It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Carr injunction tightened, re: new ID

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
July 11, 2004
LAWYERS for a woman who was convicted of obstructing justice in a sensational child murder case said today they had succeeded in tightening an injunction banning publication of her new identity and whereabouts.
Maxine Carr, 27, was released from prison in May after serving 21 months in prison for lying to protect her former boyfriend Ian Huntley, who killed two 10-year-old girls at his home in the village of Soham in eastern England in August 2002.
news.com.au...
This verdict is terrible, imo.
She deliberately lied to the authorities to 'cover' for her boyfriend. I hate to think what would
have happened if she succeeded and Huntley was not caught.

People who "comply" with SCUM who abuse children in this way or anyway for that matter, have forfeited the right to meld back into society with 'anonimity'

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So you would want her dead???

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick
So you would want her dead???

No, just "named and shamed" no matter where she 'resides' for the rest of her life.
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think anyone here in the UK was effected by this story over the past year,
Holly and jessica was murdered by the school janeter.
Maxine carr (the girlfriend of the muderer) lyed to police to protect her boyfriend, she even went as far as appealing for the safe return of the girls.

This women does no deserve to be protected,

here is a page of links about the case,

search.sky.com...

I agree with you sanctum Name and shame!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
People would try and kill her, everyone deserves forgivenes.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

People would try and kill her, everyone deserves forgivenes.

"People would try and kill her, everyone deserves forgivenes".

Can an expert of the English language tell me if a sentence
could fall under the definition, Oxymoron?
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Ok then ill try and say it simply.

If people found out where she was they would try and kill her.

You said she had forfeited her right to come back to society, in my opinion she hasnt i think everyone deserves forgiveness and a second chance.

ANd i dont understand how it is an oxymoron.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Fitzpatrick, I'm not trying to start a fight

Now, that I really think about Carr' new I.D. people will suss' her out
no matter where she is relocated.

Oxymoron...
Etymology: Late Greek oxymOron, from neuter of oxymOros pointedly foolish, from Greek oxys sharp, keen + mOros foolish
: a combination of contradictory or incongruous words (as cruel kindness); broadly : something (as a concept) that is made up of contradictory or incongruous elements

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I know what an oxymoron is , thanks mrs birchall (myenglish teacher). But i dont understand how i contradicted myself.

Aparently she has a new makeover and she works in a bakery and people dont recognise her.

[edit on 11/09/1987 by Fitzpatrick]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Aparently she as a new makeover and she works in a bakery and people dont recognise her.

I've got a come back, but i'm not posting it.

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think this is a kind of touchy subject really,
I am quite a forgiving person but i think why should people like that deserve
a chance, 2 little girls where killed, there lifes are over and there familys have to try and live with that the rest of there lives

I dont know i just wish she was locked away in a small cell forever.

But thats just my personal opinion right or wrong,

I just cant imagin if that happened to my lil sister who is the same age as holly...

[edit on 13-7-2004 by asala]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
same goes for the james bulger case two kids then killed a child now in there 20 i think have every thing they want new life house etc etc . now where is the justice in that you kill a kid and after you get released you can start a fresh new life

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Maxine Carr has such a distinctive face I really don't think it would be too hard to recognise her. I really don't think she'll have much of a life unless she moves to somewhere like Australia or gets plastic surgery, even without being named and shamed. Everyone in the UK knows *that* face

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
slick, the Oz Gov't put a stop to any relocation a couple of months ago. Everyone here
would recognise her as the whole tragedy was widely covered here. And the Gov't would
have hell to pay.

I quote, "The Australian Government today denied the existence of any plan to move Maxine Carr to a new life there.

It issued a public statement following speculation that police, prison and probation officials had tried to persuade Carr to leave the UK and adopt a secret identity in Australia.

Senator Chris Ellison, Australian minister for justice and customs, said: �While it is not generally the practice of the Australian Government to comment on such matters, British reports that the Australian Government had agreed to accept Maxine Carr are incorrect.

�No such agreement has been struck, and I am not aware of any request to the Australian Government to relocate Ms Carr to Australia.�

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I am one of the most forgiving people you will meet- but maxine carr deserves nothing- it must of cost quite abit to protect and hide her away- she deserves to be named and shamed-what she did is unforgivable- there is no way to justify it.

I hate the way in the UK child abusers and so on are by law PROTECTED- it terrible

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
According to Ms Carr's version, she didn't know Huntley had murdered the two girls and lied for different reasons, as follows. All quotes from here:

Quote:

"Carr told the Old Bailey that she had lied for two weeks after the girls vanished, on 4 August last year. She insisted "it had not crossed her mind" that Huntley had killed them. If it had, she would have told police "like a shot", she added......

"...Carr told the court while she knew it was wrong to lie, she knew she "was doing the right thing at the time for the right person". She said: "I just knew Ian, he wouldn�t have done anything like that....

".... She urged him to go to the police and tell him (SIC) what had happened - that the girls left the house - but she said he told her "no way" and he would lose his job. Carr claimed this was why she lied......"

Please remember that Ms Carr was *never* accused of being implicated in the murder of the two girls, "only" that she had lied in providing Huntley with an alibi. Whilst I'm not condoning what she did, please don't treat her in the same way as you would a known and incarerated child murderer. Shr was not a Rosemary West after all but, at the time, trying to "protect" her lover.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
obviously this women is psyco and murder the kid

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman
obviously this women is psyco and murder the kid

Obviously??
On what evidence do you base this assertion lcm??

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
OMG- she was in some way involved in the murder of two young innocent children-coming up with an alibi for her murdering lover is as sick as doing the act itself.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

"...Carr told the court while she knew it was wrong to lie, she knew she "was doing the right thing at the time for the right person". She said: "I just knew Ian, he wouldn�t have done anything like that....

trying to "protect" her lover.

Good points Genya.
However what's done is done. That's the cold hard fact that two young girls were murdered
and she lied to the investigators.

My opinion of Maxine Carr' personality...
1. Low self-esteem.
2. Very 'insecure'.
3. "Blind by love"

Sanc'.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join