It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret space program disclosure on the way?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
S+F. Thanks, OP

Looking forward to seeing what's up there now.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Do you people really not know that your own government moved NASA under the military banner several years ago?

I don't even live in the US, and I know that. It was on the damn news.

Seriously guys, you need to pay more attention. The head of the agency is a General. Though I haven't gone to look recently, so perhaps he's moved on.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Also imagine if our Government DID have a secret space armada up there.

China could shoot it down and blow them all up. What would our Government do then? They couldn't say China shot their secret Spaceships...we were never told they exist. Nobody on Earth would believe them.

They'd have to attack China and would find the populace wouldn't want to support such a venture.

Having such a big secret would be an achilles heal. Imagine if we DID have a secret moon base....China blows it up. Still they couldn't tell us because nobody would believe it.

Having such big secrets allows our adversaries ability to destroy them without consequences.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The navy did indeed grab a downed saucer off the coast of LA after the engagement of the ack ack guns with an intruder over LA in 1942.
The army also supposedly got one that went down in the hills east of LA.
The disclosure of a note by Herbert Hoover, statng this is on file somewhere.
The adds for the srvices seem to be going the direction you indicate,(one for airforce which is pretty futuristic was discussed last week here.
You may be correct in your assessment of these adds, but i too think disclosure is not on the near agenda for a number of reasons.
Though the suppression of info may just be a habitual part of the system and is going to be phased out over the next while.
It seems to be working well these days.....so the question remains when?

When I watch one of the ads I think the Aliens movie....or the Halo game

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Do you people really not know that your own government moved NASA under the military banner several years ago?

I don't even live in the US, and I know that. It was on the damn news.

Seriously guys, you need to pay more attention. The head of the agency is a General. Though I haven't gone to look recently, so perhaps he's moved on.

Not correct at all. NASA is still a civilian agency, and the head of it is not a current general, but a retired one who was an astronaut. NASA and the Department of Defense have always worked together to some degree, but they were not moved to under the military like you claim

<< 1   >>

join