It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Shoots Handcuffed Suspect In Police Car In The Face

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
At the very least, the officer in question was demonstrating horrible gun handling protocol. Rule # 1, you NEVER aim your barrel at anything you aren't expecting to shoot at.

The reason that is such in important rule is that in the event that your gun does accidentally discharge, you don't shoot someone.

You see this all the time - people pointing barrels all over the place because they think the gun is on safety, or empty, or their finger is off the trigger. It's arrogance. It's a sign of disrespect towards the gun.

As soon as you begin to violate Rule #1, you are on the road to disaster, as this latest story demonstrates.

I doubt the cop did it on purpose because if that were the case, they wouldn't have handcuffed him in their car first. They would have uncuffed him, shot him dead, and planted a gun on him.

Cop should lose his job. He is putting everyone at risk. He could just as easily shot one of his fellow officers. He doesn't need "more training" - he's already clearly demonstrated that training doesn't work on him.

edit on 3-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

You're absolutely correct. Those would all be guesses.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Any chance to make a snide remark, I know.
I was saying it that way more as a segue into consideration of this idea.
Not to dismiss concerns with our current authority figures.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

YES I DO!!!!
Because of things that have happened to me personally and friends/family, added to account after account of kids and old ladies getting tased, dogs getting killed in front of their owners, women getting raped, people getting BEATEN within an inch of their lives .....and on and on it goes.

I have a buddy who is a Bomb and Arson detective. He knows how I feel. While I may love him personally,if he get's killed because he FKD with the wrong person......tough $HIT Cinderella, you got what was coming to you!!!!
The Law of averages WILL catch up to you.
The only way you can be judged "not guilty" in my book is if you are doing EVERYTHING in your power to expose corruption from the inside!!! If you are not doing that then you are just as guily as the rest and you WILL answer to the court of public outrage. and I will have front row seats with a grin on my face.

Are there "Good" cops? Depends on what you call GOOD!
Are there good God fearing Christians in the Mafia? Don't they protect the people in the neighborhood?
Don't they Kiss their mothers?
Don't they go to church on Sunday?
Don't they go to confession?

SURE they do.
And they also Live by the sword.
and when you live by the sword............
edit on 3-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The police are but the face of and a shield for your real and imagined enemy. But keep flaming the fire. That'll come in real handy someday. But maybe not the way you intend for it to.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by TV_Nation

It was a rifle. Bet they were just standing around. Who knows.

I'm neither defending nor rushing to judgment. They'll figure it out.

My beef here is with the re-reporting. And the usual jump-on-the-bandwagon comments.

If we keep looking for any little thing that supports our biases and then blowing them out of proportion, soon two things will happen. No one will pay attention any more at all, or people will be left with these exaggerated "memories" about what 9 times out of 10 is simply not that bad.

Just a pet peeve of mine. And rampant in the blogosphere and on discussion boards where people are forcing their own agendas and looking for support.

I know it was a rifle and it could have been an accident but like I said a cop should know the ins and outs of gun safety.

I do totally agree with you about the over sensational title and description. That is also one of the things that really irks me about ATS. There are so many threads that get zero attention because the titles used are not crazy, yet the ones with outlandish titles get attention when they are not worthy to say the least.

I think people have learned that if you want attention make an attention grabbing headline even if it may blur the lines a little.

I would love to see ATS mods stick to their guns with the rule about making the title of the articles the title of the thread... That would be really nice to see.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Again, I have nothing to fear, I would not shoot a cop nor harm a cop.
I am just a messenger. I listen to chatter and I can tell that the anti cop sentiment is getting worse.
I know from my perspective it scares me that I once used to be horrified when I heard of a cop getting shot.
Now....I'm not.
I'm more likely to think, "wonder what he did to deserve it"?

NOT MAKING THREATS!!!! Just stating the obvious.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Missed your post. Sorry. I read that...yes. Again, this wasn't my point. Whether he fired intentionally or by accident or it misfired, whether he was crazy or perfectly sane...we don't know. It doesn't seem like it was an accident is all we have to go on. Anything and everything else is speculation and assumption. It happened and was reported in the paper. It's not being covered up. We'll see.. But, hey...it's ATS. Dogpile on the cops!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well they stated in the article there was no question that it was not an accident.
We just need to know why.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

The bullet grazed his face. He wasn't shot in the face.

A projectile left the muzzle of the officers firearm. Said projectile struck the victim in the face. The term grazed is irrelevant. He was shot in the face.

If this seems far fetched to you, then you can try a little experiment. Load up your firearm, zero your scope, and use a rifle like the cop did. You're going to need incredible accuracy for this experiment. Once you're confident in your accuracy, pick someone on the street, make sure there's nobody behind them, and take your shot. Make sure you only graze his face.

