It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell. Do you believe?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Do you believe that Roswell actually happened? I for one, am half and half. Bodies were recovered from the accident, unless I missed something, and there was a paper. A memo from one of the commanders/general of the force cleaning up the site. He was in 5 photos holding the memo in his hand, 3 of the photos were showing the front of the memo. The photo was enhanced, and the memo was readable. But I don't remember what it said.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Can you provide a link for this? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
shoot buddy, you post this in the ATS UFO board... I think half of us would be willing to undergo physical harm to have the truth exposed.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I think this is the picture he is talking about. The guy in the left side of the picture is some high up military guy forgot his name. He appears in 5 pics in one of the five pics the paper message is exposed to the camera. When enhanced with modern tech it says something about moving a disk to some airbase or something I seen a show that explained it all.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I saw that on the doc tonight also. The memo read clearly that vitims were recovered. And also clearly read something about a disk. I know the guy who analyzed it has a website but I don't have a link. The govt. official case closed document says the bodies were dummies they were dropping out of the ballons. Usually when you call something a victim that means it was alive and died. I think it is pretty safe to say an other worldly craft crashed that night.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by swordfish]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I think the testing that involved human dummies was not even done until many years after roswell. If that was written on the paper too I dont remember it was along time ago that Ive seen the show. But they always claim its just people mixing the roswell weather with the test that inculded the dummies years later. If it is on the paper it destroys their thoery on how bodies got into the roswell story.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I've always had a feeling this was true. The first time I researched this incident, I saw all the hoels in it, and the first stirrings of belief began in me. Something crashed there that night that was not of this world. Whether there were alien bodies recovered or not is still up for debate in my mind, but I am very confident that a crash did occur.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Evertime the goverment changes its story its looks more and more stupid. First it was a flying disk then it was a weather ballon then it was a secret balloon called progect Mogul then it was crash dummies dropped from balloons.

Some people claim you can never coverup something that big forever and they are right.The truth has been leaking out about Roswell for years but it is becoming loss in a flood of misinformation and crackpot theories. It makes finding the truth in plain sight pretty hard and it was a smart move on there part.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Some people claim you can never coverup something that big forever and they are right.

I would say the more fantastic and unbelievable the story is - the easier it is to coverup and make a mockery out of with disinformation.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Anyone got the url for the site with the enhanced picture?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I am not saying that Roswell did not happen, but Rudiak's photo enhancement of Gen. Ramey's note is questionable and subjective to say the least. Many of the "words" in his enhancement are illegible. However, it is a fascinating aspect. One would be wise to hold a cold, objective eye towards this point of view of this case.

~Face

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   

, but Rudiak's photo enhancement of Gen. Ramey's note is questionable and subjective to say the least. Many of the "words" in his enhancement are illegible.

That's true, but it does disprove the theory (As stated) that is was no weather balloon, but a "disc"

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deimos

, but Rudiak's photo enhancement of Gen. Ramey's note is questionable and subjective to say the least. Many of the "words" in his enhancement are illegible.

That's true, but it does disprove the theory (As stated) that is was no weather balloon, but a "disc"

I was not trying to disprove Roswell, I was pointing out that Rudiak's evidence is tenuous and pedestrian at best. Too many people put stock in such claims of evidence without common sense or critical thinking.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by swordfish
I saw that on the doc tonight also. The memo read clearly that vitims were recovered. And also clearly read something about a disk. I know the guy who analyzed it has a website but I don't have a link. The govt. official case closed document says the bodies were dummies they were dropping out of the ballons. Usually when you call something a victim that means it was alive and died. I think it is pretty safe to say an other worldly craft crashed that night.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by swordfish]

I heard somewhere that it was actually monkeys that were used for testing the parachutes or whatever they were testing.
They said that because of the pressure and the speed that they were falling because they were dropped from so high in the sky that caused the monkeys to look "abnormal."
In other parachute tests though (Or whatever it was they were testing dropping living monkeys from they sky), they actually did use monkeys.
It was either parachutes they were testing or a new material for clothing for parachuters. I don't actually know what it was.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by GuerrillaFuunkstaahh]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The only reason I pay any attention to the rswell story t ll is that the base communications officer put out a press release stating that a U.F.O. had crashed.

I can only see two logical reasons for this
1) a U.F.O. did crash.
2) a secret project plane crashed and the U.F.O. story was disinformation.

However I don't see how it would be possible to hide the recovery of an alien craft for 50 years without any substansitive proof.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I think this is the picture he is talking about. The guy in the left side of the picture is some high up military guy forgot his name. He appears in 5 pics in one of the five pics the paper message is exposed to the camera. When enhanced with modern tech it says something about moving a disk to some airbase or something I seen a show that explained it all.

YES! That is one of the 5 pictures taken of the Commanding Officer! Thats one of the photos that revealed some of his memo!

