It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bownessie, Lake Windermere's Monster, new photo. Awesome. :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b00e45a2d70.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2cc479493e4.jpg[/atsimg]

The legend of 'Bownessie' is echoing across the waters of Lake Windermere once again after what is being called the best ever sighting of the mythical sea creature.

Emerging from the mist with oily black skin and three eerie humps, this picture reveals a mystical looking beast gliding through the lake.

The snap was taken on a camera-phone by terrified IT graduate Tom Pickles, 24, who said an animal the size of three cars sped across the lake in front him last Friday.

Ok, so we have photographic evidence, by and IT graduate that says it was about 3 cars long. Although, by looking at the picture I have no idea what this could possibly be. I'm not an expert in aquatic life by any means but this doesn't look like anything I have seen or heard of.

To me this picture is almost as good as the famous Nessie photo that was proved a hoax back in the day. I could go into more detail about that photo, but you know the one I'm talking about.

So, I looked on here for this photo and couldn't find anything so I had to post it to get other reactions/opinions on this. It's a crazy photo of something unexplained in my book.
I hope too hear interesting opinions and thoughts regarding this photo. I do not think it is a tree or anything like a wake, although, as I said I'm not expert.

Any thoughts?

Pred...
edit on 17-2-2011 by predator0187 because: goo?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
No offense, just observation, the article claims only three humps...I see four

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Clearly it's the planet venus.

Seriously though, it's just another photograph with not quite enough inormation present to draw any real conclusions. Too bad he wasn't able to take several pictures.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
To me it looks like some one got three cable tie's, wrapped them tightly round a rat, then chucked the poor bugger in the water and took a picture. u can see the tail dangling at the back.
On a serious note...... its inconclusive at best, it could in reality be a number of different things.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

It said three eerie humps. the fourth one was just mundane.

edit on 17/2/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Looks to me like someone "took the kids to the pool". Everyone out of the water while we clean this mess up.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

This is far from a good photo.
I am usually the first to give the benefit of the doubt and "Believe" but this is pathetic.
I'm just purely guessing here but this reaks of an attempt to boost tourism.

Just sayin,
I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't think this is good photographic evidence this could be anything maybe a rolled up tarp or an old fishing net to bad he couldn't have got more pictures of this thing..I would have been snapping one photo after another trying to get this on film there just isn't enough information to say what it is..but thanks for the post

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Okay, people are thinking this is something normal in the water? Perhaps being dragged? Because it does have a wake behind it. I again have no idea what in the hell this could be.

I did really like the pool explanation though, almost snorted while laughing.

It kind of looks like a "Kong" like the dog toy? I don't know, just throwing stuff out there.

Pred...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Interesting story, I have not heard of this "nessie". I think the quality of the photo is much better than a lot I have seen but it does not leave anything for scaling.

Lake monsters always interest me and I like hearing people's stories of them. I dont believe this is a pic of an actual lake monster but I enjoyed the story.

I do believe that some "lake monsters" do exist however. I believe that they are just animals left over from ancient times that found some way to stay alive. Not just one mind you but a small group. Considering the lack of knowledge we have about the depths of our oceans I think it is possible.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Why didn't he jump in and wrestle it ashore? What gives?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Hate to say it...

But i've sailed rafts, and rowed boats across Windermere a few times. Never seen a monster.

But i've seen a few of these before.

wwwdelivery.superstock.com...

Could be one of these?
edit on 18-2-2011 by mr-lizard because: fixed link

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Been on Windermere before myself, nice lake.

Your link opened a blank page for me, is it because I'm on an iPad or is your link bad?

Pred...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It's a hoax, if anything, it's a Wels catfish, I've seen them in Windemere, they are massive, but no monster.
edit on 18/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by mr-lizard

Been on Windermere before myself, nice lake.

Your link opened a blank page for me, is it because I'm on an iPad or is your link bad?

Pred...

Nah link works fine for me.

The link shows a picture of floating bouys, tied together in a chain.... Much like the original picture (kinda).

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
It's a hoax, if anything, it's a Wels catfish, I've seen them in Windemere, they are massive, but no monster.

Wels catfish look like this:
hubpages.com...
They do not have several humps. So it is not a Wels catfish. According to an article in today's The Daily Mail, biologists have "dismissed the notion of it being a giant catfish".
www.dailymail.co.uk...

If you are going to call "hoax", at least provide evidence for your claim. But of course you don't have any because all you are doing is expressing your debunking mindset that thinks it can get away with any explanation - however much it fails to account for the reported evidence and lacks supporting evidence.
edit on 18-2-2011 by micpsi because: added link

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Other sightings of this "nessie" were proven to be catfish, I'm not saying thats what is pictured this time, but unless the witnesses are lying, its the best explanation if it was moving, this is my local turf, I know the ins and outs of what goes on here, hell, I've swam / canoed in lake Windemere more times than I can remember, there is no giant mystical creatures swimming about in there.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have studied cryptozoology and paranormal for years even pre-college. The only thing that bothers me about these photos and others like this is I can see at least 5 ways to replicate that picture or even make a more elaborate one.

I'm not saying this is false, but I wish for once when sightings occur in lake monsters, more evidence than humps would arise, more than one photo, take a series of photos if need be. This is just not enough for me.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Looks like Alligator humps to me or maybe even Crocodile.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienGrey

Not in these parts matey, don't think theres any in the UK full stop, unless a zoo has them.

<<   2 >>

join