It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan pilots defect to Malta

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I am trying to confirm the reports regarding the two Libyan ships in Maltese waters. Cant get any solid info yet.
Ill post any info i can find. The Maltese authorities are denying this, but we know how this works!
Here is a link to the times of Malta.
www.timesofmalta.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I just saw this on CNN and wanted to add to the discussion:

A Libyan military aircraft crashed Wednesday southwest of Benghazi after the crew refused to follow orders to bomb the city, Libya's Quryna newspaper reported.

The pilot and co-pilot parachuted out of the craft, and the plane crashed in an uninhabited area, the paper said.

www.cnn.com...

More orders from Gaddafi to slaughter civilians....more refusals to do so. Looks like Gaddafi's world is crumbling in around him.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Malta just refused a landing request at Luqa from a plane containing 30 people from Libya. Suspicion is that Gaddafi's daughter was on board.
I will try to confirm and post a source if I find one. However, I was told this by a fairly reliable acquaintance.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There are no military vessels in Maltese waters however, cruise ships have arrived with evacuee's.

Edit to add: there are no Libyan military ships - unsure of other nations
edit on 23/2/2011 by LestatG because: Clarification

edit on 23/2/2011 by LestatG because: Dodgy spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm at the Excelsior Hotel in Floriana and there are uniformed German military airforce in the lobby.

Going to ask them what they are here.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Thank you for your information, keep it coming if possible. And be careful.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The German airforce disappeared, I wondered why and nobody could tell me why.

However, 30 mins later I have been watching, what I assume to be, journalists checking in. I sense something is happening but can't really take an educatded guess as yet.

I am hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. Strange thing is that most people, my self included, are carrying on like business as usual.

Strange atmosphere.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just seen a video with around 20 men, some in uniform, bound and executed.
I can't stop the tears filling up in my eyes - where has our humanity gone?

When will we learn to respect life, this is not a game, we are not players, we are people - all of us.

Love
edit on 23/2/2011 by LestatG because: Teary eyed typo!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Yep, that sounds like the brave soldiers that refused orders to fire on their own people. - An unfortunate but noble way to die.
edit on 23/2/2011 by Now_Then because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Happening now:

The Excelsior is full. The lobby is full of people, many with "International S.O.S" on their jackets.

1.5ml foreign workers are to be evacuated. German, Chinese and American Navy are now in Libyan waters preparing the evacuation. British jet fighters are being deployed, without authorisation to enter Libyan airspace, to protect the international evacuation.

This is beginning to get very very serious and international.

I might start a new thread as this seems to be credible. News sources are now confirming my earlier posts regarding Gaddafi's daughter trying to land in Malta.

Peace

Hey guys I did make a new thread, here Live Now: German, Chinese and American vessels in Libyan waters

I just thought it deserved as much attention as it could get, I will carry on posting here and if serenecalamityz has a problem or would like me to remove this link, please let me know and I will. I do not want to hijack this or take away from your work.

Thaks for the kind comments and I appreciate you all for the input.
edit on 23/2/2011 by LestatG because: Linked to a new thread

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Is that right? My God that is shocking, what great men - that is really standing for your beliefs, they should be remembered and honoured if that's the case.

Thanks, Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

The Luftwaffe Aircrew will be from the C-160 Transall as shown in the following link from Malta. Royal Air Force C-130 Hercules are also noted.

www.fightercontrol.co.uk...

TJ

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Thats a fantastic link and find, thanks.

Just heared that the French are in another hotel in Malta too.

Could you post the link on the other thread too please, this is great to have pictures that are recent and relevant.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Thank you for your time and hard work with this.

You have done an EXCELLENT job.

Mods . . . can we give this guy an applause or five please?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
Happening now:

The Excelsior is full. The lobby is full of people, many with "International S.O.S" on their jackets.

1.5ml foreign workers are to be evacuated. German, Chinese and American Navy are now in Libyan waters preparing the evacuation. British jet fighters are being deployed, without authorisation to enter Libyan airspace, to protect the international evacuation.

This is beginning to get very very serious and international.

I might start a new thread as this seems to be credible. News sources are now confirming my earlier posts regarding Gaddafi's daughter trying to land in Malta.

Peace

Hey guys I did make a new thread, here Live Now: German, Chinese and American vessels in Libyan waters

I just thought it deserved as much attention as it could get, I will carry on posting here and if serenecalamityz has a problem or would like me to remove this link, please let me know and I will. I do not want to hijack this or take away from your work.

Thaks for the kind comments and I appreciate you all for the input.
edit on 23/2/2011 by LestatG because: Linked to a new thread

LestatG I have absolutely no problem with you posting here and I genuinely appreciate your mention of my thread in your own. Thank you my friend

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by serenecalamityz

Hey, thanks to you in making the first thread, I found it on the way home, then made my way to the airport, its all down to you really,you started the ball rolling man!

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

No problem. I've posted it in your thread. Keep up the great work guys!

TJ

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Air movements from Malta on the 24th February. A mixture of military and civilian.

www.fightercontrol.co.uk...

TJ

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Official UK Ministry of Defence video taken in Malta.

TJ

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Libya attempted to retrieve the two Mirage F.1s on Malta. The Maltese Government sent them packing!

af.reuters.com...

TJ

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join