait for it........ I'm anti-GMO.

Besides, it's not like Monsanto or the "pro-GMO" guys don't do the very things you are accusing these scientists of, except of course they get the Rummies and crew to bounce back and forth between CEO and high level government jobs to make sure they get what they want.

So who's being underhanded?

I hope you didn't take my response to you personal. Its nice to have another point of view to debate against.

Thanks for responding.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Pull up any of the monsanto threads here and there should be some links to where you can get
non- gmo seeds.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil3unnie

that is amazing! its indeed quite the gem. and I am sure if the farmer says "hey I do not feel comfortable signing this waiver/agreement" Monsanto says "well you can't have our seeds" and somehow, someway finds a way to get back at that farmer.

I love that this man wants to do a documentary, and found the Achilles Heel! I am so excited and ready to make friends with all the farmers around here!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BackandtothelefT

Thank you for that! I do vaguely remember reading about the garden the Obama's would have at the white house and how it would be organic. It could of been on here or the huffpo(not a big fan either!) actually.

it just amazes me that THEY WONT EAT THE JUNK! and expect everyone else to just eat it up.

i refuse to eat that junk.

congrats on being new here! Ive had a fine time so far & hope you do as well.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have a Filipino friend in the Philippines with a rice farm. He said they used to only get 1 crop of rice per year. Now using chemicals they get 3 crops per year.

He won't eat rice anymore.

Remember the whole "world rice shortage"?

If you had a bad rice crop....would you want to be liable for making that bad seed/crop? Or would you spread the message "worlds out of rice" to get everyone to buy it all up and munch it down? $$$$$$$$

World's an evil place. We allowed evil to profit.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

this picture is great! it made my day! I agree with what you said. people are now dependent on this. on going to chain stores, instead of local markets. the demand was high and people wanted the stuff faster, bigger, cheaper. I would rather pay a higher price for non gmo foods then save money by buying the nasty junk they want us to eat!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Here is a great website with a wealth of knowledge about all things organic. I know it helps me out with trying to find out about bath/beauty/hygiene products.
Organic Consumers Association

also I am wondering has anyone done a peaceful protest/march at the Monsanto headquarters?
I know should have probably done search on that first, but the people here at ATS are much smarter than google!
If so how would someone even organize such an event?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyR

You're all good JohnnyR!

I'm pro-GM, and believe that we should take full advantage of it. Nature always throws us curve-ball, so we simply need to bat better. The anti-GM crowd appears to be driven more by religious fundamentalists, conspiracy theorists, crank scientists, and numpties.

I'm happy to be a conspiracy theorist, but I don't see a conspiracy within GM science. I DO see one in terms of Codex Alimentarius however...

The Rev.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
www.victoryseeds.com...

I ordered from these guys

note to the week-pulling guy; manual weeding and pruning is fine on your backyard garden but impossible on a large-scale. if we went back to organic / manual farming our yields would half and prices would go...waaaay up.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Our family has always used and trusted Buckerfields for feed and garden seeds. To my knowledge, which is limited, They carry many if not all heirloom seed stock. You could try there. Hope that is helpful.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Huh?

No mention of new GMO Salmon and how this/these pathogen(s) could possibly migrate into fish DNA as well?...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ladymerelda

Nice meeting you and thanks so much for the kind words. I have been around reading for quite some time and it got to be I was able to contribute something so I couldn't resist joining anymore. So I'll be at the front of the line at the camp no problem! lol I hope you have a lovely pure garden this spring.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant
I call bull-shizzle.

Read this part of the statement -

This could be the worst nightmare of genetic engineering that some scientists including me have been warning for years [3] (see Genetic Engineering Dream or Nightmare, ISIS publication): the unintended creation of new pathogens through assisted horizontal gene transfer and recombination.

This is the anti-GM camps psyops warfare. I won't buy into it unless we see more peer-reviewed work from REPUTABLE sources, not some jumped-up wannabe science academics.

ATS's Chicken Little strikes again!

The Rev.
edit on 23-2-2011 by The Revenant because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry, I am a bit new here though like many I've lingered a bit. While I can fathom the pro-GM camps core of conspirators... I'm not too familiar with the anti-GM camp and where the resources driving their psyops might originate. Care to point me in the right direction?

-cez

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This revelation does not suprise me. Monsanto is devious company who has poisoned thousands of people for years. Look at what they did to the poor people of Anniston Alabama for years and years. Just google Monsanto Anniston and read all about it. The poison affected their DNA and passed it along to the children!

I think this is frightening!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BackandtothelefT

I know the same for me I couldn't resist either! Oh I just can't wait to start a garden, are you doing that as well? I am going to be starting a few things indoors than moving them outside. I also have to find some nice fence to put up (like chicken wire) to keep the deer out! I also need to get some tires to try a technique my dad used when he was growing up for potatoes.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join