It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan pilots defect to Malta

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Wow, stay safe and keep the updates coming.
It is always helpful to have reports on the scene!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Just wanted to second Minkey's comments, thank you so much for keeping us informed and good luck to you and all your loved ones, Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Some close ups of the two Mirage F.1s in Malta showing the rocket pods. It also confirms that the Pilots were high rankers.

www.airplane-pictures.net...

TJ

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by exroyalnavy
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

There are images on Skynewsof two Libyan fighter-jets on the apron at Luqa. Also said to be two French-registered helicopters and 7 people onboard who say that they are French.

We are French, we are French! Don't shoot!
edit on 21-2-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

That there is funny!! I don't care who you are!

Zindo

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by exroyalnavy
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

There are images on Skynewsof two Libyan fighter-jets on the apron at Luqa. Also said to be two French-registered helicopters and 7 people onboard who say that they are French.

We are French, we are French! Don't shoot!
edit on 21-2-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

It's funny if you can't tell the difference between a Saudi and a Libyan. Yeah, they look and dress different. Much different.

That's why many people in the world hate Americans. .

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

It's kind of a giveaway seeing as it says SAUDI on the door of the copter! Besides I believe their head gear is of the Saud family!

Zindo

By the way, I'm an American! What are you?

edit on 2/21/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
By what is on the door of the helicopter its from a Saudi Geo exploration company.(oil exploration company)

Just some Saudi civilians that took the fast way out with a company bird.
Wonder if the are the company bosses and they left there worker behind with no way out.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Libyas involvement in the middle east parlor game seems to have been reported Feb 9.
Interesting to watch the media machine but doesn't make much sense?
Is Gaddafi being ousted for helping Africa?

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

LIBYA: Gaddafi Foundation weighs in on rumors of family feud Comments (5) (2) (3) February 9, 2011 | 9:37 am The chief of a Libyan charitable organization has responded to a Jan. 20 piece on Babylon & Beyond reporting allegations of a power struggle within the family of Libyan president Muammar Gaddafi. Youssef Sawani, executive director of the Gaddafi International Charity and Development Foundation, said the article contained "inaccuracies and mistaken assumptions" about the political situation in Libya. Here's the letter: "Your article, relying on little more than speculation, states that the Foundation's decision to focus on humanitarian aid in Africa rather than domestic politics in Libya is the result of a power struggle within the Gaddafi family. This is completely wrong. As a United Nations-accredited non-governmental organization, the foundation decided to renew its mission to improve lives across the African continent, a decision arrived at as a result of a dialogue among the members of our Board of Trustees about the best use of our resources, not because of some political or family squabble. Moreover, Mr. Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, who serves as the Foundation's chairman, is not abandoning the noble issues and causes that he has always passionately supported; rather, he will continue to champion them in his individual capacity, as will other groups within Libya, including the Human Rights Society. In America, political speculation is a parlor game. Alas, there are no such intrigues when it comes to the current political structure in Libya, nor the goals of the Foundation, which have been transparent and well-established ever since its formation." -- Los Angeles Times

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LS650
If the story is true, I hope more of their military follow the example of these two pilots. I can only imagine that it must have been a difficult choice to defy their orders. They're probably sitting in a room in Malta, worried for their families back home.

I hope every military personnel from every country does the same. I dont care which country they go to, just so long as they realize that their job is not as honorable as the medals and commercials make it seem.

No disrespect to our men and women in the armed forces though...just saying that the less there are of people with military professions, the more peace.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Great story about the pilots and I applaud them......

BUT, I don't know how big their air force is but if only 2 do it there isn't much hope for the poor people.

Maybe their actions will be an example and more will do it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Good Morning all, this morning in the harbour, where the cruise liners and refuelers normally are there 7 quite big tug boats. I have lived here for quite a few months and have never seen this.
However, I have to go to work, tried to get it off but been told "there is no good reason" for me to be off.

Sometimes our world view is so skewered. My girl will send any updates and is armed with a camera should anything happen.

Have a good day, and remember those in a struggle today.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
gunning down protesters is bad enough, but scrambling fighters and choppers to attack them? thats sadistic. I give mad respect to those pilots.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo
Some close ups of the two Mirage F.1s in Malta showing the rocket pods. It also confirms that the Pilots were high rankers.

TJ

Thank you for the link.

Now I finally get to see the tail markings. These are indeed Libyan marked F1's.

And it's sitting right next to a police car with Malta markings.

Thanks. This is pretty solid confirmation here.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Great story about the pilots and I applaud them......

BUT, I don't know how big their air force is but if only 2 do it there isn't much hope for the poor people.

Maybe their actions will be an example and more will do it.

Going by wikipedia the have 300 or so planes/choppers capable bringing down the rain on these poor people,how many are capable of flying or what state of service is anyone's guess,hopefully their all getting a refit at this moment,
Now that these pilots have done a runner i wonder what the rest of the pilots are being threatened with,probably told that if they go their families will be tortured and slaughtered ,not a good position to be put in at all,

This year is off to a shaky start,let's hope it gets better soon

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No problem. Thanks for the reply. Two more image links of one of the Mirage about to touch down in Malta.

TJ

edit on 22-2-2011 by tommyjo because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hi ats,
I'm from Malta and i would like to confirm to you that the 2 fighter jets have landed here, also 2 choppers from libya with a few people claiming to be french nationals but only one of them has a passport.
This is a link to the Times Of Malta.

www.timesofmalta.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xinobi666

Thank you for the link, please keep us posted with any news from the pilots.
Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
News about two Libyan ships coming to Malta. Some saying two detectors from Navy, others say civilians and poss an Italian ship, there is definatley something coming in as I can hear the ships moving in the Grand Harbour.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
News of Libyan Navy vessels

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

'February 22, 2011 | 7:03 pm
A Libyan warship arrived in Malta on Tuesday after its crew refused to carry out orders to bomb Benghazi, the satellite network Al Jazeera reported. A second Libyan ship has also reportedly been sighted in the area, the network reported.'

TJ

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join