I think the testing that involved human dummies was not even done until many years after roswell. If that was written on the paper too I dont remember it was along time ago that Ive seen the show. But they always claim its just people mixing the roswell weather with the test that inculded the dummies years later. If it is on the paper it destroys their thoery on how bodies got into the roswell story.

And you are correct. Testing with dummies did not start until the mid 1950's. And ROSWELL was in 1947. BUT, and this is a really big BUT. But, what about the ROSWELL Alien autopsy video, that was recording the autopsy? I haven't seen it, but it exists. And, many civilians, AND some military personel were threatened by generals working on the case. saying that if they told anyone, they were dead.

When the autopsy was performed, a nurse reported being FORCED to help with the autopsy, and went hysterical.

[edit on 7-14-04 by Yasuhiko23]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I was uncertain as well. Regarding the Rudiak analysis of the memo, I also believe it is not so clear.
What I find interesting is that both astronauts Edgar Mitchell and Gordon Cooper have stated openly that the Roswell crash happened. This has made me believe it probably did happen:

Edgar Mitchell on ufos and Roswell

Modern UFO sightings really began with the Roswell incident in 1947, when a crashed
craft containing the corpses of several aliens was found in Roswell, New Mexico. Make no
mistake, Roswell happened. I've seen secret files which show the government knew about it - but
decided not to tell the public. There were very good security reasons for not informing the public
about Roswell. Quite simply, we wouldn't have known how to deal with the technology of
intelligent beings advanced enough to send a craft to Earth. The world would have panicked if
we'd known aliens were visiting us.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I saw frames from that purported alien autopsy video a few years ago. Also read an interview with a camera operator who filmed either all or part of an autopsy - the guy was about 80 years old when he was interviewed. It looked pretty convincing to my untrained eye. Now I'll have to try & track down where I saw & read this!

But it seems there was another video - supposedly a "disinformation" one. It was definitely fake, due to the presence of a wall phone in the video, & wall phones didn't happen till the 50's.

One alien was supposedly recovered alive, and lived for some months. Hell, I wish my memory was better than it is, & I hope someone else here can find links to support my imperfect memory, cos I just son't have the time right now to chase this up - so yeah, I can't "deny ignorance" qith what I'm saying now, sorry.

And wasn't there supposed to have been another "alien body" recovery from another crash not all thart long after, and within pretty much the same area?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
By the way, concerning the word "disc" on the Ramey memo, first look at this FBI FOIA document:

FBI 1947 July Roswell document

FLYING DISC, INFORMATION CONCERNING. [blackened out, see footnote 1] HEADQUARTERS
EIGHTH AIR FORCE, TELEPHONICALLY ADVISED THIS OFFICE THAT AN OBJECT
PURPORTING TO BE A FLYING DISC WAS RE COVERED NEAR ROSWELL, NEW
MEXICO, THIS DATE. THE DISC IS HEXAGONAL IN SHAPE AND WAS SUSPENDED
FROM A BALLON BY CABLE, WHICH BALLON WAS APPROXIMATELY TWENTY
FEET IN DIAMETER. [blackened out] FURTHER ADVISED THAT THE OBJECT
FOUND RESEMBLES A HIGH ALTITUDE WEATHER BALLOON WITH A RADAR
REFLECTOR, BUT THAT TELEPHONIC CONVERSATION BETWEEN THEIR OFFICE
AND WRIGHT FIELD HAD NOT [blackened out] BORNE OUT THIS BELIEF. DISC AND
BALLOON BEING TRANSPORTED TO WRIGHT FIELD BY SPECIAL PLANE FOR EXAMINATION.
INFORMATION PROVIDED THIS OFFICE BECAUSE OF NATIONAL INTEREST IN CASE
[blackened out] AND FACT THAT NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, ASSOCIATED PRESS, AND
OTHERS ATTEMPTING TO BREAK STORY OF LOCATION OF DISC TODAY. [blackened out]
[blackened out] ADVISED WOULD REQUEST WRIGHT FIELD TO ADVISE CINCINNATI
OFFICE RESULTS OF EXAMINATION. NO FURTHER INVESTIGATION BEING
CONDUCTED

Ambiguous IMHO. Was it a weather ballon with a "disc" reflector attached after all?

However, there is a MJ-12 document (hoax??):

Army memo on recovered disk

Following is a quote from the majestic documents site regarding the above memo:

This three page bureaucratic report provides the first glimpses of Lt. General Nathan F. Twining's Air Accident Report original published in Leonard Stringfield's (now deceased) Status Report VII, in 1994. Twining apparently describes in first order detail the inside of a flying disc, everything from the typewriter-like keys that control the propulsion system to a thirty-five foot doughnut shaped one-inch tube inside the craft filled with a clear substance. The significance and consistency of the technical content has not been evaluated, although it is clear that the writing is consistent with 1947 state of the art, not modern.

The mystery continues....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join