Now, go to court. The judge, the jury, the prosecutor, the victim, the court recorder, the bailiff, and even the guy who polished the rails in the courtroom, are all under the impression that the victim has been "shot in the face". The fact that the bullet grazed his face, likely won't even be brought up in the trial, which will be a quick one, and you're still going to be found guilty of attempted murder, whether you grazed him or not.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It's not about "dog piling" on the cops.
I am just stating the obvious.
This may well have been an accident. It doesn't matter.
What matters is public perception.
NOT MY PERCEPTION!!!
NOT YOURS!!!!
Overall public perception.
and the overall public perception is becoming........Cops are P.O.S. and will get what they get.
I hope I am wrong. I don't want what is happening in Egypt.
But people as a whole have had it with Government/authority abusing their imagined powers.
If it gets to the point that people have had enough (and it WILL unless something changes real soon)
it is going to get real ugly. The best I can do is stay indoors and protect my family from the chaos.
I don't WISH harm on anyone, I just see a trend because of stories like this whether true or false, it only adds fuel to the fire.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Exactly.. if a bullet grazed you in the face you are going to have ptsd for the rest of your life recalling you were only two inches from having your brain blown out.

I would say grazed in the face is a pretty big deal.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Again.. it was stated in the news story that it WAS NOT AN ACCIDENT!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

...i'm fairly sure there is a t&c regulation that says when citing an outside source, you cannot alter the title of the article...

...imo, your Power Hungry Bacon link title is a copyright infringement (theft) on the actual article, which is someone else's work that you have now denigrated to promote your own agenda...

...maybe you should change that...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I don't see how naming his link is a problem.. they give you that option.
It's a joke. Now as for the headline, if that isn't the original I guess they could make him change that.
No it isn't copyright infringement (no opinion needed when there are facts and laws easily accessible so people don't have to make opinions and guesses on this matter).. how do you even get that?

edit on 3-2-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Pick on my examples all you want. Rationalize it all away all you want. My point stands. Sensationalistic reporting and re-reporting does no one any favors. The way you word your titles and your comments pretty much guarantees who you're going to attract and how the discussion's going to go, so don't let that lull you into a false sense of believing that this puts extremist views into any kind of majority. Have fun with the rest of your thread.
edit on 2/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: left a word out

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I don't see what you guys are trying to get at.. his title isn't inaccurate.
Does a bullet have to go completely through your face to be shot in the face.
If someone shoots a gun in your face, but the bullet only hits your cheek is that not being shot in the face (it certainly is)?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

ohhh I agree, It wasn't an accident. I'm just saying that even if it was it wouldn't matter.
The only thing that matters is public perception.

Now, am I supposed to feel bad a year from now when someone puts a bullet in this cops head??????
Really?
Are we so conditioned to repect authoritaahhh that even when ONE particular Cop gets what's coming to him we still condemn it???

If a particular Cop killed a man in hancuffs would it be different? What if he raped YOUR wife in front of you???
What if he raped YOUR kids in front of you???
At what point would you chuckle to yourself when someone put a bullet into his head.
These aren't "COPS" they are human beings. They are people. With or without that badge that's all they will ever be is....."PEOPLE" and as a person you will be held to the same standards everyone else is held to in the grand sceme of things. Karma is a bitch.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

ohhh I agree, It wasn't an accident. I'm just saying that even if it was it wouldn't matter.
The only thing that matters is public perception.

Now, am I supposed to feel bad a year from now when someone puts a bullet in this cops head??????
Really?
Are we so conditioned to repect authoritaahhh that even when ONE particular Cop gets what's coming to him we still condemn it???

If a particular Cop killed a man in hancuffs would it be different? What if he raped YOUR wife in front of you???
What if he raped YOUR kids in front of you???
At what point would you chuckle to yourself when someone put a bullet into his head.
These aren't "COPS" they are human beings. They are people. With or without that badge that's all they will ever be is....."PEOPLE" and as a person you will be held to the same standards everyone else is held to in the grand sceme of things. Karma is a bitch.

I'ts quite obvious why you've had your run ins with the coppers with this type of attitude you take. And I'm guessing your friends too. Maybe if you showed a little respect some would be returned to you by the evil coppers. Or better yet follow the law and you'll not have to see them to begin with.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

I guess you've got me pegged. You're soo right,the only reason for having a bad experience with a PIG is if you were breaking the law. I really don't even know how to begin dealing with that sort of mentality. It would take an entire afternoon of typing since I am a rather slow typer.
I'll bow out.
Thanks for the input and for showing your.......

edit to add: not that I would expect you or anyone else to believe me but, the fact of the matter is
I have a completely clean criminal record. But, let's not let facts get in the way.
edit on 3-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join